My hair grows UP not down - HELP!

randirandi Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi,I am a one week newbie CG and have decided to take the plunge with finally (after 47 yrs of the same haircut - poodle!) going to Devashan in September (5 hrs south of Ithaca, NY). However, my hair grows UP, not down. Any others with this problem? Suggestions? Help, please!! Thanks, Randi -- picture enclosed

Comments

• Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    very thick hair can tend to grow up until it has enough lenght to weigh it down. How thick your hair is can determine when that is.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Sorry I have no suggestions -- I have a short pixie cut that I think about growing out from time to time, but never have made it past the suffering with very thick hair that grows up and out instead of down.

I am not sure there's anything TO do except suffer with it until it gets to that length where it will fall over. For me that is about a year! Meanwhile I think i could dye it bright red and do a little moonlighting at McDonald's when Ronald wants the day off . . .

I'm not helping, am I?
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    fig jam wrote: »
    I am not sure there's anything TO do except suffer with it until it gets to that length where it will fall over. For me that is about a year! Meanwhile I think i could dye it bright red and do a little moonlighting at McDonald's when Ronald wants the day off . . .
    Fig - ROFL!!! Nothing like thinking positively!

Randi - Your hair is beautiful! It looks like my Mom's hair. (Only she's much older and prefers to always have short hair.)

I, on the other hand, have a TON of 3C/4A hair. I stopped relaxing back in November 2007, and after the big chop, my hair is now about 8 inches long when stretched. However, my hair is just recently (FINALLY!) turning downward.

I guess it just takes time and plenty of patience. In the meantime, you might want to experiment with different conditioners. I just started using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl Too Shea[/buylink]! as a leave-in and it's wonderful! Though it might be too heavy for some, I need to use quite a bit, but it keeps my hair from getting poofy.

Hope this helps... HAPPY GROWING! :afro:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Mine grows up and out before finally getting heavy enough to lay down.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file