Request to start new, specific, forums

Crystal TipsCrystal Tips Registered Users Posts: 240 Curl Neophyte
Hi Curltalk :wave:

I'm a UK newbie and I've almost got enough products together to begin a CG routine! I absolutely love this site - it is, without a doubt, fantastic! I have spent hours (I won't tell you how many - it is shocking!) looking through the forums and have learned so much.

I have noticed that, like any talk board, the information is scattered hither and thither - which although frustrating, does mean you learn an awful lot - it just takes a long time. No problem though.:happy3:

However, unlike the US, other countries around the world do have a problem sourcing the stuff you guys use. It is very clear that you do, generally, have the best products for curly hair and also have very knowledgeable people because of that. But I think it would be great if there was a forum dedicated to countries/continents. I know there are the swap boards but those boards are for aimed at swappers.

Personally, being in the UK, I have been looking for UK specific stuff. It just makes it easier, and cheaper - although I am going to try curl junkie which is distributed by British Curlies.

I also think that perhaps some UK products, that could be suitable and fantastic but haven't been discovered by CGers yet, are being overlooked because everyone wants the overseas variety.

I would love it if there was a British/UK forum - to supplement all the other fantastic forums that you have. Then anything and everything relating to UK curlies could be discussed there - I think it may get more info out there, make things more cohesive and be a first port of call for UK newbies, because I did find it quite frustrating at first - you start reading about all the great products/ideas/results etc and then you realise it does not apply to you because you cannot get hold of the products. And let's not forget - we don't have the cut or colour experts here either - we have quite a way to go!

Anyway - just an idea - sorry a bit rambling. And thanks again for this fantastic site!
UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
Currently in my rotation:
Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comments

• Crystal TipsCrystal Tips Registered Users Posts: 240 Curl Neophyte
    Just had another thought ...

From what I can gather so far, the information is split into:

1. Things everyone needs to know for CG:
    Science - Why CG, type, texture, porosity, acidity, moisture, protein, sulphates/parabens/cones etc. Plus cutting curly hair.
    Routine - cowash, condition, deep treatment, styling, drying etc
    Method/Application of products - emulsifying, SOTC, scrunching, raking etc
    Tools/props/ - microfibre, diffusers, plopping, brushes, combs, clips etc

2. CG friendly products
    Which is a variable and the search engine I feel does not cope well with the differences here - eg country specific products and availability; products based on hair texture/porosity etc.

3. Research/Experiments/The Future for CG

For the keen and/or experienced to better their knowledge and hopefully pass it on - lol. Something I've noticed here is that the experts on the boards have shown that texture/porosity is more important than curl type - but there are no specific forums for this - but lots for curl typing.

4. All the other boards eg colouring/ tranistioning/blogging/curlmart/swaps etc, etc.

I think it would make it easier to find everything if the info was a little more organised.

I hope you don't mind a newbie sharing her views :sunny:
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    We love new ideas! And welcome to CurlTalk; we're glad you have you.

Lemme ponder your ideas and run them by The Committee. I'll try to get back to you in a week or so.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Crystal TipsCrystal Tips Registered Users Posts: 240 Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen wrote: »
    We love new ideas! And welcome to CurlTalk; we're glad you have you.

Lemme ponder your ideas and run them by The Committee. I'll try to get back to you in a week or so.

Thanks for that Gretchen, I appreciate you listening :compress:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file