We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Is there a such thing as a water soluble form of dimethicone?

I've read on here that it is not water soluble. However, I read a while back (I thought it was a quote from Ouidad) stating that her products use a "water soluble form of dimethicone".

I was curious because I really like her Climate Control Gel and it has dimethicone in the lower half of the list.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a

Comments

• aaa00aaaa00a Posts: 284Registered Users
    PEG-modified dimethicone
    Dimethicone copolyol

Are the only water-soluable silicones I am aware of.
    Wavy, dry, protein sensitive, coarse, highly overly porus, very low elasticity, medium-thick density, very prone to split ends
    Avoids: Sulphates, Silicones, Protein, Mineral oil, Petroleum, Polyquaternium, Sodium/Magnesium, Heat
    Mod-CG since June 2007
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Any cone that has PEG in front of it is modified to be water soluble.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file