New online store selling Made in UK CG products

chenajchenaj Registered Users Posts: 352
Hi All,
I am new to this forum thing! I have been reading the posts for a while now and decided to sign up today to reply to one of them....then decided to try and post messages on other threads....then it occured to me that it was just crazy to try and share my new disocvery on a "thread by thread" basis, so i have just decided to start a new topic!!!!!!

Ok, so my new discovery is.....a great online store selling Made in UK CG products ( they have some american stuff too like AO)! Its called Ironsun Oragnics.

http://ironsunorganics.co.uk

I found it in one of my random, late night searches! They have a nice selection of chemical free CG products/brands - i never realised that we had so much choice in the UK.

Plan to buy the hair milk and/or the deep hair repair. Will let you know about my shopping experince, delivery, service, product performance etc in my next post!

Right, i have written this message 4 times now on this swapboard!

Phew!

If anyone buys something from them before i do, pls share experince with all!

Laters,
Chenaj
hair type - definately 4a

wash - any baby shampoo

conditioning styler - homemade blend with shea, coconut, avocado mango, plam, castor, almond and essential oils

Hair pics http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=84285

Comments

• Crystal TipsCrystal Tips Registered Users Posts: 240 Curl Neophyte
    chenaj wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I am new to this forum thing! I have been reading the posts for a while now and decided to sign up today to reply to one of them....then decided to try and post messages on other threads....then it occured to me that it was just crazy to try and share my new disocvery on a "thread by thread" basis, so i have just decided to start a new topic!!!!!!

Ok, so my new discovery is.....a great online store selling Made in UK CG products ( they have some american stuff too like AO)! Its called Ironsun Oragnics.

http://ironsunorganics.co.uk

I found it in one of my random, late night searches! They have a nice selection of chemical free CG products/brands - i never realised that we had so much choice in the UK.

Plan to buy the hair milk and/or the deep hair repair. Will let you know about my shopping experince, delivery, service, product performance etc in my next post!

Right, i have written this message 4 times now on this swapboard!

Phew!

If anyone buys something from them before i do, pls share experince with all!

Laters,
    Chenaj

Hi Chenaj

Thanks for posting up that website - will check it out! Always great to hear about UK sites/products/distributors :blob5:
    UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
    Currently in my rotation:
    Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
    Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
    Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
    Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
    Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Registered Users Posts: 860
    Thanks for that - It's always great to find another uk website selling great stuff.icon7.gif
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • chenajchenaj Registered Users Posts: 352
    Hi Crystal Tips and CurlyMich,

Glad to be able to share good news!

So, as promised, I am posting my IronSun Organics experince.

It was not easy to choose my products casue i did not know any of the brands i was interested in trying out. So in the end i bought some AOHR conditioner just in case, but also got the deep hair repair (made on the isle of Syke in Scotland), the gingko bergamont shampoo, the moringna hair pomade, the leave-in condish + hair milk and the 3 in 1 hair oil.

It all cost me a pretty penny, but let me just say that my hair is loving everything!!!!! (thank goodness or i would be well vex!)

Deep Hair Repair - very very nice! Its a pre shampoo deep condish, but i also used it as a mosituriser. Even though it has aloe vera in it which my hair hates at the mo, it did an amazing job for smoothing my dry ends and gave my hair this incedible slip and shine. Love this stuff. A bit expensive for only 30ml, but i sent the owner an e-mail asking if they could get a larger size. Lets see what she says.

Gingko Bergamont Shampoo - Yum, yum, yum is all i can say!!!!!!!!!!! My hair has never ben so super soft and moisturised after a shampoo. My curls prefer this to AOHR shampoo. Smells beautiful too! A keeper.

moringna hair pomade - used this after AOHR condish. Great for sealing in moisture and detagnling. Defined my kinky curls nicely. Smells like chocolate! this should last me a good month, cause u dont need to use that much.

leave in condish and hair milk - Tired these yesterday. Leave in condish, does a great job with my curls, fab on my dry ends and reduced my 50% shrinkage to about 30% shrinkage, but i am really sensitive to strong smells and could not handle this one at all. Had to wash it out casue was getting a headache; but gave it to my sis and she loves it, has been using it every day. Hair milk is better for me smell wise, does not really reduce shrinkage that much and i had to use loads of it casue my hair is so thick - dont know how long it will last, but i really like it so will be getting some more.

3 in 1 hair oil Tried this today. Decided to use it to add sheen to my hair, way too expensive to use as a treatment on my super thick hair, it would only be good for a few applications! That said my hair loved it, soaked it right up it was super soft and super shiney!

They also have this interesting product called Beach Cream which is a moisturiser for hair, face and body. Unfortunately, I'm not going anywhere near a beach this summer, so i could not justify buying this one!!! But from the ingredients sounds like it could do a good job.

All products are made in the UK. Oh, BTW good customer service and quick delivery!

Cheers!
    Olayinka

3c, 4a, 2c underneath, dry ends, medium porosity, fine textured.

wash - any baby shampoo

conditioning styler - homemade blend with shea, coconut, avocado mango, plam, castor, almond and essential oils

Hi Crystal Tips and CurlyMich,

Glad to be able to share good news!

So, as promised, I am posting my IronSun Organics experince.

It was not easy to choose my products casue i did not know any of the brands i was interested in trying out. So in the end i bought some AOHR conditioner just in case, but also got the deep hair repair (made on the isle of Syke in Scotland), the gingko bergamont shampoo, the moringna hair pomade, the leave-in condish + hair milk and the 3 in 1 hair oil.

It all cost me a pretty penny, but let me just say that my hair is loving everything!!!!! (thank goodness or i would be well vex!)

Deep Hair Repair - very very nice! Its a pre shampoo deep condish, but i also used it as a mosituriser. Even though it has aloe vera in it which my hair hates at the mo, it did an amazing job for smoothing my dry ends and gave my hair this incedible slip and shine. Love this stuff. A bit expensive for only 30ml, but i sent the owner an e-mail asking if they could get a larger size. Lets see what she says.

Gingko Bergamont Shampoo - Yum, yum, yum is all i can say!!!!!!!!!!! My hair has never ben so super soft and moisturised after a shampoo. My curls prefer this to AOHR shampoo. Smells beautiful too! A keeper.

moringna hair pomade - used this after AOHR condish. Great for sealing in moisture and detagnling. Defined my kinky curls nicely. Smells like chocolate! this should last me a good month, cause u dont need to use that much.

leave in condish and hair milk - Tired these yesterday. Leave in condish, does a great job with my curls, fab on my dry ends and reduced my 50% shrinkage to about 30% shrinkage, but i am really sensitive to strong smells and could not handle this one at all. Had to wash it out casue was getting a headache; but gave it to my sis and she loves it, has been using it every day. Hair milk is better for me smell wise, does not really reduce shrinkage that much and i had to use loads of it casue my hair is so thick - dont know how long it will last, but i really like it so will be getting some more.

3 in 1 hair oil Tried this today. Decided to use it to add sheen to my hair, way too expensive to use as a treatment on my super thick hair, it would only be good for a few applications! That said my hair loved it, soaked it right up it was super soft and super shiney!

They also have this interesting product called Beach Cream which is a moisturiser for hair, face and body. Unfortunately, I'm not going anywhere near a beach this summer, so i could not justify buying this one!!! But from the ingredients sounds like it could do a good job.

All products are made in the UK. Oh, BTW good customer service and quick delivery!

Cheers!
    Olayinka

3c, 4a, 2c underneath, dry ends, medium porosity, fine textured.

Hi Chenaj

Thanks so much for reporting back on the products from Ironsun Organics. I've just re-visited their site to have a look around. I wasn't able to pull up a full ingredients list for each product - I am looking for protein free stuff for my course hair. I've emailed them for the info. Will report back for all the curlies interested in protein free stuff. :cheese:
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
    Thanks for the details - I'm going to have a closer look now at the website! You've brought out the PJ in me!
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

Hi CurlyMich,
    I am totally feeling the PJ vibe! That's exactly what happned to me when i went on the site. I saw in another thread that you had bought a product from Pretty Curls? What did you get and did your hair like it?

Chenaj

wash - any baby shampoo

Hi
    I got the coconut souffle! It smells wonderful. For my hair I found it too heavy (my hair is quite fine tho there is lots of it) however I use it on my skin.
    Their prices are great and service is good. If you have heavier coarser hair its worth a shot icon7.gif
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

Chenaj

Got an email back from the lovely lady at Ironsun, Olayinka. She has now put the low and no protein products in a separate category and all the ingredients are listed! How cool is that! After all her efforts, I will def have to try something from her range - :happy3:
    Oh wow, that is really nice of her, that's what i call customer service :thumbright:!

I also got an e-mail recently from Ironsun saying she is expecting some new AO products in her shop soon(she has a lot of AO products, so i'm curious to see what else she will stock that is CG friendly) and a UK brand called Natural Curls. Has anyone heard of or used Natural Curls products before?

CurlyMich, checked out the Pretty Curls website, i am sooooooooooo tempted to buy something.....but i must be disciplined! Just spent a small fortune at Ironsun! I wonder if Pretty curls do samples?

Over and out
    Chenaj

wash - any baby shampoo

Oh wow, that is really nice of her, that's what i call customer service :thumbright:!

I also got an e-mail recently from Ironsun saying she is expecting some new AO products in her shop soon(she has a lot of AO products, so i'm curious to see what else she will stock that is CG friendly) and a UK brand called Natural Curls. Has anyone heard of or used Natural Curls products before?

CurlyMich, checked out the Pretty Curls website, i am sooooooooooo tempted to buy something.....but i must be disciplined! Just spent a small fortune at Ironsun! I wonder if Pretty curls do samples?

Over and out
    Chenaj

I don't know Chena but it may be worth emailing to ask?
    Tell me about spending a fortune! I am stopping it now!! - I can't give each product a fair chance as I have so many new ones and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!icon7.gif
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

Tell me about spending a fortune! I am stopping it now!! - I can't give each product a fair chance as I have so many new ones and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!icon7.gif

OMG I know what you mean! I have so much stuff I haven't even tried yet and I just ordered more from British Curlies! Someone needs to reign me in! LOL :shaking2:

I also got an e-mail recently from Ironsun saying she is expecting some new AO products in her shop soon

I know - fanstastic service! We're so used to shoddy service in the UK it was a fab surprise! :sunny:

Ooh, I wonder what the AO products will be? I've been trying to get hold of the White Camellia conditioner but they don't supply it to UK - hopefully that will change in the future.

I also got an e-mail recently from Ironsun saying she is expecting some new AO products in her shop soon

I know - fanstastic service! We're so used to shoddy service in the UK it was a fab surprise! :sunny:

Ooh, I wonder what the AO products will be? I've been trying to get hold of the White Camellia conditioner but they don't supply it to UK - hopefully that will change in the future.

I'm putting the reins on you!:blob2:
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

I'm putting the reins on you!:blob2:

LOL - Have just bought, yet another bloody conditioner - AO GPB. My hair has gone very frizzy these last few days - and so am trying some protein today. Even though I've only been CG a couple of weeks now, I have been avoiding protein for about a month and am wondering if that could be the reason. I thought I'd start with avoiding protein (based on the self assessment of my hair as coarse ish) and see how it goes. I'm thinking I may need some as I just looked up the ingredients on the non CG products I was using before and they were all LOADED with protein so am presuming my hair must be OK with it.

We shall see! Have spent a small fortune already :shock:
    LOL - Have just bought, yet another bloody conditioner - AO GPB. My hair has gone very frizzy these last few days - and so am trying some protein today. Even though I've only been CG a couple of weeks now, I have been avoiding protein for about a month and am wondering if that could be the reason. I thought I'd start with avoiding protein (based on the self assessment of my hair as coarse ish) and see how it goes. I'm thinking I may need some as I just looked up the ingredients on the non CG products I was using before and they were all LOADED with protein so am presuming my hair must be OK with it.

We shall see! Have spent a small fortune already :shock:[/quote]

I know what you mean - I want to stop buying things! I can't property try the stuff I have already bought. I don't think I'm giving things a chance. I'm going to persevere with the KCCC to try and get the application right - its too expensive to just give up the ghost on it after a couple of tries. I also keep buying conditioner for some reason - I have had no probs with the ones I have but - does this stop me no! I'm drawing a line now tho and not buying any more this month. I have 2 things due to arrive - the KCKT stuff to use with the KCCC and blended beauty curly fizzy pudding (or something like that!) and then that's it! I'm also making my own FSG incorporating herbs etc so have the fridge full of various combinations of these - my kids think I have lost the plot! (I may be asking you to try out the gel as a tester if you wouldn't mind doing that - but will PM you about it when the time comes if you're ok with it).
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

I'm also making my own FSG incorporating herbs etc so have the fridge full of various combinations of these - my kids think I have lost the plot! (I may be asking you to try out the gel as a tester if you wouldn't mind doing that - but will PM you about it when the time comes if you're ok with it).

Would be delighted to try out your FSG! :blob5:

I had thought I might have a go at this myself when I saw the linseeds in Whole Foods, Kensington (buying more bloody products - lol) But then I noticed they had more than one type!! They had golden linseeds, brown linseeds and another one which was even darker. The chap in the store didn't know the difference between them (if indeed there is a difference). Which do you use?
    golden!
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

• aeroheadaerohead Registered Users Posts: 179 Curl Connoisseur
    [quote=curlyhairmichuk
    I'm also making my own FSG incorporating herbs etc so have the fridge full of various combinations of these - my kids think I have lost the plot! (I may be asking you to try out the gel as a tester if you wouldn't mind doing that[/quote]

I would be up for that mich, if you would like another tester aswell!!:tweety:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thick, 2C with little 3A's thrown in to make my hair look a little more wild.FIA:2c/3a-M
    Last Haircut:17/1/07
    Ultimate Goal: To go as long as possible
    Products Used:coconut cowash, tescos own gel citrus spice whipped butter
    Hair Length:BSL
    NEW PHOTOS ADDED: 20th August'09
    http://public.fotki.com/aerohead/
    Ok good! will pm you when organised to do it - thanks! - forgot to say looked at your pics - your hair looks amazing today!!!
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

• aeroheadaerohead Registered Users Posts: 179 Curl Connoisseur
    aw thank you!!!
    Think i will stick with this shea stuff!!
    I think your hair could be similar to mine...:happy4: from what i see of your hair it looks lovely too..and shiney!! thats what i strive for..SHINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thick, 2C with little 3A's thrown in to make my hair look a little more wild.FIA:2c/3a-M
    Last Haircut:17/1/07
    Ultimate Goal: To go as long as possible
    Products Used:coconut cowash, tescos own gel citrus spice whipped butter
    Hair Length:BSL
    NEW PHOTOS ADDED: 20th August'09
    http://public.fotki.com/aerohead/
    golden!

Marvellous, thanks :thumbright:

OMG I know what you mean! I have so much stuff I haven't even tried yet and I just ordered more from British Curlies! Someone needs to reign me in! LOL :shaking2:

Hey Crystal Tips,

I've been toying with the idea of buying from British Curlies....don't you find they are a bit expensive? For example their AOHR shampoo and condish are the most expensive online right now - Ironsun has the best price for AOHR follwed by Aubrey Organics UK.

I also think the KCCC is just madly expensive at BC. I have a friend who bought the 16oz tub from Canada for £20, including postage and it arrived in 3 days.

What did you get from BC?

wash - any baby shampoo

Hey Crystal Tips,

I've been toying with the idea of buying from British Curlies....don't you find they are a bit expensive? For example their AOHR shampoo and condish are the most expensive online right now - Ironsun has the best price for AOHR follwed by Aubrey Organics UK.

I also think the KCCC is just madly expensive at BC. I have a friend who bought the 16oz tub from Canada for £20, including postage and it arrived in 3 days.

Hi Chenaj

There is no doubt we pay a premium for stuff here in the UK! Companies know this and obviously capitalise on it!

I've paid between £8.99 (Winton Health Foods and a hair salon in Morleys department store, Brixton) and £9.99 (Essentials Pharmacy in Drury Lane, London) for AOHR and AOGPB. I haven't ordered these items online as I can get them easily in stores.

The KCCC is expensive at British Curlies - but I don't know of any other outlet in the UK that sells it. I suppose the main reason I ordered this item from British Curlies is that I want to support British companies. The rationale being that the more we use British companies, the more they will be able to order - thus they should get a better price and, the theory is, they should then be able to pass some of the saving onto the customer in the future.. That's the theory anyway, obviously some don't pass on the saving. Also, the bigger the company gets - hopefully, the better as they may get a greater variety of products in the future. Another plus - it is easier to deal with a company in your own country (should you need to) than overseas. But, I agree with you on the prices - they are high.

So far, I've ordered and received the KCCC and CJCCC from British Curlies and the service so far has been excellent. I have KCKT, CJCR and a curl-ease towel on order. I have to curb my enthusiasm for new CG products! LOL :toothy4:

Whereabouts are you in the UK? Can you buy AO locally?
    Hey Crystal Tips,
    Yes, i see your point about buying British - that is also my reason for shopping at Ironsun, they have mostly British brands. Its true to say that they don't have any of the Amrican stuff except for AO and Suki, but i think our homegrown products work just as well!

I live in East London, but my local health food shop does not sell AOHR, actually, now that i think of it, they don't sell AO at all bizzarly. I could go to the Stratford mall where they have some AO products, but i don't like shopping there, so shopping online works best for me!

Sounds like your CG product arsenal is getting bigger! You need to help me on the acronyms though, the only one i know is KCCC!

Best,

Chena.j

wash - any baby shampoo

Sounds like your CG product arsenal is getting bigger! You need to help me on the acronyms though, the only one i know is KCCC!

Best,

Chena.j

CJCCC - Curl Junkie Cofee-coco creme
    CJCR - Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
    KCKT - Kinky Curly Knot Today

What's your routine and product combo?

:sunny:

Best,

Chena.j

CJCCC - Curl Junkie Cofee-coco creme
    CJCR - Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
    KCKT - Kinky Curly Knot Today

What's your routine and product combo?

:sunny:

How do i make this info into a signature?

Here is my routine and product combo:
    hair type - 3c/4a, 2c underneath: kinky curls, coils, riglets and waves with dry ends
    pre-cleanse deep condish - own blend rhassoul mix, Live Native Deep Hair Repair
    no poo, co wash once a month - AO HR, Faith in Nature Seaweed Conditioner
    low poo once a month - any creamy organic shampoo that takes my fancy at the time!
    seal in moisture - tamanu oil (my hair loves this oil, expensive but fabulous,fabulos, fabulous)
    moisturise - right now - Cioccolatina Morigna, hair pommade, Natural Curls leave -in moisture cream
    dry ends - my own honeyoil blend or Curl Harmony Leave -in condish
    style - Pink Boots, Kinks n' Curls Curly Water, Curl Harmony Hair Milk
    Shine - Suki 3 in 1 hair oil

wash - any baby shampoo

How do i make this info into a signature?

Here is my routine and product combo:
    hair type - 3c/4a, 2c underneath: kinky curls, coils, riglets and waves with dry ends
    pre-cleanse deep condish - own blend rhassoul mix, Live Native Deep Hair Repair
    no poo, co wash once a month - AO HR, Faith in Nature Seaweed Conditioner
    low poo once a month - any creamy organic shampoo that takes my fancy at the time!
    seal in moisture - tamanu oil (my hair loves this oil, expensive but fabulous,fabulos, fabulous)
    moisturise - right now - Cioccolatina Morigna, hair pommade, Natural Curls leave -in moisture cream
    dry ends - my own honeyoil blend or Curl Harmony Leave -in condish
    style - Pink Boots, Kinks n' Curls Curly Water, Curl Harmony Hair Milk
    Shine - Suki 3 in 1 hair oil

Click on 'User CP' - located top left. Then select 'edit signature - type in the info and then save it :toothy4:
    TA!

wash - any baby shampoo

• AikaAika Registered Users Posts: 35
    Hey Crystal Tips,
    I don’t think it’s that expensive really – the only other place in Europe that sells it is Mariposa in Holland and they charge 40 € for it! (that’s about 34.5 £)
    I'm sad to hear about Curl Harmony, I really liked their products and the price was very reasonable.
  • zenallazenalla Registered Users Posts: 159
    Hi Chanaj,

Do you know the name of this Canadian webshop that sells KCCC for £20?
    Thanks

Hey Crystal Tips,

3B-A, colored, med texture-density, High porosity

DT: AOHRS - CJHBDF - Mixed Chicks
    Loo-Poo 2/week: Eluence volume,YTT-YTC poo, Co-wash 2/week: Suave Tropical - V05 Strawberries (water wash the rest)
    Conditioner: Mop Top, Toe Shea, AOHRS, AOGBP
    Leave-in:KCKT , Darcy Peach Kernel, Aloeba,YTT/YTC co,Christine Grant LI
    Stylers: KCCC, CJ CCC, DMMC, Mixed Chiks, BB Jellie Creme, HESMU, Mop Top gel, HPO curling pudding

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/zenalla1/ (updated in June 2010)
    PW: mixedcurly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file