Frizzies after coloring???

AngellaAngella Posts: 5Registered Users
I just colored my hair (at home) because someone told me that it made hair shinier. Well . . . it's not, it's SO frizzy. Does anyone have any tips??

Comments

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Did you lighten? I find that lightening my hair with highlights makes it frizzier for me. I've never totally lightened my hair and after seeing what highlights do, I'm afraid to try.

Try a deep treatment, maybe one with protein. I think protein is supposed to help fill in the "holes" caused by chemical damage, and it sounds to me that your hair may be a bit stressed after your coloring. I found ApHOGEE at Sally's. It was a little over $2 for a two treatment pack. If you're following CG, it does have Amodimethicone in it, but it's pretty far down on the ingredients list.

Give it a few days, use lots of conditioner and hopefully it will bounce back soon.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Oh I forgot. Sometimes deep treatments will help cause the color to fade faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Yeah, I think you're supposed to wait 10 days before doing a protein DT.

Give it a few days Angella, coloring can "shock" your hair, but sometimes it just goes back to its old self after a few days of recovery.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file