Donna Marie MiraCurls

rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
OK, either my thread function is not working properly or there is not much usage specific mention of this product yet.

Who loves it? Why? And how are we using it?
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Man, this stuff smells yummy.

Guidance puh-leeeze!
    My Photobucket Album
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I wanted to go sniff this at nubian heritage today but they only had a few of her face things, and who knows how long that was in the store for and one bottle of shampoo.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »
    I wanted to go sniff this at nubian heritage today but they only had a few of her face things, and who knows how long that was in the store for and one bottle of shampoo.

It smells edible!:occasion2:
    My Photobucket Album
  • Chelley MaeChelley Mae Posts: 359Registered Users
    Has anyone found this to NOT be volume reducing? Cuase I definitely don't want that, but I like the thought of curlier curls.....
    2b/3A/ Fine/Med Porosity (i think)
    Mod CG
    Currently Using:
    Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
    Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
    Leave Ins: Jasmines Babasu Buttercream, CJ CALI (HG), Jasmines Shea, CJ BCLI
    Stylers: CJ CCCC-Lite, Komaza CHP, SS CEJ, CJ SG
    Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

• sharon5152sharon5152 Posts: 207Registered Users
    So far I've found it to be volume reducing; I've used it with the buttermilk, and another time with the DM curl cream, and another day with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]CJ CCCC[/buylink]. I'm not thrilled yet...my curls are not clumpy, thinner and stringier looking. Perhaps my hair was not wet enough, dripping enough when I've put in the products. Maybe I'll try with Rudeechick's method of supersoaking...has anyone tried the MiraCurls without using a gel on top?
    3a/b
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
    Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
    DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

http://public.fotki.com/sharon5152/
  • curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users
    I used mine for the first time today. I decided to use it like I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. So, a little CJ CALI underneath, then the DMCG, and a little BRHG on top. I don't have the best curls today - a little stringy, and looser - and also less volume. I think I'll try it without a LI underneath next, because it seems like it's all too heavy for my hair.
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
  • thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    Rudee, I noticed you used to use the DMHJ under Pink Boots...do you think a MiraCurls + Pink Boots combo would also work?
    (I'm just amazed you could use that combo without a gel...which one had hold, the DMHJ or the Boots?)
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

http://public.fotki.com/thicknwavy/
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
    Rudee, I noticed you used to use the DMHJ under Pink Boots...do you think a MiraCurls + Pink Boots combo would also work?
    (I'm just amazed you could use that combo without a gel...which one had hold, the DMHJ or the Boots?)

Well, first off that was in winter hair - I doubt it would work for me now. But I do get lots of definition retention from the HJ, regardless of whatI use it with. It doesnt hurt to try!:angel12:
    My Photobucket Album
  • curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users
    I decided to experiment with the MiraCurls again tonight, with no leave-in and just a little BRHG on top. It's completely dry now, and I have very well defined ringlets, and no frizz at all. I don't see any noticeable volume reduction.

We'll see if I can get second day hair out of it tomorrow!
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
    I used the Miracurls Detangler Leave in tonight. Smells AMAZING, love the texture (nice slip) and I got great hair (used it with BBFSG and HESMU).

Cant wait to try the Mriacurls Gelee!
    My Photobucket Album
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used the Miracurls today for the first time. I like it so far. I used the Afro Detangler as a leave-in, followed by the Miracurl. I used Curls Goddess Glaze over it. It worked really well. Because the dewpoint was insanely high, I used a very small amount of BRHG. I have amazing curls, lots of volume and definition ... and NO FRIZZ.

So far it definitely looks promising. I only use the BRHG at this time of year and only if it is really really muggy (with very high dewpoints). I am not a fan of the crunchiness I get with it.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    ~
  • s-curl-7s-curl-7 Posts: 193Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »
    What are the ingredients for the Miracurls?

I wonder about this too since there isn't an ingredient listing on the DM website.
    Current HG: CJ CCCC-lite+BRHG
    http://public.fotki.com/s-curl-7/
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sorry I can't help with the ingredients; I only had a sample of it. I also checked Afrokinks.com and they didn't have the ingredients listed.

Hopefully one of the others will jump in.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The ingredients were on the website before it sold out and I copied to my product ingredient spreadsheet I keep!! Here ya go!

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Plantago Psyllium Extract, Slippery Elm Root, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Avocado Oil, Sunflower Oil, Honeyquat, Pro-Vitamin B5, Xanthan Gum, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Beet Root Extract, Citric Acid, Silver Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Fragrance
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
    ~
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LL I would e-mail and verify those ingredients. The fact that they are not available could mean something is being changed :dontknow:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I sent an email August 12th asking for the ingredients as I wanted to make sure what I had was correct. I just now received the below email:
    The ingredients should be listed by tomorrow. Please continue to check the site. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Healthy Hair is Good Hair,

The Customer Service Team
    Donna Marie Beauty Products, LLC
    www.beautybydonnamarie.com
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
    I sent an email August 12th asking for the ingredients as I wanted to make sure what I had was correct. I just now received the below email:
    The ingredients should be listed by tomorrow. Please continue to check the site. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Strange........

Well it will be good to compare what you posted and what ends up on the site. This sounds like the same kind of stuff going on with KBB lately...:confused1:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    Okay....they just sent me another email. Here it is:
    The ingredients are now posted on the website. We changed the Honeyquat to Vegetable Glycerin and removed sunflower oil as there were a few complaints about consistency. We added Linseed Extract to the formula to enhance the gelled consistency of the product.

Thank you for choosing Donna Marie!

The below is from the website!

UPDATED FORMULA::
    Purified water, aloe vera juice, linseed extract, plantago psyllium extract, vegetable glycerin, slippery elm root, rosemary extract, hibiscus extract, xanthan gum, Pro-Vitamin B5, Avocado oil, beet root (for color), silver citrate, citric acid, potassium sorbate and fragrance.
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
    Thanks. I don't see hyaluronic acid, which is what I swear dried out my hair with the aloe honey curling jelly.

But what is this sliver citrate? :scratch: -- Never mind, I found it's used as an antimicrobial.
    lazy loops wrote: »
    Thanks. I don't see hyaluronic acid, which is what I swear dried out my hair with the aloe honey curling jelly.

But what is this sliver citrate? :scratch: -- Never mind, I found it's used as an antimicrobial.

NP! My only concern is the Glycerin. I don't believe I have used a product with Glycerin before. I will have to look at the ingredients on my products when I get home.
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I heard from Ayanna, too. I think the issues with the honeyquat and consistency are interesting. I used honeyquat in my recent batch of FSG, instead of agave nectar. Although I used twice as much xanthum gum--it's still runny. I thought it could be the heat. The other issue with some of these products is that they are manufactured under good conditions, but I don't think the delivery trucks are air conditioned. I'm hesitant to put in a big order for some other "natural" products while we're under going our current heat wave.

On another note, Ayanna said that, " I am about to launch a new Buttercream on the site soon that will be a "head-to-toe" cream. Thus, it can be used in the hair and on the body. Great for dry hair. It will be somewhat heavy but very penetrable, so be on the lookout!"
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users Curl Novice
    Any updates from those of you who have tried Miracurl Curling Gelly? It's on sale so I'm tempted.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• curlyjeancurlyjean Posts: 72Registered Users
    I'm so glad this thread was started. I just got an email from DonnaMarie and checked out her site for the first time in ages. I can't believe all the changes! I have been such a CurlJunkie junkie for so long that I kind of forgot about DonnaMarie.

So, I noticed that the Honey Aloe curling jelly is gone. So is the jar of Co Co curly buttercream.

I'm very interested to see how everybody likes the new products. I didn't have a lot of luck with her stuff. My curls would come out okay and pretty frizz-free, but it always felt like my hair was kind of hard and dry. I can't really explain it. I haven't had my DM stash out in quite a while. Maybe it's time?
    3a/3b and fighting frizz!

Hair hates: Jessicurl RR and CC (FRIZZ!)

Hair loves: Anything Curl Junkie, KathyMack soap bars, KBB milk, nectar and hair mask, Giovanni Leave-In conditioner, CLU cloths, my heavenly silk pillowcase and my bone comb with wide and fine tooth ends.

Happiness comes and goes, but joy resides in the soul, always. It is the soul's natural state and our job, as human beings, is to reside there as well.
  • CoilsKinksCurlsCoilsKinksCurls Posts: 418Registered Users
    I am have 4a hair type and my hair absolutely loves the MiraCurl Curly Gelly. It is perfect for my hair right now but who knows what will happen when it get's cold outside. That glycerin could cause major frizz and dryness. Have to wait and see!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check Out my YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CoilsKinksCurls

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
    Don't like it, just keep walkin!!
    :walk:
    Ok girls. I'm going to be honest I was not going to try this. DM has been getting some bad press lately with spoilage so I was skeptical and frankly I just don't need more stuff. I was given some of the new formula from another curly. I don't understand why this works so well on me. It's Flax Gel mostly and I've never had good results with FSG! Whatever, the combination of ingredients gives me shiny, frizz free no fuss waves and I absolutely LOVE this gelly. I'm also curious what will happen in low dew points but I'll enjoy it while I can! :lol: I am going to keep it in the fridge to be safe. I used AD as a LI and BRHG on top for add'l hold as always. It gave me great 2nd day too. The smell reminds me of the L&T but not as strong it took a few sniffs to get used to it and now it's grown on me :)
    Discovered CG 2007

I finally decided to order on the last day of the sale which was 8/31. I hope I have good results because I really love the leave-in. Will definitely post my results once I do receive!
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
    double post!
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file