Paul Brown Hawaii Stay Straight Anti-Frizz Molding Creme

kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I posted about this on the Paul Brown thread yesterday morning--asked if anyone had used it. No responses. I used it again--yesterday and today. It's great.

This what I posted yesterday:

Anyone use this?? I bought it a while ago when I was buying the goo. Searched for the ingredients on the internet, but couldn't find them. I'm not typing them in--they are so small I can barely read them (and there are a lot) with my bifocals. They are CG, with lots of botanicals at the top of the ingredient list. At the bottom of the list, there is propylene glycol, hydrolized wheat protein, emulsifying wax and synthetic protein.

"STAY STRAIGHT conditions as it holds even in high humidity. Hawaiian Protein Flora Complex™ and Kukui Nut Oil conditions and lusterizes even processed/ Frizzy hair. Moisture barriers keep hair from curling up or frizzing out even on the longest high humidity days. Keep style straight and shiny ... any day ... all day. Ideal for multi-cultural hair types. Use on course to medium hair textures."

I've used it a few time, but need to use it a little more before doing a separate review. It's great as an afternoon frizz fighter. I wet hands, put a pea sized amount on my hands, emulsified and smoothed on canopy with a little follow up scrunching. When I do this with a lot of other products it results in a producty feel when it drys. This doesn't. I also tried it in the morning today. I don't do second day hair, so no protective measures at night. Once again, it smoothed down the frizz, helped the curl a bit and didn't result in any loss of volume.

Today, I posted this on my Donna Marie update. I've edited the information that doesn't pertain to the Paul Brown Anti Frizz Creme.

It's raining here today--88% humidity and dewpoint of 64. It's not the makings of a good hair day. Today, I used a tiny bit of the buttermilk and the MiraCurl Jelly (Ayanna suggested no gel--the jelly has hold.) I have great curls, lots of volume--and I got curly compliments. After being out in the rain this morning, I came home and used my Paul Brown Stay Straight Anti Frizz Molding Creme--it took down the frizz I had gotten and it's stayed really nice. My hair looks and feels great, no extra swelling. Definitely a keeper.

Paul Brown has a Stay Straight Anti Frizz Balm. It's supposed to be for fine hair, the creme is for medium to coarse hair. The cost almost twice as much and the first ingredient began with guar. I decided not to buy it, since I like this one just fine.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• nancytmccnancytmcc Posts: 103Registered Users
    Kathy--thanks for this review! Boy, you are not kidding about today being a bad hair day in lovely southeastern PA!! Not a good day to try the Komaza pudding for the first time without a firmer gel, oh well. I am interested in this product for the exact reason you used it today--I wince every time I look in the mirror this afternoon because of the halo of frizz. I have had to run outside several times today in this drizzling mist we are having, and each time I have wrecked my hair a bit more by putting my hands in it as it has gotten damp, and I have no decent products here at work. I am seriously considering bringing an extra blow dryer and diffuser here to leave at the office--is that crazy or what???
    Sorry, don't mean to get off topic--my question is where do you purchase the Paul Brown products? One of my trips today took me near an Ulta store, checked it out, they have Paul Mitchell which I always confuse with Paul Brown, but no Paul Brown.
    Thanks!!!
    Nancy
    Hair type: 2b, wavy/curly, color treated, fine texture but high density
    Modified CG since 6/14/09
    Products currently rotating: Organic soap bars, ACV rinse, KBB milk, Fuzzy duck gel, BB Gelee, KCCC, Komaza curl pudding, Goddess Glaze, Mop Top shampoo and condish, Gelatine Goo, Burt's Bees More Moisture condish.
    I think my hair likes protein!!
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Paul Brown Hawaii is a "salon" brand. You can get it at some salons, BSS or online.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dewpoint was 72 today. I used the new Donna Marie MiraCurl Gelly. Started out great, got rained on a few times, developed frizz. Used the Stay Straight Anti Frizz Creme when I got home--and the frizz went away and pretty much stayed away.

Forgot to add link connemara22 sent to the Paul Brown ingredients pages:

http://paulbrownhawaii.com/product-sheets.asp

ETA: I checked the ingredients for the Stay Straight Molding Creme and they aren't at all what's on the back of my tube--at least the first few.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They sent me a secure document (couldn't copy ingredients to post!) for the Stay Straight Anti Frizz Molding Creme--had the ingredients that are on the tube and an apology for the incorrect ingredients on the website. They are updating the website. What they sent looks just like the product sheet, but website is still wrong!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file