It's My Week-iversary! Loving CG

Well, I started on the 21st, so kinda a week. But regardless, I'm love this no-poo thing. I cannot believe how much better my hair is doing. I just wanted to thank everyone on the boards because I read so much and learned so much form all of your posts.

I started having a wee bit of trouble with oilies so I did a baking soda rinse followed by and ACV rinse and I think that took care of it.

And one more thing, if you're just starting out: don't give up!!

Thanks again! So glad I found this website!

Comments

• Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    I'm so glad you are having such success with CG. Be sure to take picture to document your progress, you might like to look back on them and see how far you've come. :)
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

• CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users
    Congrats! The best part is, things will probably keep getting better. You're lucky it's working so well - mine took a while to adjust to CG even a little bit. Today's my month-iversary and my hair feels so much better. 8)
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).
  • IzzyTheTerribleIzzyTheTerrible Posts: 194Registered Users
    I'm going on mine too! It's funny I thought co-washing was such a big deal, but it's not! My hair is less greasy than it was, my hair is ADORING it, and all from a $.98 bottle of condish. :)

I did pick up some low poo and used that cause I'm still using some products that have the A-Cone in it, but I prefer no-poo! Gooooo team no-poo!
    2a-2b/fine/LOTS of it/Florida Dews
    CG as of 7/29.

Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    RO-Condish: Suave Tropical Coconut / Matrix Conditioning Balm
    Low-Poo: Daisy Fuentes

Protein --> :love8: <-- My Hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file