Charlie's Soap Question

goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
I've noticed that it seems everyone uses the powder form of Charlie's Soap. Is there a reason the powder is preferred over the liquid?

I ask because I plan to buy some, and I really prefer liquid laundry detergent over powder, but if someone can point me to some links or offer why the powder is better than I can suck it up and try the powder.

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    I use the powder because since it's concentrated, it ends up costing less per load than the liquid. Plus, since I switched to powder, I like it so much better than liquid and now I find liquids too messy.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    I noticed the cost would be less.. but I think either way the cost is less than what we're paying now.

I find it interesting that you say now you think liquid is messier, I keep shying away from the powder because I think how messy it would be. I'm likely to drop the entire bag all over the floor though or something along those line :lol:
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    goldy wrote: »
    I find it interesting that you say now you think liquid is messier, I keep shying away from the powder because I think how messy it would be. I'm likely to drop the entire bag all over the floor though or something along those line :lol:

Nah, when I use liquid it always seems to drip down the side of the bottle and onto the washing machine or floor, leaving me with a puddle and a sticky bottle.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I find the powder less messy also. And only the powder comes in the kajillion load bucket. I keep a reasonable amount of it in a small plastic container (which I refill from the giant bucket) and it is not messy at all.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    The powder is also lighter/smaller and much cheaper to ship.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I use the powder because it's cheaper per use and a package lasts a long time. It dissolves quickly.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    Okay, so I'm inclined to try the powder. I found some on kellyscloset that is listed as "seconds" because when it shipped to them it came and is hard. It says I will need to break up the bag myself. Would this be difficult to do? I want to go ahead and order it.

(and in the humidity/heat here I would assume the powder would turn into hard rocks anyway, just like my brown sugar :lol: )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file