South Mane in Cornelius, NC

Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
Anybody know the prices here? Or what all is included (as in cut then cleansed, styled and dried)?
We called yesterday to find out and got the answering machine.
I saw a thread (I forget when it was started) and someone said it was only $47.

The salon I had picked out is $94 the first time for a consultation, cut, cleanse, style and dry. The second time and beyond it is $89.
Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
Rinse:
ACV rinse
Detangler/Conditioner:
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer

Comments

• saricurlsaricurl Posts: 121Registered Users
    I get my hair cut there - it is $47 for a cut (cut, cleanse, style, dry). April Couse is the one you want for a curly cut. Her # is 704-896-3343. She is Deva trained and does a great job. PM me if you have any more questions!
    3b with a little 3a
    Mostly CG, but I love me some amodimethicone.

Cleanse: V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner; CJ Hibiscus Bliss low poo; LLL Green Tea Cleanse
    Rinse-Out: Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Redken All Soft (old formula), LVPNG, LVPHG
    Leave-In: Agave nectar plus Sebastian Potion 9 or Aloeba
    Style: Dab of QCCC, Re:Coil or Mop-C under BRHG/HESMU combo

• Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    Thanks! We played telephone tag for a couple days and we called Friday to schedule an appointment but she didn't call back until Monday because she went away for the weekend.
    My appointment is on the 19th of August!
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • CurlyQMomCurlyQMom Posts: 203Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this!! I really need to get a curly cut after I finish transitioning and this is much more budget friendly!
    Sulfate & Silcone Free since July 2009
    2C-3A normal to high (ends) porosity, medium texture, lower end of med density
    Currently experimenting with Water Only Washing and dropping stylers

Negative on: AOHR, mineral oil
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyQMom/
    Thanks! We played telephone tag for a couple days and we called Friday to schedule an appointment but she didn't call back until Monday because she went away for the weekend.
    My appointment is on the 19th of August!

Curls=Beauty - Please report back and let me know how your cut goes - I made an appointment for the 20th! :blob4:

Definitely will. I am so excited and nervous!
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:

I love my cut! She was great! She listened to what I wanted and didn't push products or anything and was really nice. She has curly (actually wavy) hair herself that is pretty.
    I didn't do anything drastic. I'll post a thread with pics later today or tomorrow.
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:

• CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Posts: 758Registered Users
    I missed this thread the first time around..
    ::waving to Sari::
    I too, get my hair cut by April. I go every 12-13 weeks.
    Sometimes she cuts my hair dry and sometimes she cuts it w/ conditioner in it.
    And yes, the 47$ bill is very easy to swallow.
    And how much do we LOVE her head and neck massages?
    Dear Lord! I could sit there all day and just have her massage my head.

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I missed this thread the first time around..
    ::waving to Sari::
    I too, get my hair cut by April. I go every 12-13 weeks.
    Sometimes she cuts my hair dry and sometimes she cuts it w/ conditioner in it.
    And yes, the 47$ bill is very easy to swallow.
    And how much do we LOVE her head and neck massages?
    Dear Lord! I could sit there all day and just have her massage my head.

The head and neck massage was amazing! I seriously almost fell asleep!
    I love her hair as well!
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:

I got my hair cut by April last week as well. I couldn't be happier! Having tried the Ouidad method - unsuccessfully and painfully, I might add - I was nervous about how this would go. My hair looks the best it has curly since I was a child.

Two thumbs up and well worth the drive from Matthews. :blob:

• GermanCurlGermanCurl Posts: 13Registered Users
    I am glad to hear positive feedback of other curlies who went to South Maine in Cornelius NC. Although my goal for this year is to let my hair grow, I am on the lookout for a good beautician in the LKN area.
    Thus far I have spent way to much money on salons who are not experienced to cut curls and always regretted my visit to a salon.
    I will make sure to see April next spring!
    yours truly,
    GermanCurl
  • CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Posts: 758Registered Users
    CurlyQMom wrote: »

Two thumbs up and well worth the drive from Matthews. :blob:

I'm in Southeast Charlotte (Ballantyne area)
    It's really not that bad a ride. I will be honest, if I were to get my haircut the usual every 4-6 weeks, I probably wouldn't be going to her. Once every 3 months isn't that bad. The key is, you have to time it right. Traffic on 77 (and 485) could be a nightmare if not timed right!

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list