CurlTalk

Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist - QB

hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
I don't think I've seen much (if any) talk on this Qhemet's product. Has anyone tried this? How does it compare against the Oyin sprays? TIA
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    I have a bottle that I got in a swap and I like it MUCH better than the oyin sprays.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    I have a bottle that I got in a swap and I like it MUCH better than the oyin sprays.
    for real :blob2:
    (trying to narrow down my choices here)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    THe only prob I have is that it's $11 for only 5oz of spray...where the Oyin spray is 8oz for $10.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    I know... I peeped that too.

I already have products I like from QB so adding on works for me. I am finding that as I get more hair, the QB is doing me nicely. I have yet to try anything from Oyin but I am eyeing them too (along with Afroveda) :rambo:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EkuaSoulEkuaSoul Posts: 870Registered Users
    I tried this in a tester at the store here and I really, really liked it. Non-sticky and instant shine and softness. It's the hair softening/revitalizing spritz that I've been looking for. I have to agree that its better than Oyin's spritzes. $11.59 for 5 oz is indeed a bit much, but I'm picking up one (or 2) this week since its in stock now. I have it one on hold for sure. My hair just loves Qhem's products and I don't mind adding one more to the stash. :thumbup:
    EkuaSoul - Ninja PJ :batman:
    AyurNatural Beauty
    Facebook | Blog | Hair

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I tried this and I didn't like it. It made my hair sticky, and after awhile dried it out; and made my neck greasy. Maybe my hair doesn't like glycerin. Haven't tried oyin sprays because they sound like they have strong scents. Eying the Darcy's botanicals spritz...and the afroveda ginseng detangler
  • TK*TK* Posts: 885Registered Users
    OFF-TOPIC:

Hippychic, I LOVE your new avatar! It's funky cool!
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.
    TK* wrote: »
    OFF-TOPIC:

Hippychic, I LOVE your new avatar! It's funky cool!
    it's one of my fave singers - erykah badu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knhardeknharde Posts: 100Registered Users
    hippychic wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen much (if any) talk on this Qhemet's product. Has anyone tried this? How does it compare against the Oyin sprays? TIA

I find the Karkady tea to be more moisturizing than the Oyin spritzes; however, Oyin spritzes smell much better (particular the Juices & Berries). I always keep bottles from both brands tho' and use them according to what my hair needs at the moment.
    4a/b, a little 3c at the crown; current faves: Anita Grant, Qhemet, Oyin...natural since 2000...(currently 15 inches)
    knharde wrote: »

I find the Karkady tea to be more moisturizing than the Oyin spritzes; however, Oyin spritzes smell much better (particular the Juices & Berries). I always keep bottles from both brands tho' and use them according to what my hair needs at the moment.
    seems as tho this spray is a winner :sunny:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypnotichypnotic Posts: 613Registered Users
    i must love it i bought it last week sunday and i have already used 25%

um for that price i am now rationing my spritzing! lol
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
    hypnotic wrote: »

hypnotic - can you post the ingredients? I don't see them on the site. TIA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

will do when i get home...
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users

I found this online.
    Ingredients:
    Aqueous extracts of Karkady (Hibiscus sabdariffa), Fenugreek (Foenum-graecum), Olive Leaf (Olea europa), Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) and Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Scent

hypnotic, let us know if your bottle says something different. Trying to be helpful and save you some time. lol

I was thinking my hair hates glycerin due to swelling but now I'm thinking that maybe it just hates humid rains. lol. the picture in my siggy is a from resulting from a humid rain for that started out as a braidout. lol

I found this online.
    Ingredients:
    Aqueous extracts of Karkady (Hibiscus sabdariffa), Fenugreek (Foenum-graecum), Olive Leaf (Olea europa), Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) and Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Scent

hypnotic, let us know if your bottle says something different. Trying to be helpful and save you some time. lol

I was thinking my hair hates glycerin due to swelling but now I'm thinking that maybe it just hates humid rains. lol. the picture in my siggy is a from resulting from a humid rain for that started out as a braidout. lol
    wow, thanks KR :)
    i know i'm gonna love this now - hibiscus :blob6:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    I say we all sign a petition for Qhemet to make larger spritz CHEAPER!!! I'm scared to try it cause I'm sure I'll like it! I can't be buying no 5oz. $16 spritz every two weeks! Cause that's how long it will take me to go through it. Probably even less than that. And I know I'm not going to be able to hold my PJ in for long with you all talking about how good it is so let's fix this expense problem people. Let's storm the gates and get Qhemet to lower that price or at least bumb it up to 8 or 10 oz.!!!!!:protest:
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
    I say we all sign a petition for Qhemet to make larger spritz CHEAPER!!! I'm scared to try it cause I'm sure I'll like it! I can't be buying no 5oz. $16 spritz every two weeks! Cause that's how long it will take me to go through it. Probably even less than that. And I know I'm not going to be able to hold my PJ in for long with you all talking about how good it is so let's fix this expense problem people. Let's storm the gates and get Qhemet to lower that price or at least bumb it up to 8 or 10 oz.!!!!!:protest:

I'm with you on that one!! :protest:
    AyurNatural Beauty
    Facebook | Blog | Hair

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    good news, it looks as if it is only $11!

1.5 oz. - 5.50/5 oz. - 11.00
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    EkuaSoul wrote: »

I'm with you on that one!! :protest:
    I would love to see a bigger bottle (and I haven't even tested it yet) :colors:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CoilyDelta27CoilyDelta27 Posts: 202Registered Users
    youtube (reginadwright) :afro:
    Pre-Poo: EVOO/TJTingle Poo: KCCC Cowash:As I Am/Mielle Organics Condish: EVOO/Aussie Moist Leave-In:KCKT Moisturizers: Qhem AOHC Sealants: Grapeseed/Apricot Oil/FlaxGel

event.png

thanks Kinky Rhonnie

i never made it home last night (hopefully my mom isn't reading this lol)

but i will double check tonight

and yes it needs to be bigger because I can't reup every month...well i can but im trying to save money!
    Cowash Conditioner:
    The karkady tea replenishing mist has changed ingredients slightly too:

OLD Ingredients:

NEW Ingredients:
    Aqueous extracts of Karkady (Hibiscus sabdariffa), Olive Leaf (Olea europa), Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) Lemongrass and Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Scent

fenugreek is out
    lemongrass is in

I have to say, I like the QB mist better than the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Juices--Berries-p-757.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-juices-and-berries-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Oyin Juices & Berries[/buylink]. The QB really softened my hair, not just made it wet. The Oyin really scented my hair. The herbal scent of the QB mist works for me. I don't mind having a less fruity smelling head. :thumbright:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    The karkady tea replenishing mist has changed ingredients slightly too:

OLD Ingredients:

NEW Ingredients:
    Aqueous extracts of Karkady (Hibiscus sabdariffa), Olive Leaf (Olea europa), Burdock Root (Arctium lappa) Lemongrass and Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Scent

fenugreek is out
    lemongrass is in

I have to say, I like the QB mist better than the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Juices--Berries-p-757.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-juices-and-berries-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Oyin Juices & Berries[/buylink]. The QB really softened my hair, not just made it wet. The Oyin really scented my hair. The herbal scent of the QB mist works for me. I don't mind having a less fruity smelling head. :thumbright:
    I too noticed this, but I was GLAD for the change because the old K-mist (the one with the regular spray dispenser) made me want to vomit and I could never bring myself to use it (even diluted) or I would gag :(
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • dommodommo Posts: 11Registered Users
    i just purchased this spritz today and I don't like it as much as Oyin. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Juices--Berries-p-757.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-juices-and-berries-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Oyin juices and berries[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Frank-Juice-p-756.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-frank-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]frank juice[/buylink] are so softening and moisturizing to my hair and the qhemet mist didnt seem to do anything at all it smells wierd; maybe i got a bad one. I am going to finish the Karkady mist and see how it works over time.
    "Live everyday as it is your last'
    I thought I had an allergic reaction to this but it was another product. I am so happy because this spray really softens my hair. Just wish it came in a bigger size :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LhoreSpencerLhoreSpencer Posts: 474Registered Users
    I really like the Oyin Sprays... they help me detangle before I begin my wash routine. But the smells are a bit strong for me... I had to sell my J&B because I couldn't tolerate the scent anymore. Right now I'm digging the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Frank-Juice-p-756.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-frank-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Frank Juice[/buylink]. I also find that the Oyin sprays just wet my hair and then dry sticky.

That being said, after reading this thread, I just purchased the Karkady Mist... the mere fact that my fellow curlies are saying that this spray is "BETTER" than Oyin, truly has me curious.
    FdQlm4.png
    Falling deeper and deeper and deeper in :love4: with my beautiful mixture of springy, tight coils and super duper kinks.

*SIGH* Alas, I've come to accept my shrinkage and fairy knots :angry7:

There are no magic potions, concoctions, elixirs, or pills for hair growth, weight loss, or financial independence... so stop looking for a quick fix!!!
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I really like the Oyin Sprays... they help me detangle before I begin my wash routine. But the smells are a bit strong for me... I had to sell my J&B because I couldn't tolerate the scent anymore. Right now I'm digging the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Frank-Juice-p-756.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-frank-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Frank Juice[/buylink]. I also find that the Oyin sprays just wet my hair and then dry sticky.

That being said, after reading this thread, I just purchased the Karkady Mist... the mere fact that my fellow curlies are saying that this spray is "BETTER" than Oyin, truly has me curious.
    I have the same experience with oyin. Both the J&B and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]greg juice[/buylink] dried my hair, but it's a sticky dry :( BUT it works well for me when I have kinky twists. On loose hair, it's just a dry mess

Also the K-mist left my hair sticky, but moist-feeling. I used it once or twice with some success, but the stickiness got to me (even diluted). I sold both bottles I had off :( I'm sad because it made my hair super soft
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Posts: 625Registered Users
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    I had the pleasure of trying the Qhemet mist this weekend and LOVE IT! My hair was so darn soft and moisturized. I like it much better than [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]oyin greg juice[/buylink].

I have two bottles of j&b but haven't used either. I need to pull them out of the box. lol
    I wasn't able to pick this up the last time I was going to get it and ended up missing out. I have a couple of bottles on hold now, but when I looked back at this thread and saw the glycerin in it, I'm worried now since its already chilly here.

Anyone still using this with success given the cooler temps?

I may still go ahead and get it, but wanted to hear from other ladies.
    AyurNatural Beauty
    Facebook | Blog | Hair