Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner

Has anyone used this product? Before I discovered CG I used a deep treatment from this line, but it contains silicone. I was pleasantly surprised to see the plain conditioner is CG friendly. Anyone have any experience with this line? I'll post the ingredients tomorrow, but based on the fact that it contains coconut oil, is that enough to make it a good leave-in? The Suave Naturals ones don't seem to be heavy enough...

http://www.inecto.com/Pages/cocopage1.html
Type 2b/2c, med/coarse, low porosity, medium density

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tangerine, Live Clean Moisturizing, CJ Daily Fix, GTTT, Tigi MM

Conditioner: Tigi MM, Jessicurl WDT, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Daily Smoothing, CJ H&B Deep Fix

Deep Treatment: same as rinse out

Leave-in: KCKT or my rinseout

Styling Aids: Alberto/V05 Gel, HETT/HESMU, KCCC

Comments

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Yes, I've used this conditioner (too). :laughing6: I posted about it on the main hair board.

I loved the scent, the detangling, clumping & moisturizing. I had to be careful with it though because if used too often it could easily make my hair limp.
  • Tomorrow Never KnowsTomorrow Never Knows Posts: 320Registered Users
    Thanks lazy loops. What about it would make your hair limp? Does that relate to a particular ingredient in it, or...?

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tangerine, Live Clean Moisturizing, CJ Daily Fix, GTTT, Tigi MM

Conditioner: Tigi MM, Jessicurl WDT, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Daily Smoothing, CJ H&B Deep Fix

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I think it was the coconut oil. My hair isn't too fond of concentrated amounts of the heavier oils.
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    I bought some of this on a whim... I think it's better for a rinse-out than a co-wash (which is a pity, given how cheap it is). It smells fantastic and, for me, it detangles almost the second I put it on. My only complaints are that the scent does linger a bit too long (as nice as it is), and I find I can get overconditioned in one wash if I use it as a co-wash (possibly the high oil content, given my mostly fine hair is a little sensitive to oils).

I found it's quite nice to use as part of a mod-CG routine (eg, with lo-poo), which is how I used it over the weekend while on holiday. I didn't wear my hair curly (just poofy - no point in going curly), but it kept it moisturised and happy in all the sun and wind. :)
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
    Oh good, that would probably be good for me then since my hair is coarse and SUPER dry right now...I can't imagine it getting over moisturized haha.

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Where did you find this condish? I love coconut oil :)
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

I got it at Pharmasave in Victoria, BC.

http://www.inecto.com/Pages/cocopage1.html

• helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Jess, if you don't want to have to head over to Canada for a bottle, you could always head over to Ulta. I picked up my bottle there a while ago. :happy4:
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
    I'm in the UK - I see it at all sorts of independent pharmacies and cheap body-care shops. It seems pretty common, so I suspect similar sorts of places in the US would sell it.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    can someone post the ingredients? I can't find them on-line :angry1:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    According to my bottle:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, centrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, fragrance, magnesium nitrate, methylchloroisothaiazolinone, magnesium chloride, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid.

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    According to my bottle:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, centrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, fragrance, magnesium nitrate, methylchloroisothaiazolinone, magnesium chloride, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid.
    THANK YOU oddity!!! My picky hair has to nit pick all ingredients! I really appreciate you posting this :) Ingreds. look good :thumbup:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    No problem - I was literally sitting here about to put it in my shower basket to use tomorrow anyway. :)

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    helloitsio wrote: »
    Jess, if you don't want to have to head over to Canada for a bottle, you could always head over to Ulta. I picked up my bottle there a while ago. :happy4:
    But Canada is so close to SoCal :tongue3:

I've got to plan a trip to Ulta then. TY.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file