starting tomorow

curlsRmecurlsRme Posts: 32Registered Users
Im going to start this tomorrow and I am wondering if my Garnier Fructis Curls and shine conditioner will do the trick. And also what would be a good gel for me. I have coarse 3b hair.

Comments

• CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users
    Unfortunately that conditioner has anodimethicone, which is of course a silicone, so if you're trying to go completely CG the Garnier won't work. When looking for a conditioner just make sure you read the label carefully for 'cones, and ask questions here if need be. The Suave Naturals line is easy to find in drugstores and cheap - just pick the one you want! (You can also try the VO5 line - I've never been able to find it in stores, but it's probably different depending on where you live.) And avoid conditioners with lots of protein (wheat and silk proteins, for example) since your hair is coarse.

In terms of gels I always recommend the Herbal Essences line, most especially Set Me Up, but I'm not 3b so I don't know exactly. You may just have to experiment a little until you find one that suits you.
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file