CurlTalk

Hair on forehead in the summer

Do you wear hair on your forehead in the summer? I currently don't have any on my mine and I really miss it!
If you do, how do you manage and maintain it in the heat and humidity? How is is cut and styled?

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,088Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i always wear a side part.
    i know you use deva products, set it free on wet hair is great in the humidity!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • hipchickhipchick Posts: 350Registered Users
    Rbb--my part is off center. With my hairline far off to the side won't work. I think I am going to try more set it free--thanks!
    i think you will like the results with more set it free in the humidity -- always meant a very good hair day for me. then don't touch it til dry, then only scrunch, do not run your fingers through it.

styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    Rbb do you use arcangell or angell in humid days? I'll try and use the set it free last.
    i'm kind of not using deva with any regularity anymore as my hair does not like the ingredients in the new one condition, so.... if i can find a conditioner that is compatible i will use them again.
    what i did is this:
    i left in a little conditioner as a leave in, scrunched out excess water.
    then i added [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angell[/buylink], about a nickel's worth on top, and just a tiny bit more on the underneath bottom, raked it all through. (sometimes i used angell, and used more of that, like a quarter's worth, but i found with the angell i had less volume. they gave me different looks, i used each at different times, depended on my mood!) (if your hair is shorter, you might need less of the gels).
    then, i spritzed several sprays of set it free on top, and underneath, raked that all through, then shook my head forward, and scrunched.
    all this was done in the shower.
    then i scrunched my hair with a curlease towel, just really to stop any dripping.
    i always used set it free - sometimes more, sometimes less. it always gave me good curl formation and i never had frizz. never.

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Mine is shoulder length when dry/curly. I wear either headbands, half-ups or buns to keep hair off my forehead in summer, but I don't have bangs so it might be easier.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    Thanks so much Rbb. Sorry to hear deva products aren't wking too well for you these days. What products are you
    using instead?
    well, i really don't have nor want to spend money, so i am doing careful research first, taking it slowly.
    i started with aubrey organics conditioners, did not like them.
    next, on to curl junkie products. i am still trying to figure out the best way to use them, but..... for instance, after all is said and done, you have to use a hard holding gel on top (curl junkie does not have one) for more definition.
    it definitely is moisturizing. i am having a tough time with amounts -- first i used too much, then too little.... if there were a hard hold gel, it would be perfect. so i tried a little [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angell[/buylink] with it yesterday, seemed too producty.
    so, i am back to the drawing board, which i was lucky enough not to have been here because deva products was the line i tried first, and all the old formulations were great for my hair -- soft, curly, moisturized, definition.... so i am sea here, and not having money to waste.
    plus, i am in the middle of transitioning my black hair to white, not the best time at all to be without products i can count on.
    i think i may try mop top next. again, another expensive product.
    you do know you can get deva products at a great discount on cosmeticmagic.com?? plus, if you spend at least $40, you get free shipping. and, your shipment is at your doorstep two days after you ordered. i was getting used to this.... i would like to find a conditioner to replace one c and be compatible with the deva styling products.

Rbb have you tried Phyto products? I once got a haircut and the stylist used it on top and it was very good. I believe it was a hard hold product. What products did Carlos recommend to you as substitutes?
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    <
    I wear bangs. ALWAYS. :mrgreen:

I go over them lightly with a flat iron and they will stay silky and straight unless it is LondonFog weather.

But my hair is med/med/med, so it tends to take to a blow out easily.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    hipchick wrote: »
    Rbb have you tried Phyto products? I once got a haircut and the stylist used it on top and it was very good. I believe it was a hard hold product. What products did Carlos recommend to you as substitutes?

i used phyto years ago, before i was cg. i did like the sun balm, have to review the ingredients.
    when i last saw carlos he was still using only deva, but we did discuss the change in ingredients. he did not have any particular one to suggest. but i am going back in august, see what he says then.
    today i used the curl junkie conditioner (the deep one) and left some in as a leave in, then used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angell[/buylink] and set it free. worked well together. so i will keep experimenting.

Rbb glad your combo worked well together.

Today I used the One c as a leave-in and a nickel size amount of Arcangell for the the rest of my hair and set it free on top and then I scrunched. The results were pretty good but it curled up and shrunk a lot. I might mix angell with arcangell tomorrow. Curly hair really requires a lot of experimentation and it can get expensive but it is better than flatironing every day. The clips are now my big challenge. Carlos put them in so quickly so I never really saw how they were all placed. Is there a special way to place them?
    hipchick -- see, i would think it was a good hair day if it curled up and shrunk -- tighter curls. it's all what you want. it is a lot of experimentation, but i love the results. the more you learn about your hair, and how to use products, the easier it becomes. until deva changed their formulas, i was pretty set.
    i don't use the clips, never got good results from them. i think there are different ways to use them -- one way is to get volume on top, the other is pin curls to curl a straighter piece of hair.
    there must be a utube of devachans about how to clip.