Don't do it!!

k33rstynk33rstyn Posts: 59Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to warn everyone (I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but I figured I'd try anyway) to not straighten your hair (or at least only for special occasions.)

I straightened mine like 3 times a week for the last 8 months, and even with using every deep conditioner and heat protectant under the sun, I woke up one morning and realized I had lost 3 inches of hair. I am so upset. Now I'm stuck wearing it curly every day... and it's shorter than I've ever had my hair (just passed shoulder length.) I miss my mid-back length princess curls! :(

Now I take hair vitamins and clip my hair while it's wet to stretch it to try to make it longer. I'm so angry I took my beautiful curls for granted. I look at old pictures and just wonder what I was smoking to do that to my hair for so long! don't let society's love of straight hair ruin your natural blessing. PLEASE!

I'll have to wait at least 3 more months until this damage is reversed and I'm sooo self conscious. Save yourself the trouble!!!! I have now switched from the Straightening thread to the growing out thread. Sadness. :(

xoxo kirsten

Comments

• shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    k33rstyn wrote: »

Now I take hair vitamins and clip my hair while it's wet to stretch it to try to make it longer.

I'm not sure that trying to "stretch" your hair is such a good idea, it will probably end up breaking.
    Also for all the curlies out there, if you MUST straighten try it with a blow dryer and a round brush. It does less damage, looks better and lasts longer in my opinion.
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • k33rstynk33rstyn Posts: 59Registered Users
    It's perfectly fine, I use duck bill clips. It's just like having extra hair weigh it down.
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    You are an inspiration!!

Looking forward to chatting more on the curly side of things!!

You should post over in the 3b section too!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file