I miss the crunch

PeachyPandaPeachyPanda Posts: 17Registered Users
I posted before, but I thought I'd try again and be more specific.

This is the L'Oréal Paris Studio line Invis'FX styling Gel I got when I was in Sweden. According to the Swedish CG site, it is CG approved.

I loved this gel because it got crunchy right away when I gave it a little diffuser. This meant my hair was hard and protected while it air dried, then I just diffused a little more to finish off drying and get rid of the crunch. If there was any crunch left, it went completely away after a few hours when my hair was completely dry. After my hair was completely dry, it felt like there was nothing in my hair. So clean and not producty. For second day hair I just mixed a little with water and it was great.

I've been trying not use the little I have left, but it's so obvious that my hair looks better on the days I use it.

Do you know of any product like this?

Ingredients:
aqua/water, propylene glycol, VP/Acrylates/Lauryl methacrylate copolymer, sorbitol, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, triethanolamine, chlorphenesin, ammonium polyacryldimethyltauramide / ammonium polyacryloydemthyl taurate, limonene, benzyl salicylate, linalool, methylparaben, butylphenyl methylpropional, parfum/fragrance
2 something with some 3a, I think...
Started CG: Oct 22nd 2008
pw: hair
fotki

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Did a search in Curl Products on the ingredients copolymer and hydrogenated castor oil, thinking the copolymer is probably what gives the hard crunch and the castor oil is probably what gives it a soft natural feel once dry - plus it's not in a lot of gels.

Came up with this one by Redken. It does have one water-soluble 'cone and it does have glycerin, which might be a turn-off for some. You might try playing around with other searches like that to see if you come up with something that's an even better fit:

www.naturallycurly.com/curlproducts/view/3605/Redken-Elastic-Works-09-Waving-Gel

Ingredients: Aqua/water, AMP-acrylates/allyl methacrylate copolymer, PVP, isoceteth-20, glycerin, PEG-14 dimethicone, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, propylene glycol, butylene glycol, aminomethylpropanol, phenoxyethanol, parfum/fragrance, methylparaben, PEG-90M, ethylparaben, linalool, calcium sodium borosilicate, mica, geraniol, citronellol, nylon-12, CI77891/titanium dioxide, CI77491/iron oxides, oleth-10, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, octylacrylamide/acrylates/butylaminoethyl methacrylate copolymer, lecithin, phosphoric acid, polyquaternium-10, disodium EDTA (D27983/1)
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • poppinspoppins Posts: 104Registered Users
    Cant really help with your question, but just wanted to say that I have this gel and I agree that it leaves your hair feeling really great and not producty at all!
    2c coarse,very dense hair, average porousity.
    Currently using:
    Original Source conditioners
    Boots intensive Honey and Jojoba hair mask
    Boots pink curl creme
    Loreal InvisiGel mineral gel
    Also now experimenting with Anita Grant products Yay!
    Also mom to 6 little curlies of various types!:love4:
    Avi:My cute baby boy's super soft baby curls!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file