CurlTalk

RAVE: goody ouchless comfort-flex updo

ashatara78ashatara78 Posts: 25Registered Users
I got this free with my ouchless rubberband packet and have not spent a day without it. It is called "goody ouchless comfort-flex updo barrette"

I could not find a goody's link. But found a picture here.
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walgreens.com%2Fstore%2Fproduct.jsp%3FCATID%3D100840%26amp%3BnavAction%3Djump%26amp%3BnavCount%3D0%26amp%3Bid%3Dprod4926519" class="Popup

It looks small but can easily accommodate my thick curly hair in various ways and does not break. Here are some ways I have used it:

- ponytail during exercise - hurts less than a rubberband
- half-ponytail outside - just to keep the hair out of my face
- twisted bun outside - on days when my curly hair is not looking so great, I pull it all back, twist it up tightly and put the barrette. Then take care of the ends. I got a lot of compliments on this one.
- Loose pineapple at night on the back of the head as I am a side sleeper. Does not hurt - I was never able to do the traditional pineapple as it hurt me.

Best thing about it - it holds all day. I don't have to worry about my heavy hair falling out.

Comments

• mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    I had this but gave it to my daughter who has less hair than I. I would consider my hair's thickness to be dense and it was only good to pull back a portion of the top. I think the concept is great but would like one designed for thicker hair.:tongue:
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Looks interesting! I like the idea of using this for pineappling...hmmm, I'll have to see if I can find it at my local Walgreens! Thanks!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    Check Walmart too. That's where I found mine.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• naturl34naturl34 Posts: 2Registered Users
    This is my first post after weeks of browsing around...

I had gotten the smaller ouchless barrette with the elastics at Walmart & it only worked for a half up/half down style, but I found the same one, only larger, at Target in black and silver-gray ($3 & change each).

CG since July 5, 2009
    co-wash: Devacare No Poo & Suave Naturals Waterfall Mist
    conditioner: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-One-Condition-p-467.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-one-condition]Devacare One Condition[/buylink] & Giovanni 50/50
    (I have Trader Joe's Nourish Spa to try)
    leave in: Giovanni Weightless Leave In
    gel: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Devacurl Angel[/buylink]l & Fantasia IC Gel (I'm on the fence with this one so far, it may be too thick for me... )

:angel5:
  • etripolietripoli Posts: 119Registered Users
    ashatara78 wrote: »
    I got this free with my ouchless rubberband packet and have not spent a day without it. It is called "goody ouchless comfort-flex updo barrette"

I could not find a goody's link. But found a picture here.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walgreens.com%2Fstore%2Fproduct.jsp%3FCATID%3D100840%26amp%3BnavAction%3Djump%26amp%3BnavCount%3D0%26amp%3Bid%3Dprod4926519" class="Popup

It looks small but can easily accommodate my thick curly hair in various ways and does not break. Here are some ways I have used it:

- ponytail during exercise - hurts less than a rubberband
    - half-ponytail outside - just to keep the hair out of my face
    - twisted bun outside - on days when my curly hair is not looking so great, I pull it all back, twist it up tightly and put the barrette. Then take care of the ends. I got a lot of compliments on this one.
    - Loose pineapple at night on the back of the head as I am a side sleeper. Does not hurt - I was never able to do the traditional pineapple as it hurt me.

Best thing about it - it holds all day. I don't have to worry about my heavy hair falling out.

Hey thanks for posting this- I bought one this weekend and although my hair is too thick for all of it, it really worked well with my hair half up!
    CG Since 5/23/09
    3a - High Porosity / Coarse Texture on Crown, Medium Texture Beneath
    CO Wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Cond.
    Condition: Salon Care Honey Almond Cond.
    Gel: Biotera gel
    DT: Honey, conditioner, EVOO(1x/wk)