Help confused silicon parabens? UK CG.

madhairdaymadhairday Posts: 2Registered Users
I brought some of Boots own conditioner today for trying co washing and Naked Rescue Intense care for conditioner and leave in.
I was concentrating so much on making sure the Conditioners didnt contain cones that I didnt notice it contained parabens in the Boots Conditioner. Am I right in thinking this means its a no no then?
The naked rescue seems fine but if anyone knows that it is would be greatful for the reassurance. I also brought the boots curl creme and shockwaves gel which again are both okay I think?
Thanks in advance for any help from the Ukrs as im finding it a bit confusing at the moment

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Parabens are ok for CG, but are pretty controversial in general. Some people avoid them, some don't. I think it's something to research and decide for yourself.

I'm not in the UK, so I can't comment on the gel. The curl creme is great for CG! It's one of my favorites! There are some threads around here with UK product suggestions if you can find them.

Good luck getting started!
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • Crystal TipsCrystal Tips Posts: 240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    madhairday wrote: »
    I brought some of Boots own conditioner today for trying co washing and Naked Rescue Intense care for conditioner and leave in.
    I was concentrating so much on making sure the Conditioners didnt contain cones that I didnt notice it contained parabens in the Boots Conditioner. Am I right in thinking this means its a no no then?
    The naked rescue seems fine but if anyone knows that it is would be greatful for the reassurance. I also brought the boots curl creme and shockwaves gel which again are both okay I think?
    Thanks in advance for any help from the Ukrs as im finding it a bit confusing at the moment

Hi madhairday

I'm a UK newbie and will be starting CG next week. :happy8:
    It is tricky to pull out any UK specific info here but if you use the search and type in UK* - the asterisk will serve as a third letter and hopefully pull out more UK specific info.

I'm in the process of getting together information/products for starting the new regime - it is harder for us Brits as we obviously can't get hold of a lot of the US stuff but we do have suitable stuff here for CG. Have you visited the new British Curlies website yet? If not, do - it's only 3 months old but forums are now active so we can hopefully improve our UK product knowledge :blob5:

www.britishcurlies.co.uk

I have so far bought:
    Cowash: OS Coconut and Almond and OS Pear and Avocado
    Condish: AOHR, Dr Organics Aloe Vera Condish
    DT: AOHR, Louise Galvin DT
    Stylers: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]CJ CCCC[/buylink], Boots Curl Creme, Boots Purple hard hold gel, Dr Organics Aloe Vera Gel
    On order: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]

I am going to play around with combinations on the above and see how it goes.

Also, check out this huge list here - might be helpful:

www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/ingredients-commonly-found-in-hair-care-products

Hope this is helpful :toothy5:
    UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
    Currently in my rotation:
    Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
    Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
    Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
    Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
    Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file