Ladies, Let's Have a Product Sound Off!!

MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
I am sure this has been done before, but I know it hasn't been done recently. Let's post what products we are loving now! Here I go:

I am a mix of 2a,b,c & 3a, battling heat and Colorado dryness:

Cleanser(s): DevaBrown LoPoo, Homemade NoPoo, J/A/S/O/N Thin-Thick Shampoo, or a Homemade Baking Soda rinse to remove buildup
Conditioner(s): DevaBrown OneC, Homemade OneC, Nexxus Humectress
Leave-In: Just a bit of whatever conditioner I used
Styling Product(s): [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink], Graham Webb Making Waves Gel, Aussie High Shine/High Hold Hairspray
Deep Treatment: Coconut and Jojoba Oils

To style I scrunch in products, plop 15 min, diffuse 5 min

I hope this gets a lot of responses, it would really help the many newbies!
2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
Graham Webb Making Waves gel
jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.

Comments

• who knew?who knew? Posts: 8Registered Users
    Great idea!

I'm mostly 2b with some 3a-ish around my face.

Cleanser(s): right now just CO wash with left over vo5 Freesia, once a week or so, and massage under running water the other days
    Conditioner(s): Trader Joe's Essensial (I'm loving this stuff!) mixed in my hand with grocery store honey, about 50/50
    Leave-In: Doing the CG thing of leaving in the conditioner above, or just rinsing for a couple seconds, depending on the weather and how my hair feels
    Styling Product(s): Herbal Essences Humidify Defying Gel (discontinued) or Herbal Essences Set me Up Gel (the new one)
    Deep Treatment: sesame or olive oil

I rake product in the front (otherwise I get Beethoven curls there :shock: ), scrunch the rest, plop about 15 min and then air dry.
    shoulder length, dark brown and 2b-ish
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I am a mix of 2's & a bit of 3a, living in hot and sticky Alabama:

Cleanser(s): Beehive Bathhouse (lowpoo) in Sunkissed
    Conditioner(s): Beehive Bathhouse (has wheat protein, but my hair doesn't seem to mind) in Sunkissed
    Leave-In: I usually leave a little conditioner in
    Styling Product(s): Aussie Tizz-no-frizz Gel or Gel&Water, Aussie Mouse occationally
    Deep Treatment: I use some conditioner with BurtBee's Apricot Babyoil added as an oil treatment as needed

I wash and condition about two/three times a week. I put in gel and leave it until 75% dry then diffuse, diffuse, diffuse! I refresh with water/conditioner/curl enhancer that I mix up myself. I ONLY brush just before washing. If I straiten, I use Frizzease straitening spray and Aussie mouse.

Thanks Megnificanet this is always fun!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • csjcsj Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For as much as I try out, I ususally return to Aveda products:

Shampure Shampoo & Conditioner (I wash daily)
    Elixir mixed with Confixtor (in the winter I switch to Be Curly and Confixtor)

Once or twice a week I use Clove shampoo and Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner. The Pure Abundance sh & cn are nice as well for extra curl formation.
    ~Chiara~
    Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
  • yogawavesyogawaves Posts: 368Registered Users
    Cleanser: Jessicurl gentle lather poo Love it!

Conditioner: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink], Elucence, or Curls asian tea co

Leave in's: I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]Elucence mbc[/buylink] diluted in spray bottle with water, sometime jojoba oil.

Styling: not much luck here (tried too many to mention,lol), thinking of trying aura hypo gel

Deep treatment, don't really do ! Although the curls tea is deep, I use it as reg. co.

I'm pretty much 2a/b.
    yogawaves, formerly known as yogagirl
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Woo hoo! These threads are always fun. My hair is wavy with a spiral here and there. Not too thick, not too thin. Perhaps a teeny bit on the coarse side, but nothing heinous. I call it 2b-ish.

If I work the products and routine just right, I can almost get 3a hair. However, that requires (among other tricks) only scrunching, no raking of products or combing hair out even with the widest of wide-tooth combs. Then I have to contend with uneven product distribution, various flat areas, and tangles.

I've decided it's too hard to make your hair what it's not (though I've made this vow so many times...talk to me again in a few weeks 8) ). Right now, I'm all about just going with the waves. I've also been on a Suave conditioner kick lately.

Cleanser: Abba Volumizing Shampoo for washing, Suave M & H or Lavender for CO-washing

Conditioner: Suave Healthy Curls

Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine for everyday wear, Blackseed Oil spray leave-in overnight (spritz in onto the ends and pineapple)

Styling Products: BRHG, Generic PM Super Sculpt knock-off, HE Set Me Up Gel, PM Sculpting Foam, Garnier Fructis hairspray

DT: I just mix conditioner with honey and/or jojoba oil and use it under a microheat cap

Those are the products I use regularly. There's a whole slew of 'em that I use less regularly (PJ that I am).

My routine: Wash with shampoo (mine is sulfate-free) twice per week. I will also CO-wash once or twice per week. If I CO-wash, I can hold off shampooing for an extra day or two. Otherwise, I'd have to shampoo every other day to fend off the icky scalp feeling...but then that dries out the ends, particularly now that it is getting longer.

Condition everyday, and comb it through in the shower.

I then blot my hair with a microfiber and comb it through again with a very wide-tooth comb. Rake then scrunch product. I use a bit of leave-in almost everyday, with one or more of the other products on top (for cocktails, the amount of each individual product is reduced accordingly). Let hair air-dry until it's about 60% dry (may also include a plopping session if I'm so inclined). Dry the rest of the way with a diffuser. I might spritz a bit of hairspray on, especially to the roots if my crown looks flat.
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • stubbornirishhairstubbornirishhair Posts: 118Registered Users
    With the heat and humidity I've been washing 2x a week with Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Shampoo, and then conditioning with Suave Naturals lavendar. In between I rinse with water and condition.
    I haven't been bothering with styling products because its too hot to have hair at all, much less leave it down and styled. Its ponytails and sunhats for me!
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
    modified CG since 1/12/06
  • ChrematisaiChrematisai Posts: 85Registered Users
    Cleanser: L'Oreal Vive conditioner for fine, limp hair, and once a week or so, a cup of warm water mixed with a 1/4 cup baking soda to scrub the scalp

Conditioner: L'Oreal Vive conditioner for fine, limp hair - again :P (I'm thinking of trying it mixed with honey, as per many people's recommendations, but I haven't yet - too chicken)
    Leave In: A little bit of the above conditioner

Styling Products: Dippity do styling gel, maximum hold, and just today mixed with a drop or two of honey (doing some experimenting:D)

Deep Treatment: None really necessary as of yet - my hair is has such a gentle wave, that I never had to iron it to make it straight, so it was never really terribly damaged.

I'm definately a 2a - with a bit of encouragement, my hair will go straight or wavy, and if I don't touch it at all while it's drying, it's one big rat's nest.
    "A face without freckles is like a night without stars"

~Jenny
  • californiawavescaliforniawaves Posts: 55Registered Users
    These are fun threads!

I have 2c hair with some 3a curls at the temples...

Cleanser: John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo
    Conditioner: John Frieda Sheer Blonde conditioner
    Leave-In: None
    Styling Product(s): Matrix Color.Smart nourishing shine cream, Boots Curling Cream
    Deep Treatment: None

I am totally a product minimalist now (recovered PJ!). I shampoo/condition every 2-3 days, smooth through styling product and let air dry (usually air dry over night). :D
    2c with some 3a thrown in for fun!
  • blanclilablanclila Posts: 107Registered Users
    2b with short coarse DRY hair, gone cone-crazy this summer. :P

Cleansers: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2+1 or Degunkify or just a water-only wash
    Conds: HE Hello Hydration or Dangerously Straight (doesn't straighten, but moisturizes and softens)
    Leave-in: Sunsilk Anti-Poof 24/7 creme
    Styler: Fruit of the Earth aloe gel

I'm loving these new products. I actually get soft hair rather than coarse straw (which I got on my old vo5/suave routine even though it was mostly condition-only). Which cleanser I use depends on what I think I need at the time.

Rave: I use a big dollop of the Sunsilk creme on my short (varying 2-5 inch strands) hair. Like about a teaspoon. It works wonders on coarseness/dryness for me. It has mineral oil, petrolatum, several heavy cones, but it soaks right in and my hair LOVES it! The Hydra-TLC one works even better but I hate the scent of that one.

Routine: Wash/cond every other or every day (if every day I do more water-only washes; after I workout I need to rinse the salt/sweat out at least). Rake in the leave-in, then rake gel front to back on top and sort of fluff it into the sides and back, finger-style into a shape I like, and then air-dry. Finger-fluff after it's dry.
    wavy / coarse / thick
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Conditioner(s): DevaBrown OneC, Homemade OneC, Nexxus Humectress

How do you make a homemade OneC?
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    Here's the link:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=75244

I put peppermint oil in the No-Poo, and coconut oil in the One-C. I like it in the winter, but not the summer.
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    ooo fun fun!!! i'm a 2/3b wavie, although latley i have seen a few 3a's randomly in my hair

Cleanser(s): Ouidad Water Works Shampoo

Conditioner(s): Ouidad Balancing Rinse Conditioner, Sunsilk De-Frizz

Leave-In: I'm a leave in aholic. When wet- Frederic Fekkai Protein RX Reperative Spray. Mid day I use Charles Worthington Ultra Healthing Intensive Leave in Conditioner- it's soo glossy and makes my hair soft. 2nd day hair I use more fekkai + Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave in Creme. I also got this leave in stuff from sally's it's for double processed hair it came with 3 test tube thingies on a cardboard for $6 I forgot the name I used it once and the shine was astounding.

Styling Product(s): Sebastian Potion 9(this can count at a leave in too i think), Ouidad tress f/x, Sunsilk 24/7 creme (i rotate between defrizz, the pink bottle & anti poof) (these might count at leave ins too), Curls Souffle

Deep Treatment with heat: Ouidad <3 I do it every 2 weeks,

Hair Masques: Sunsilk Hydra TLC multi syntom hair mask, John Freida Sheer Blonde Blonde Hair Repair, Pantene Time Renewal Mask. I use one of these at least once a week, if not more all of which are mixed with oil, see below

Oils: (whether I mix with conditioner, use alone as a DT or as a final "glaze" over my styling products) Jojoba and Coconut. Sometimes sweet almond oil

Night Treatment: Frederic Fekkai Protein RX PM Hair Repair (pricey but worth it, it's saving my hair)

Products I want to try:
    I'm loving frederic fekkai right now. I really want to try their technician color care mask and their protein rx reparative treatment mask. They have a leave in conditioner called glossing cream I ran some through my hair at bath&Body works the other day and wow, I need to have this stuff. Lucious Curls Curl Enhancing Cream looks interesting, it got good reviews so that's on my wishlist also. I also want to try [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]curls milkshake[/buylink] and curl junkie banana and hibiscus leave in conditioner
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    yay funnn :D I love this game.

Cleanser(s): [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]devacurl no poo[/buylink] (Im not really liking it though)

Conditioner(s): v05 tea therapy, and suave naturals aloe vera

Leave-In: none, I dont really need a leave in, my hair gets enough moisture from my conditioners

Styling Product(s): herbal essences totally twisted and samy get curls re-enegergizing potion also occasionaly jojoba oil for shine and extra frizz control

Deep Treatment with heat: a misture of my condish and whatever oils I have at the moment

Oils: Jojoba, coconut, and extra virgin olive oil

Products I want to try:
    I would like to try activate hydrating condish and shampoo

2c/3a
    Growing out hair to a little above bsl
    pw: ringlets
  • bunniee23bunniee23 Posts: 228Registered Users
    Cleanser: Lamas soy hydrating shampoo
    Conditioners: I rotate between [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Devacurl One C[/buylink], Lamas soy balancing, and Biolage conditioning balm.
    Leave-in: L'anza magic bullet hair healer plus a few drops of jojoba oil.
    Styling product: Magick Botanicals gel or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets[/buylink].
    Deep treatment: any of my regular conditioners mixed with honey or molasses, and left to soak in for 30 minutes to an hour before rinsing. In cooler weather I use a heatcap, but it's too hot to think about that in August. :wink:
    Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
  • teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
    These are fun lists!!!! I'm almost embarassed by my cheapo list for my 2b hair, but here it is :)

Cleanser: I was using some really diluted suave for colored hair once a month or so but ran out. I'm actually in the proccess of finding something with no sulfates for next month's shampoo :)
    Conditioners: I CO every 2-3 days with either a VO5 or suave conditioner. My favorite is Suave Aloe Vera, which I usually dilute 1:1 with water.
    Leave-in: Aloe vera gel, sometimes a drop or two of coconut oil on my canopy
    Styling product: Currently I'm using suave aloe vera gel and I'm rather impressed with it for the price. I like the giovanni LA hold gel a lot but I'm generally too cheap to buy it.
    Deep treatment: Heavy coconut oiling (not that heavy I guess... 1/4 tsp total?) overnight. Usually rinses out with a CO.
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • KajikitKajikit Posts: 22Registered Users
    I still need to figure out what (if any) products I need besides conditioner... but I LOVE my suave conditioner - coconut smells good enough to eat, especially when you mix in honey for some extra 'oomph'. The lavender/lilac doesn't smell so good (it's very floral) but it makes my hair super-bouncy.
    ~Karen aka Kajikit
    long thick wavy hair, suave naturals coconut girl, looking for curl!
  • fraggleheadfragglehead Posts: 56Registered Users
    Ok this is fun! :D

My hair is a mix of 2c and 3a with some corkscrews thrown in for fun.

Cleanser ~ Elucence Moisture Benifits Shampoo (I only shampoo when my hair feels like it, about once every couple of weeks.)

Conditioners ~ Suave Naturals , Fresh Berry Smoothie, recently trying Activate Hydrating Conditioner.

Leave-In ~ Most times I just leave a bit of whatever condish I am using. I have used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]Elucence Moisture Balancing[/buylink] as well.

Styling Products ~ Got2b spiked up gel, or Back 2 Basics Curl Activating Gel (mostly Got2b *** LOVE THIS STUFF ***)

Deep Treatment ~ Jessicurl Deep Treatment or Suave with honey added.

To style I simply smooth product on all of my hair (being very careful to get enough product in the back (my curliest). Turn head upside down and scrunch with a T-shirt till most moisture is out of hair. No plopping. (hair hates it) :shock: Let air dry some and then diffuse for 5-10 minutes.
    2c/3a very thick!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Cleanser ~ Isoplus Conditioning Shampoo every week or so. Suave clarifying shampoo on rare occasion

Conditioners for Washing ~ VO5 Tea Therapy, Kiwi & Lime, Tangerine Tickle

Conditioners for Conditioning ~ VO 5 Free Me Freesia

Conditioners for Leave in ~ Tea Therapy

Styling Products ~ LA Looks Curl Look gel, La Bella Curl gel

Deep Treatment ~ Don't do them

ACV on occasion.

I'm between a 2c and a 3a so I move back and forth on those boards.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thought this could use a "bump" as I just saw the same type thread on the 3A board and it helps our newbies to see what we use :).

My "currently using" products:

Cleanser(s): Biosilk Smoothing Conditioner or Suave Clarifying if needed.

Conditioner(s): VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberries-n-Cream (sometimes mixed with honey).

Leave-In: Garnier Fructis Curl-n-Shine conditioner (not the leave-in cream).

Styling Product(s): Graham Webb Making Waves Gel (rapidly becoming my HG gel!), Herbal Essences Body Envy. Also trying to use up lots of other stuff, so I rotate.

Deep Treatment: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl Too Shea[/buylink]!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I'm transitioning away from SLS poo, my current (new) is Aveda Curl - use 3 to 4x weekly
    Condish - Ouidad Volumizing everyday
    Leave-in - Giavanni
    Stylers: Aveda Curl Enhancer, Aquage Defining Gel, plop for 15 min, then diffuse for 5-10 min, Finish with a spritz of Curls Rock hairspray for hold - need to find a way to work in a volumizer.
    DT - Use to use Ouidad's DT but didn't like it, would like to try Curl Junkie, any thoughts for a 2b/c,/3a potential with fine hair?
    2b/3a.
  • KimbrahKimbrah Posts: 1Registered Users
    I thought this was a neat idea so I wanted to post what I use. I am between a 2a and 2b and have very long hair, to the bottom of my rib cage.

Cleanser: Cavaliers Horse Mane and Tail Shampoo-although I have been having trouble finding it because you can only buy it at dollar stores, and mine doesn't carry it any more.

Conditioner: Trader Joe's Essential Herbal Conditioner

Detangler: Homemade with water, lavendar oil, and conditioner in a spray bottle.

I don't use any styling products in my hair, I don't mind the occasional frizzies, adds character!
  • JulieQJulieQ Posts: 46Registered Users
    I wanna play too! Im a 2a/b-ish and have been trying to be sulfate and silicone free for over 2 weeks now,

Cleasner: Devacare SacRED love No Poo 2 to 3 times a week or after I workout or ACV rinse (ive only done it once and dont know how often your suppose to do that?)

Conditioner: Devacare SacRED love One C, really does seem to make my hair more reddish

Leave-in: i dont have one, perhaps that is what my hair is lacking

Stylers: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG Re:coil[/buylink], [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Deva Angell[/buylink]

DT: never done it, probably should!!

My Routine: Either No-poo or just co wash daily, add [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], blot with curlease towel, plop for about 15 mins, add gel then either air dry or diffuse (i just bought it so im trying to get use to using it)

Not overly happy with the results to be perfectly honest. i just got it cut on saturday which seemed to help but the stylist didnt even see my hair dry, someone else washed it and combed it out and then she cut it, i dont know if ill go back.

if you notice where in my routine im going wrong let me know, my waves/curls are limp and kinda stringy by about 1 pm. i have some GW making waves gel, i think i will try it tomorrow, its been awhile since i used it.
    Thick Strawberry Blonde - Some Sort of 2...
    Modified CG Routine Since 4/07, Using: MOP C Re:Coil, Angell, GW Gel (for the moment)
  • wavyjwavyj Posts: 25Registered Users
    Hi all! I'd say I'm a mix of 2a/b/3a, depending on weather and products and all. My hair is getting close to bsl. Here's what I'm using now:

Cleanser: Nature's Gate Jojoba shampoo (once a week or less); suave natural condishes for co-washing
    Condish: Suave naturals coconut or lavender lilac
    Leave-in: Mixed Chicks
    Stylers: recoil, Aussie Aussome Volume texturizing gel, Aussie Aussome Volume spray gel

I'm finding I need really strong hold gels to help form my waves. Any suggestions from you ladies?? :)
    2a/b/3a
    Currently loving the Aussie Aussome Volume line and re:coil!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Thanks LC! :) I've tried Body Envy and it didn't work too well for me...however, since then I've gotten a couple of inches taken off my hair, so I might dig it out from under the bathroom sink and give it a go again. I haven't tried any of the others you mentioned, though, so thanks for the ideas!

About the Jessicurl products: have you tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gelebration-Spray-p-101.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gelebration-spray]Gelebration[/buylink] in your styling routine? I'm asking because my stylist used JC products when I got my hair cut, and of course it looked great (no doubt mostly due to her skill!). Anyway, I loved it so much that I bought the JC Light trial pack with GLS, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink], Too Shea, Gelebration, AIS and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]CCSS[/buylink]. Although I still LOVE the cleanser and conditioners, I've found that the styling products don't seem to work at all for me - they made my hair really soft, straight and flat! But I'm wondering if maybe the "Light" products aren't so good for me and maybe I'd do better with the richer/stronger ones?
    2a/b/3a
    wavyj - I have fine/thin hair but have found that the richer stuff works for me with the exception of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink]. I haven't tried the Gelebration .. well .. as I type I did have a trial size waaaay back when I had tried a sample pack. I am on my third try with it and .. it just doesn't work with my hair. I originally didn't like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]CCSS[/buylink] and even swapped away my first bottle of it. But I gave it another go and now I love it, especially when I put a little [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] underneath it. Play around with them - try the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gelebration-Spray-p-101.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gelebration-spray]Gelebration[/buylink] and not the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]CCSS[/buylink] and vice versa.

Yeah, drag out the products to use again from time to time. Sometimes things work (or not) depending on the weather or how you hold your mouth that day :lol:. Alot of us find that what works when it's cool doesn't when it's warm and vice versa.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Isn't that the truth! :) Thanks LC.
    2a/b/3a
  • VanedaVaneda Posts: 402Registered Users
    Here is my current routine and it is working great for the most part:

Cleanser: Pureology Hydrating shampoo (no sulfate), Jessicurl, or Elucence...and I have a bottle of Purology Nanoworks I break out for special occasions :) Will use a true sulfate shampoo maybe once every other week. I do shampoo and condition daily.

Conditioner: Pureology (both Hydrating and Nanoworks), [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl Too Shea[/buylink], or Elucence

Leave In: None! They all make my hair way too soft and limp.

Deep conditioner: Only need to deep condition occasionally, and use Ouidad when I do.

Styling products: Currently loving Recoil or Jessicurl RR, B&A gel, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] (when humid and hot out), and Ouidad Climate Control (when humid or rainy out). Also use Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine as a finishing spray as needed.
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

• meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    My hair is a different class of 2 depending on what method of classifications you go by.
    It's fine, thin (but thickening back up a tad... slowly), generally in good shape, with no real damage to speak of and somewhat dry ends and occasionally cranky scalp.
    I seek maintainence of moisture, scalp care, extra moisture on the ends, shine, curl definition and enhancement and VOLUME.

Cleanser(s): COwash: American Crew Daily conditioner LowPoos: Giovanni 50/50, Neutrogena T-Sal
    Conditioner(s): Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Co, Giovanni 50/50, Giovanni Tea Tree, Activate
    Leave-In: Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Co.
    Styling Product(s): L'oreal Tightly Wound gel
    Deep Treatment: Jojoba and Rosemary oils and Sweet Almond oil, coconut milk, just picked up some generic 3MM but haven't tried it yet
    Clarifying: ACV

I COwash unless I'm feeling particular flat or dirty or my scalp needs the salicylic acid for breakouts, Use the conditioner that coincides with the amount of moisture I need that particular day and finger comb to detangle, and rinse all of the co out.
    Then I scrunch out some of the water, flip, scrunch in a little co, scrunch in a good sized blob of gel, plop, unplop upsede down and scrunch out a tad more water with the end of my polpping towel. Last I spray a little gel in my hands and use my gelled fingers to gently lift the front of my hair a tad at the roots and I reposition any wayward curls/waves that are trying to stick out (usually there's one on either side toward the front :P) and air dry.
    To DT I start with wet hair, piu it behind my ears then into low pigtails, apply jojoba/rosemary mix from ears down, braid each side, put almond oil on the ends, and take out the original pigtail holders. Then I leave it overnight and as much of the next day as I'm able to so it all soaks in really well.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file