Any 3c/4a's ever used Herbatint?

AnthroDivaAnthroDiva Registered Users Posts: 19
I've been hearing good things about it and after seeing another CGs fotki of her hair, I am SURE that I want to try it.

My hair is very dark (like black, I think) and although I want to use henna, I really want a reddish-brown color immediately (versus the amount of hennas it would take to get my hair even a tint of red).

One more question, if you have used Herbatint (and have dark hair) do you agree that it works best to go about 3 shades lighter than what you really want? Since I want a reddish color, I read that I should do 8N (which is a light blonde but will lift my dark hair sufficiently).

TIA
Last Relaxer: January 2008
LC aka "little chop": : June 2009
Hair Type (Andre): 4a/3c (but I feel more 'at home' in the 4a forum :toothy5::home:)
Hair Type (LOIS): OS, fine & spongy
Hair Type (AnthroDiva): decreasing interest in, yet increasing utility for hair typing systems :scratch:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://public.fotki.com/AnthroDiva/july-pictures/

Comments

• ninadefninadef Registered Users Posts: 243
    Bumping.

Anybody????
  • IndigowatersIndigowaters Registered Users Posts: 1
    Yes. Those are both my hair patterns and I used it. I went with Light Copper Chestnut and it turned out a reddish brown color. You can see it mostly when I go out in the sunlight. I'm actually going to order Copper Blonde to go lighter for the Summer. It didn't damage my hair at all. I didn't react to it and I have very sensitive skin (break out in huge hives when it reacts). My hair remained the same all over as far as pattern and it didn't loosen any curls. It didn't get dry either. I just use Shea Moisture or African Pride Olive Miracle Oil to moisturize with water. Hope that helps. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file