Seriously Considering Relaxing!

I need some major advice . i am 14 yrs old and i am currently transitioning into natural hair and i currently have braid extensions in my hair and i am currently considering relaxing my hair and cutting it into a pixie cut. i am doing very well transitioning but im just really tempted to cut and relax my hair so bad . help ! any advice would be good.

Comments

• RonnieajRonnieaj Posts: 304Registered Users
    Is it that you don't want to transition, or that you just want a new 'do? Because if you want a new do, you can cut off the relaxed ends now and flatiron the natural texture and still get the look you've described. If you're not entirely sure of your motivation, I'd hold off, because it's going to be a big step either way.
  • transitioingracheltransitioingrachel Posts: 8Registered Users
    I want a new do and i have always looked nice with short relaxed hair but my style grew out and im not sure whether to relax my hair and cut it again or just keep on growing it out natural . I am not have any issues transitioning but i just really want this hairstyle but im not sure if i should go back to relaxing .:angry1:
  • dark_05dark_05 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Well, if you want to relax your hair, make sure that the salon is using a good brand! If they are going to use a common brand like remmington or revelon, dont get your hair relaxed there!

Once, I got a relaxer from a salon and they used revelon and it DIDN'T WORK AT ALL! And I paid a full 120 bucks for it! Just ask the salon what they will use on your hair. If you don't like the brand they use, it's okay to check a different salon!
    :)
    3a/b hair.
    Rockin' the curls!
  • lit26lit26 Posts: 131Registered Users
    get a pixie cut sew in! always works and your hair grows 2inches in less than 3 months with a sew in then it would without
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file