Where can I find a lactic acid or glycolic peel?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
My face is a lot clearer than it used to be but still not 100% clear. I also have a few minor acne scars that I would love to get rid of. My face is on the sensitive side but also resistant to OTC mild products. I also have oily skin which is shiny about an hour after washing.

I tried the avon 2 step peel which did absolutely nothing. I know some people on this board buy a heavier duty lactic acid or glycolic peel. Can you tell me how to use it? Where to buy it? And what exactly is it for?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    try www.makeupartistschoice.com

there are lots of good descriptions of what the products do....i have the lactic acid peel 55%....it's plenty strong for me....i'll probably never go higher....
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Thanks.

Do you know how many peels I'll be able to do with the half oz sampler kit? It doesn't say.

It also doesn't mention how much of the serum to apply. Do you just soak a cotton ball?
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I don't use one. Sorry I can't be of help, tgrey. I think Rouquinne did a makeup missive on this topic, though.
  • lafeistlafeist Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the 40% kit and it works great! I have gotten about 10-12 peels out of it. I seem to go through the prep lotion faster than the peel. I use a cotton ball for the prep and just use my hands fo the peel. Just put a thin layer on.
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    you can buy a separate bottle of the prep...i don't think it costs too much. it's good...just be careful...more time is not better....even a veteran peel person, i burned the side of my nose!!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • liv2dance4liv2dance4 Posts: 129Registered Users
    I swear by Philosophy products- they are non-irrtating and work wonders on your skin. They make a few different kinds of peels. If you go to the website, www.philosophy.com and enter your skin problems they come up with what works for your skin and you can chose from there. Items are pricy though.

HTH
    3a color-treated
    Ouidad- Curl Quencher Poo/Dish, CHS Curl Keeper, Innersense Sweet Spirit and QCCC, Climate Control Gel, Tress F/X, Redken Fresh Curls Spray Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file