salon in Central Maine- Augusta area

ksmclean1ksmclean1 Posts: 10Registered Users
Just moved here from Atlanta and I have 3a/3b and need a good salon here in Maine. I live in Gardiner but could go to Augusta (bigger city).

Any help is great!! Thanks!

Comments

  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    Hmmm....I'm not so familiar with salons in that area (I live farther south in Gray) but welcome to Maine!!!

    I do know a great Ouidad one in Portland though. She's really really nice and took a ton of time to talk my hair out with me and the vibe at the salon is great. I've only been there once though so I haven't posted a review. Speaking of I need to call and reschedule an appt!
  • KKurlsKKurls Posts: 79Registered Users
    ksmclean1 wrote: »
    Just moved here from Atlanta and I have 3a/3b and need a good salon here in Maine. I live in Gardiner but could go to Augusta (bigger city).

    Any help is great!! Thanks!

    Oh gosh..good luck. I am in northern/central Maine - Bangor area and I'm still looking too. Everyone I have ever seen either wants to flat iron...or scrunch and blow dry.

    Sigh! I did see on this site (under stylist recommendations) that there is a stylist in Portland that people have just raved about and have followed from salon to salon (Julie Washington). I may just make a trip down when I'm ready for a cut.

    If you do find someone I'd be interested in hearing about your thoughts! Good luck and welcome to Maine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CG since June 12, 2009
    Type: 3a and 3B mix, fine, high-med porosity, low density on top (uhg), medium in back...
    Co-wash: EO Rosemary Mint, Suave, or Jessicurl Cleansing Cream
    Leave-in: Jessicurl Too Shea, or whatever I co-washed with.
    Styling/Gel: KCCC, Aussie Opposites Attract spray gel, CJ Smoothing Gelee Jessicurl RR and CC
    Technique: Clip and air dry

    Hair style is the final tip-off whether or not a woman really knows herself. - Hubert De Givenchy
  • ksmclean1ksmclean1 Posts: 10Registered Users
    Thanks, ladies. I went to a place here in Gardiner on Saturday, Snips. It was a beauty/barber shop place which I had no clue that it was. Wasn't my normal type of salon but ... it was only $22 and the 'kid' was new but I love giving new people a chance. My hair actually seems so much less triangular- fingers crossed! Feels great! But I did buy new products too at Walmart- Suave Humectant Shampoo,VO5 Peach smoothie conditioner (couldn't find Strawberries & Cream which got a bunch of good reviews on here) and Suave Anti-Frizz Cream. Wish I could go to Portland but I don't have the time or money.
    I'll let you know how my hair is once it grows out a bit!
    Stacey :)
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    Hmmm....I'm not so familiar with salons in that area (I live farther south in Gray) but welcome to Maine!!!

    I do know a great Ouidad one in Portland though. She's really really nice and took a ton of time to talk my hair out with me and the vibe at the salon is great. I've only been there once though so I haven't posted a review. Speaking of I need to call and reschedule an appt!

    Which salon is that in Portland? I live in Falmouth.
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    crwritt wrote: »
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    Hmmm....I'm not so familiar with salons in that area (I live farther south in Gray) but welcome to Maine!!!

    I do know a great Ouidad one in Portland though. She's really really nice and took a ton of time to talk my hair out with me and the vibe at the salon is great. I've only been there once though so I haven't posted a review. Speaking of I need to call and reschedule an appt!

    Which salon is that in Portland? I live in Falmouth.

    It's Amore Styles on Gold Street. It's right off Pearl between Commercial and Fore Streets. It looks more like an alley but it's a real street.

    She was great, didn't carve and slice too much. Sat down and talked with me about my hair and what I wanted. She supported my hennaing and everything. Everyone there was really friendly, one of the male stylists is a pageant coach so I got to hear all about his plans for the Miss Maine pageant. It was a great experience.
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you. I'll check into it once I work out what my hair wants to do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file