heat protectant!?

Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
does anyone know of a really good heat protectant because some of my hair is permanently straight from so much heat damage?
Hair Type: 3c/4a
Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
Proud to be a curly gurl!
:toothy8:

Comments

• ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    I like to saturate it with Infusium 23 Leave in while its wet and before i flat iron do a cpl drops of Redken Smooth Down Heat serum.. although you can use a light hair oil like jojoba and get the same results. Never ever press/flat iron hair straight up [no protectant] though. Got beside myself the other day and tried that for the first time in years [my conditioner left my hair so shiny + bouncy i didnt think i needed anything else] yes it came out pretty BUT i got terrible split ends from that ONE time. & i had managed to get rid of most of them now i have to start over.. shame.
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • JessyCatJessyCat Posts: 91Registered Users
    I agree that it's better to use something - anything! rather than iron without a heat protection product. I've used Dove's heat spray with mixed results (liked it but lost shine), Special FX heat spray in the purple bottle is a favorite, GVP Chi heat spray was mixed, and TreSemme heat spray is fabulous but don't overuse it.

XOXO
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use CHI Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray (red bottle), and I really like it a lot.

Good luck!!
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • lit26lit26 Posts: 131Registered Users
    its a ivory colored bottle and its $5 and at the bottom of the bottle is has the words ThermalGuard but for the life of me I cant remember the name of it but my curls pooped back as soon as water hits my hair! I love it!
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
  • lit26lit26 Posts: 131Registered Users
    its john frieda! heat treatment! its works great! then I applied chi silk infusion after I put it on and my 4b hair looked like I had egyptian hair, it was so silky!
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    ajiotal wrote: »
    its john frieda! heat treatment! its works great! then I applied chi silk infusion after I put it on and my 4b hair looked like I had egyptian hair, it was so silky![/quote

Where did you buy it ajiotal? Do you think I can find it in CVS?
  • PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Posts: 89Registered Users
    I use Nexxus Heat Protexx to protect it from the heat. Then I use the CHI Silk Infusion to give my hair that silk straight shine. Then I flat iron with my CHI and voila! Awesome hair and style. :laughing6:

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
    It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )
  • CoilyDelta27CoilyDelta27 Posts: 202Registered Users
    Sabina Moisture Block and Fantasic IC Thermal Protect (pink bottle) are great heat protectants!
    youtube (reginadwright) :afro:
    Pre-Poo: EVOO/TJTingle Poo: KCCC Cowash:As I Am/Mielle Organics Condish: EVOO/Aussie Moist Leave-In:KCKT Moisturizers: Qhem AOHC Sealants: Grapeseed/Apricot Oil/FlaxGel

event.png

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Kiehl's makes a great heat protectant cream. Got raves on MUA when I bought it a few years ago for when I diffused my hair, but I haven't been paying attention to reviews for it lately since I don't diffuse anymore.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file