Stay at home mom needs easy routine~!

ksmclean1ksmclean1 Posts: 10Registered Users
Hi everyone,
I have 2 young ones (4 and 2) and have been putting my hair in a ponytail for a year now. I can't stand to have my hair in my face anymore. I have the length just above my shoulders. I am 3b underneath and 3a/3b for the rest of my hair but it's very flat on top. I really need help with an easy and less expensive routine for my hair so I can be rid of everyday ponytails.
I have been on nc off and on since I joined but not familiar with all the abreviations, etc... so if you have advice, please keep that in mind.

I 'wash' my hair every 3 days or so, alternating poo/cond and just cond, and always with an after cream and/or gel.
Air dry.

Currently and just recently started this:
Suave Humectant Shampoo (new to market)
V05 Moisture Milks Cond- Passion Fruit Smoothie (sometimes mixing with Redken Butter treat on cond only days)
Styling Products mixture of: Suave Sleek Anti-frizz cream, Aussie Tizz no Frizz, sometimes Redken glass

Can't find my camera or I would take a pic

Thanks so much!!!
Stacey M

Comments

• wookiemousewookiemouse Posts: 295Registered Users
    I'm also a SAHM (4 and 1 yr old). What I do that works - get some elastic hair bands. The ones that work to hold hair out of your face, not the ponytail kind. You could also do pretty scarves or the like. I take a shower when my youngest has his morning nap (10:30 AM), co wash, condition, put in product (cremes, etc), plop for as long as it takes to get dressed, then put in gel and the hair band and let it air dry. It's out of my face and the whole routine takes me 10-15 mins, tops. I sleep with a satin nightcap so second day hair is AWESOME, which means in the morning (which is when we run errands), I can just put on a hairband, fluff the curls a little and go. That takes 5 seconds, literally. I've been thrilled with the results so far.

I was a ponytail junkie for about 4 years, and only recently have I found this new technique. My hair is just slightly below shoulder length with some face-framing layers, btw. These layers curl up and around the hair band, which makes the hair look fuller.

Stacy
    3a/some b, med/high porosity, med texture

My current HGs:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, VO5 Strawberries & Cream
    Conditioner: Deva OneC
    Leave-in: Shea M, Deva B'Leave In
    Cremes: CIAB, pink Boots
    Gels: BRHG

CG since 2/07 and loving it!
  • ksmclean1ksmclean1 Posts: 10Registered Users
    Thanks, Stacy! what does plop mean?
    I'm also a SAHM (4 and 1 yr old). What I do that works - get some elastic hair bands. The ones that work to hold hair out of your face, not the ponytail kind. You could also do pretty scarves or the like. I take a shower when my youngest has his morning nap (10:30 AM), co wash, condition, put in product (cremes, etc), plop for as long as it takes to get dressed, then put in gel and the hair band and let it air dry. It's out of my face and the whole routine takes me 10-15 mins, tops. I sleep with a satin nightcap so second day hair is AWESOME, which means in the morning (which is when we run errands), I can just put on a hairband, fluff the curls a little and go. That takes 5 seconds, literally. I've been thrilled with the results so far.

I was a ponytail junkie for about 4 years, and only recently have I found this new technique. My hair is just slightly below shoulder length with some face-framing layers, btw. These layers curl up and around the hair band, which makes the hair look fuller.

Stacy
  • wookiemousewookiemouse Posts: 295Registered Users
    Here's a great video on plopping or plunking - it really helps set the curls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSN_nTWDVAo

Stacy
    3a/some b, med/high porosity, med texture

My current HGs:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, VO5 Strawberries & Cream
    Conditioner: Deva OneC
    Leave-in: Shea M, Deva B'Leave In
    Cremes: CIAB, pink Boots
    Gels: BRHG

CG since 2/07 and loving it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list