New Devachan Salon in White Plains, NY

CurlyBrunetteCurlyBrunette Posts: 26Registered Users
Just curious if anyone has tried this salon and has a review on it. I called them and they just opened a few weeks ago (June 24th) and I also found out that they are going to have stylists from the SoHo salon there such as Keith, Robert and Ed. Sounds like its going to be a great alternative for people (like me) who dont want to travel to NYC. I have been to Jo Bruno in New Haven Ct and have liked Jesse. The only complaint I have about the cut is that it was severely uneven. So uneven that I went to my old stylist to cut it evenly across the bottom. My biggest pet peeve is uneven ends. Dont get me wrong, I am all for long layers (not to many) but not totally uneven ends that make your hair look thin.
3a/b Growing long!!!
Read my Blog

Comments

• Kate4848Kate4848 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I went to the salon last Friday as a model. I was scheduled for a free haircut with Thandwie. David who was overseeing Thwandie asked me if I was also interested in coloring with another one of his color assistants, Natasha. Of course, I was, since I do my own coloring and it wasn't looking too good!

Thandwie did a beautiful job with my haircut. Then Natasha did a single process, but, my hair came out much darker than I wanted. I was blonde and my hair was now dark brown. Natasha invited me back for free highlighting. I went yesterday and now I am totally happy. Both girls were very friendly and so was David. These 2 assistants are still looking for models. I received the haircut, single process and highlighting for free!
  • CurlyBrunetteCurlyBrunette Posts: 26Registered Users
    How did you become a model? Did you walk in and ask for a cut or did you set it up beforehand? I was in the neighborhood yesterday and didnt feel up to going in but if I knew that I would have went in. Do they have a website? I had no luck finding an e-mail for them, just a phone #. Thanks so much for your reply.
    3a/b Growing long!!!
    Read my Blog
    Hi! I had it set up before. I found it online. Thwandie cut my hair, but, I can't find her number. I'm sure you can call the salon and ask for her. Natasha did the coloring and her number is 347-552-5214. She probably has Thwandie's direct number. My name is Kathy in case they ask you how you found out about the models. Good luck if you decide to go!
    Thanks so much Kathy! My Mom gave them a call and told them we would like to be hair models for them and they took our names and numbers and would call us. The woman said they only do those promotional cuts from Tues-Fri at 9:30am which might be a problem for me but I am sure it can be worked out. I am also in no rush for a cut because I am trying to get a little length before it gets trimmed again. Thanks again for your reply.
    3a/b Growing long!!!
    Read my Blog
    Hi! I'm glad your Mom called. I'm sure they will call you back because they told me to spread the word. Both my appts. were for 10 a.m. I live in Queens and hit traffic both times and I was a little late, but they still took me. Good luck to you and your Mom. Let me know how everything turns out!
    Well Kathy, I couldnt hold out any longer and wait for them to call me so I went ahead and made an appointment. I went in Thursday (yesterday) and I saw Thelma. The experience was just like when I went into the city to see Carlos so many years ago. The whole salon is laid out in the same way the one in the city is and its beautiful! I was highly impressed with how much time she spent with me on the initial consultation and explaining to me what would look good and why. I am trying to grow out my hair and she was concerned about saving my length. I told her if she needed to make the cut look fluid and flow then do what she had to do. She did cut off more than I thought she would but it looks awesome!
    My hair is no longer dragging my face down heavy and curly in one area while the other area was flat with no volume whatsoever. She fixed that problem. My appointment was at 12 noon and I walked out at 1:36pm. My hair dried VERY fast under the special dryers (I need one of them at home, lol )
    3a/b Growing long!!!
    Read my Blog
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i'm heading over there tomorrow thurs 10/22 at 515 for my annual haircut! cant wait--will any of u be there?
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
    Have a great time! Its not time for me to go for a cut because I was just there is September. I am letting my hair grow a bit before I go back. Who do you see for your cuts? I need someone who is not scissor happy. I dont mean to say that Thelma was in any way but I thought she did take a bit too much off and suggested I come back before the holidays for another cut. If I want my hair to grow there is no way it will if I go back before the holidays!
    3a/b Growing long!!!
    Read my Blog
  • b0ricubanab0ricubana Posts: 125Registered Users
    Can anyone tell me if they are still taking hair models at this Devachan??

Thank you! :smile:
    type 3a hair. started the 'CG' routine on 06.12.07 the day of my very 1st 'Deva' cut ;D
    Currently using all Devacare products...
    ALSO Addicted to:
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Condish
    Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Condish
    HEBE Set me up

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file