I need some advice

HappyInHoopsHappyInHoops Posts: 27Registered Users
My hair is thin and fine at the top and is thicker/fuller everywhere else. I'm having a problem styling the top. If I use the clips on top they give me lift but after it dries, it leaves spaces where my scalp is exposed. I hate that. I am now trying my diffuser which might help with fullness on top but I can't control how my hair dries using this method. If I bend upside down and diffuse I get bouncy larger curls but my hair gets full all over and I really only need it fuller on top. Plus, it looks kind of messy on top with my waves/curls going in every direction. help me please with any of your drying and/or diffusing tips for thin flat tops like myself. Also, will diffusing dry my hair out if I use it on low/cool settings?
Thanks!
I'm a Wavicelli
2B & 2C/some 3A
Started CG 6/28/06, relapsed, started again on 8/12/06

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Honestly it soulds like your cut isn't working for you.

I have THICK hair so I can't help you with that other than to say that top side flatness tends to be a common wavey problem. I am having pyramid head when I leave it curly so I'm pretty sure it's time to rethink my layers. I NEED them to keep from looking like something Egyptian, but my top is flatter then normal so it's time to spread them out a bit. Face hugging and poofy at the bottom is just not my look! LOL! When was your last cut?
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • HappyInHoopsHappyInHoops Posts: 27Registered Users
    Hi HeatherDawn,
    You might be right. I have always had my hair cut wet and for straight hair. When I dried it straight I had long bangs and shoulder length hair. I'm dying to get it cut correctly. I've just recently let it go natural and I have never had a dry cut meant for wavy hair. I'm trying to grow out my bangs and overall length so I was waiting til it got a little longer before I put the money towards a good cut by a devachan trained pro. I may have to get something done sooner than I wanted to so I don't go crazy. I like to have it long enough to pull back for my (numerous) bad hair days. THanks for replying. Do you ever diffuse your hair? Are there certain techniques that are helpful?
    I'm a Wavicelli
    2B & 2C/some 3A
    Diffusing saved my hair from the big chop! LOL! I went out and got a $20 hair drier (Revlon I think, at my hair dresser's suggestion) that came with the diffuser attachment because it was cheaper than buying just the attachment - go figure. Anyway, I wash, condition, gel, then wait for it to be just damp (about two hours for my thick hair) then I diffuse using a methode I found on here. (I think it was pixiecurls'? Sorry I can't remember where!) Start with the drier OFF. Put your hair on the diffuser and bring it up to your head making sure you get the same hair from bottom to top. Once the diffuser is touching you scalp, turn it on. I leave it there until the hair is, like, 95% dry and move on the the next section. Mind you I have ALOT of hair so I only do this twice a week. LOL! Then once it's all done I flip and give it about three last blasts to pop the top a bit. That is it. I don't have the best hair on here, but I have found that if I get to "perfectionist" on my hair I NEVER have a good hair day. I'll give up! Too much work! LOL!

A good cut will work wonders. I just did an oil treatment, but I know that Friday's trim will make my hair 100% better - humidity or no. My hair dresser has the SAME hair that I do, but she keeps it in a cute long bob (strait of course - sigh) for advertising purposes. I'm working on her. LOL! She is a fan of what CG has done for my hair.
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • HappyInHoopsHappyInHoops Posts: 27Registered Users
    Thanks HeatherDawn! I tried diffusing today and my curls seemed to have alot more hold than when I just air dry alone and the curls were more uniform from top to bottom instead of being bottom heavy. I tried the pixiecurls method but instead of letting it dry first, I did the opposite. I diffused when it was wet on a low cool setting (sometimes upside down) and let it air dry after the curls were starting to form. I felt like a contortionist bending every which way while I was diffusing! LOL! After it dried completely I scrunched out the crunch of the Angell and misted the curls with a little set it free and scrunched again. I hope it works a second time for me but who knows... I was overdue for a good hair day.
    I'm a Wavicelli
    2B & 2C/some 3A
  • missy60missy60 Posts: 351Registered Users
    I have the same problem you did but when I use the pixie curl method I get really funky curls at the the top of my head sort of bendie looking. The bottom looks good except in the back where my longest layer is it sort of poofs out a little. Im just not as good at the curly thing but I guess I will get use to it and find a routine soon I hope
    HappyinHoops - Horray! I'm glad it helped some! I sure hope you will have some really good hair days soon!

Missy60 - It took me several months to get the CG thing down and for it to look good on a regular baisis. Of course I am still a big Tomboy so it is hard for me to spend any time "primping" my hair - LOL! Hang in there. We all just have to find our groove.
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file