Humidity!

HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
Oh girls! I am just freakin out about my frizz! I am more than a little frizzy right now. It is 100* outside and nearly 40% humidity (Whoops that was a typo! It's 80% humidity! LOL!). It's like living in a sauna. Problem is that my gel just can't handle this weather! I have zero definition and have resorted to TRYING to straiten this mess out, but that isn't working either.

Any suggestions for a humidity friendly gel or how to survive the last 8 weeks of HOT southern summer? Right now I am putting it in a bun - LOL! I will add a couple new pictures of my length too... I'm scheduled for a trim on Friday, but might chop it off again instead if something doesn't change!
HeatherDawn
2C/3A

Comments

• fraggleheadfragglehead Posts: 56Registered Users
    Hi, I am not sure if I can help you or not but here goes. We have been having high temps and humidity lately. Today it was close to 90 with a humidity of 68.9%. What has helped me is to leave in a lot of condish and apply Got2b Spiked up Gel. NOTHING has worked like this stuff. This gel does have a crunch factor but you can scrunch that out. My curls have held up with this gel and no frizz. Hang in there, I know how you feel. You will find something to work. :)
    2c/3a very thick!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown
  • futurehopefuturehope Posts: 40Registered Users
    I do the same, only with different products.

I use a leave-in conditioner (Kiehls right now) and LA Looks Mega Hold Gel in the Yellow Tube.

Everything holds up pretty well!!

2B/3A Fine strands with lots of hair!!
    2B/2C - Fine - II / Modified CG / No Oil Routine
    Color Treated - Shoulder Length, Layered, Poofy & Frizzy
    Certified PJ because I am still looking for something that works!!!!!
    Love CJ Deep Fix & Suave Coconut Condish
  • futurehopefuturehope Posts: 40Registered Users
    Sorry, double post.
    2B/2C - Fine - II / Modified CG / No Oil Routine
    Color Treated - Shoulder Length, Layered, Poofy & Frizzy
    Certified PJ because I am still looking for something that works!!!!!
    Love CJ Deep Fix & Suave Coconut Condish
  • charolastra00charolastra00 Posts: 24Registered Users
    I chopped off about 5 inches today. :p Kind of had to though as I won't be getting another haircut for about 6 months, but I certainly don't mind with this gross GA weather.

Mousse seems to work well with me, although most people say it doesn't hold up well in humidity. I have really thick hair both in terms of amount of hair and size, and my cheapo drug store mousse held up in Miami last summer during a hurricane!

Leave in conditioner makes me look like I haven't showered in a year AND have crazy electrocuted frizz so I won't touch the stuff.
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Thank you thank you thank you! I got to thinking about it and I have been straitening and not doing anything to make up for the lost moisture so it was like my hair was reaching (up and out!) for that humidity! LOL!

I did an oil treatment (added some pictures) and you can see it made a huge difference. Now I am waiting to see what happens when I got out. Rained for the first time in a week today. The humidity is - just - bleh. LOL! I think I do need to try a few more things before I give up!

Thanks again!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file