OMGoodness, I found my peeps!

RonelleRonelle Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey everyone!
I can"t believe I just found this site:happy3:
I"ve been reading your post for hours and am so happy to be with my peeps...
A little bit of my hairstory... Hairstylist for 17 years whos been torturing my frizzy(bleached) locks ( think I'm in the 3c catagory) with flat irons and constant blowdrying. I'm working up the courage to set the beast free, just know the first few weeks will be a nightmare.
Any 3c's like to recommend some favorite products? I do deep condition, but have alot of breakage :(
As a hairstylist I have to say I'm soo disappointed with salon products for curly hair, they don't seem to have clue what we really need
Looking forward to getting to know some curly girls and improving my service to other curly girls!

Comments

• ChrsLvsBksChrsLvsBks Posts: 117Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ronelle wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    I can"t believe I just found this site:happy3:
    I"ve been reading your post for hours and am so happy to be with my peeps...
    A little bit of my hairstory... Hairstylist for 17 years whos been torturing my frizzy(bleached) locks ( think I'm in the 3c catagory) with flat irons and constant blowdrying. I'm working up the courage to set the beast free, just know the first few weeks will be a nightmare.
    Any 3c's like to recommend some favorite products? I do deep condition, but have alot of breakage :(
    As a hairstylist I have to say I'm soo disappointed with salon products for curly hair, they don't seem to have clue what we really need
    Looking forward to getting to know some curly girls and improving my service to other curly girls!

I recently joined as well. I do not know if I believe in hair typings but if I did I would be a 3c and 4a. Stay away from cones, include lots of moisturizing butters (shea and mango) and oils (try to get them from health food store). I currently use jojoba, coconut, grapeseed and olive oils.

What is more important than type is the texture, density, porosity and elasticity.

You may want to "wash" your hair with baking soda followed by apple cider vinegar before you try products. I would suggest doing a search here for ridding your hair of the product build up first and foremost.

Also read the newbies section to help with abbreviations and look at the 3c board.
    Hair: coarse texture; low porosity; normal density and elasticity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file