how often do you work out?

SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
I go to the gym about 5-6 days a week... my workouts consist of lotsa cardio (running and spin class) weightlifting and ab work on that big blue ball. I want to add pilates in but not sure where or how often. anyway what kinds of things do you do? and how often do you wash your hair? i CO wash mine almost everyday. is that bad?
thanks
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have

Comments

• smallpeassmallpeas Posts: 162Registered Users
    I go to the gym about 5-6 days a week... my workouts consist of lotsa cardio (running and spin class) weightlifting and ab work on that big blue ball. I want to add pilates in but not sure where or how often.

Unless you're doing some sort of aerobicized pilates, pilates is basically toning exercises (mostly of the core/abdomen), so it's in the isometric/resistance-training category. I suppose it depends on what your goals are as to how often you should do resistance and cardio exercises.

Right now, I jog (distance, not interval) on the treadmill and bike/spin 3-4 times/week. Sometimes I do some yoga or pilates at night. I wash/wet my hair 2x/week. Mainly because my hair looks like garbage in the summer and washing it more than that wouldn't be helping the cause any.

• ldscurly-qldscurly-q Posts: 40Registered Users
    I do step cardio 3 times a week and spin on the days in between. Although it's been so hot I haven't wanted to spin on the days I'm not at the gym since I have a spin bike at home. I'd be losing some major weight if I weren't eating so much crap. :roll:
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shampoo twice per week with Bumble and Bumble Gentle Shampoo, followed by Rich Conditioner, Leave In (or rinse out) Conditioner and Prep spray. Bb Curl Conscious Creme (thick hair) and Tri Styling Gel.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Weight-training 2-3 x a week with some kind of cardio or aerobic type exercise for 45-50 minutes, and then 2 days with just cardio, where I do either 45-50 on the treadmill or elliptical, 30 mins spinning, 5 minutes stairmaster, and every day I'm there I do the ball exercises.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    I workout 5-6 days a week. 2-3 sessions of strength training and 3 days of cardio in the form of spinning, step, or eliptical.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I've been averaging about 4 days a week. I keep shooting for 5 though. In addition to my yoga and pilates stuff, I'm going to add more cardio once the weather cools off.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I walk at least 5 days a week & at least 3 miles a day...
    I guess my weight training would be picking up a 23 lb toddler...lol
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    every day. well unless i'm too busy or sick. i dance run jog jump cheer tumble anything you name it for at least an hour.. its so simple and fun compared to pilates tae bo weight lifting videos and things like that. and i used to do all of those. but i have to condition twice a week so there's my strength.
    3b-3c CG
  • PJsMomPJsMom Posts: 173Registered Users
    I do 20 - 30 minutes on my elliptical M-F. Then I do crunches. Then push ups. It's pretty basic, but it's giving me my weight loss after the baby.
    3c/4a

BC - 25 July 2006

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file