Vitamin or Organix Shampoo

ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
Anyone use these, or have any experience?

Thanks in advance.
3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued

Comments

• ailaeailae Posts: 10Registered Users
    I use Organix condish, seems to work well for me. It smells REALLY good too, and it has everything that was recommended in a condish according to CG - emollients, proteins, humectants, and moisturizers. Of course, that's just to my memory, so I'd have to check the ingreds again to double check.
    Confused 2B..
    Shampoo Tresemme Flawless Curls
    Conditioner Organix Teatree Mint
    Styling Looking for product ideas. I don't like the wetlook gels. :/
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    ailae wrote: »
    I use Organix condish, seems to work well for me. It smells REALLY good too, and it has everything that was recommended in a condish according to CG - emollients, proteins, humectants, and moisturizers. Of course, that's just to my memory, so I'd have to check the ingreds again to double check.

Thanks but I am looking at the shampoos as a low poo.

Shampoo - GTTTT
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I've only tried Organix shampoos & conditioners. The shampoos I can do without. They're not the gentlest on my hair. The conditioners are good though & I'll keep buying the different flavors until I've tried them all. :D

I bought a bottle of the Vitamin conditioner, but I haven't tried it yet.
    lazy loops wrote: »
    I've only tried Organix shampoos & conditioners. The shampoos I can do without. They're not the gentlest on my hair. The conditioners are good though & I'll keep buying the different flavors until I've tried them all. :D

I bought a bottle of the Vitamin conditioner, but I haven't tried it yet.

Do you know if all the Organix conditioners and shampoos are CG? And which is your favorite conditioner so far?

Shampoo - GTTTT

The Organix Shampoos I saw on Walgreens.com contain Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultain & Dimethicone. I think some of the Dimethicones are with/without the Copolyol.

The Conditioners on the same site contain Cyclomethicone and/or Dimethicone, with some of the Dimethicones being the Copolyol type.

Take a look at what they have & you can try to make a decision for yourself as to which one you'd like to try if you want to go modified CG.

I really liked the Vanilla Silk & Coconut Milk scented conditioners because I'm a sucker for those scents, but I can't remember how good or bad they were on my hair.

I think the Pomegranate Green Tea may have been too strong in the fruity sense for my sometimes sensitive nose so I didn't purchase.

I used one that was a citrus scent for curly hair, but I see it's no longer made. I liked it because the citrus wasn't strong.

I can't do mint because of a skin sensitivity or allergy so I won't touch the one with Tea Tree & Mint.

I haven't tried the Shea Butter formula yet.

I don't know if I've ever seen the others listed on their website in stores locally.

I'll definitely want to try the Lavender Soy Milk & Mocha Espresso versions! :sleepy3:

But I bet anything the Passion Fruit Guava & Grapefruit Mango will smell too strongly of fruit & be not to my liking.

Normally cucumber isn't my cup of tea, but I might give their Cucumber Yogurt a try.

Those three must be new(er). I've never heard of them on the boards before, or seen them in stores, but then I also haven't been looking for anything to add to my stash. It's big enough & will need hauled cross-country in the fall with other things the movers won't take. But two of us will be driving small(ish) vehicles & another will drive a small(ish) truck hauling a big 'pig', so only necessities can ride.
  • Tomorrow Never KnowsTomorrow Never Knows Posts: 320Registered Users
    I used the Organix products for the last year before I went CG. I loved the smell and the ingredients sounded good to me. Since they contain silicones and I never used sulfates, my hair got trashed more than ever.
    Type 2b/2c, med/coarse, low porosity, medium density

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tangerine, Live Clean Moisturizing, CJ Daily Fix, GTTT, Tigi MM

Conditioner: Tigi MM, Jessicurl WDT, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Daily Smoothing, CJ H&B Deep Fix

Deep Treatment: same as rinse out

Leave-in: KCKT or my rinseout

Styling Aids: Alberto/V05 Gel, HETT/HESMU, KCCC
    lazy loops wrote: »
    The Organix Shampoos I saw on Walgreens.com contain Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultain & Dimethicone. I think some of the Dimethicones are with/without the Copolyol.

I thought those were all mild ones though? I picked up the Tea Tree one and it has copolyol.

Shampoo - GTTTT

But if you're full on CG, you're not supposed to use any surfactants or silicones, right?

Or are you modified CG? If so, that's me. I use a sulfate-free shampoo once a week. I use a non-sulfate clarifier twice monthly. And I use all silicones.
    How can you use all silicones but not use sulfates? Won't they just be building up on your hair and suffocating the hair shaft if you aren't removing them?

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tangerine, Live Clean Moisturizing, CJ Daily Fix, GTTT, Tigi MM

Conditioner: Tigi MM, Jessicurl WDT, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Daily Smoothing, CJ H&B Deep Fix

How can you use all silicones but not use sulfates? Won't they just be building up on your hair and suffocating the hair shaft if you aren't removing them?

This is how - http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-q-a/whats-the-scoop-on-silicones

And this is what you can use to remove them - http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-q-a/curlchemist-all-about-proteins
    So do you just use the cocamidopropyl betaine and cocobetaine then, not the sulfates?

Yes. If there's anything ending in sulfate, I put it back on the shelf.

But know that I've tried enough sulfate-free shampoos over the years & found some to be just as rough or rougher than regular sulfate cleansers.
    Any chance you remember what those ones were?:p

I listed a few on a post on the Gen Discussion board... http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1036680&postcount=15

Maybe if I dig some more into the brain cells I'll come up with some others. :dontknow:

:idea1: One of the Brocato shampoos wasn't so nice to my hair. It might have been the Cloud 9 Miracle Repair. :scratch:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file