3b's washing rutine

KasuAKasuA Posts: 3Registered Users
Im a 3b/3b curly and I dont know how I should wash my hair. I have a shampoo-bar that I wanted to wash my hair with once a week. But then what about the other days, should I CO-wash there or just rinse my hair with water and style?

I would like to hear how you 3b's wash your hair during a week.

It feels so confusing :-|:-| I dont know if I should stop using the shampoo bar and stick with the co-washing or if both is possible..

Comments

• wookiemousewookiemouse Posts: 295Registered Users
    Give it a try and see how your hair reacts. For me, it's very product-dependent. If I use something lighter - like just a leave-in and FSG - then I could get away with washing once every 1-2 weeks and co-washing the rest of the time. If I go heavier with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and BRHG, my hair tends to feel gunkier and I'll wash maybe 2x a week (I use the GD 50:50 Clarifying). If I go any longer, it gets stringier. If I wash too often, it gets fluffy. So it's really a matter of trial and error, what's right for your hair.

Stacy
    3a/some b, med/high porosity, med texture

My current HGs:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, VO5 Strawberries & Cream
    Conditioner: Deva OneC
    Leave-in: Shea M, Deva B'Leave In
    Cremes: CIAB, pink Boots
    Gels: BRHG

CG since 2/07 and loving it!
  • CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Posts: 295Registered Users
    I just cowash with suave naturals
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/
  • KasuAKasuA Posts: 3Registered Users
    The problem is that I really dont know how do see or know if my hair reacts bad or good on it. Embarrassing.
  • lotoloto Posts: 133Registered Users
    It's a matter of trial and error.

Try different products in a variety of combinations and see what's best for you. Does you hair feel gunky? Dry? Is it frizzy? Dull? That's how you determine what works and what doesn't!
    3A: med/coarse texture; high porosity
    <3 Honey rinses
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    I cowash every 3rd day and only use low poo if I've gotten something in my hair (motor oil, etc.)
  • kola626kola626 Posts: 117Registered Users
    Shampoo - once a week with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl NoPoo[/buylink] (following Deep conditioning)

Cowash - once a week in the middle of the week, usually 3 days after I deep condish.
    HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
    Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
    Condish: Suave Color Care
    Condish Method: HEHH
    DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
    My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!:wav:
    Love head massages

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file