need more hold--Paul Brown Gelatine goo??

nancytmccnancytmcc Posts: 103Registered Users
So I tried Komaza curl pudding today and really liked it but I need a harder holding gel to use over it, I think. I tried Goddess Glaze today over the Komaza, but it is high humidity and I just don't think the GG has enough hold, my curls are looking a little droopy (but shiny and soft, from the Komaza!). So I want to try to make it work for me, and think a harder holding gel would do the trick. I have BRHG and use it on my bangs, but I don't like it over my whole head. Is the Paul Brown goo a harder holding gel than Goddess Glaze? I was also thinking about Bioterra as another possibility. Any other recommendations?
TIA!
Hair type: 2b, wavy/curly, color treated, fine texture but high density
Modified CG since 6/14/09
Products currently rotating: Organic soap bars, ACV rinse, KBB milk, Fuzzy duck gel, BB Gelee, KCCC, Komaza curl pudding, Goddess Glaze, Mop Top shampoo and condish, Gelatine Goo, Burt's Bees More Moisture condish.
I think my hair likes protein!!

Comments

• AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users Curl Novice
    HESMU is strong holding for me. Not as hard as BRHG and get's the job done.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Paul Brown is harder than the Goddess Glaze and really nice over Komaza.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    Paul Brown Goo works beautifully over the Komaza Coconut Pudding for me without gunking up my hair or making it less soft. This is my favorite summer combo.
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • nancytmccnancytmcc Posts: 103Registered Users
    Excellent! Thanks so much for the input. I have one Goo on the way, from Amazon.com of all places!!
    Hair type: 2b, wavy/curly, color treated, fine texture but high density
    Modified CG since 6/14/09
    Products currently rotating: Organic soap bars, ACV rinse, KBB milk, Fuzzy duck gel, BB Gelee, KCCC, Komaza curl pudding, Goddess Glaze, Mop Top shampoo and condish, Gelatine Goo, Burt's Bees More Moisture condish.
    I think my hair likes protein!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file