We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Harry Potter

murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
has anyone seen harry potter yet? the 6th one?

Did anyone notice all the beautiful curly and wavy hair going around in that movie?
tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeeeeeees there was some seriously lovely curls. Some of which were the result of heat methods but hey, I won't complain. Anything to get curls on the screen and 'cool' with teens.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Lavender Brown:
    2qs88r9.jpg

sorry its so huge

Romilda Vane:
    Romilda.jpg
    romilda_vane04.jpg
    Cormac Mclaggen: J/k with him though but he's a total hottie:laughing4:
    14-Cormac-McLaggen.jpg

Bellatrix Lestrange:
    HP6D-07725.jpg

spacer.gifspacer.gif
    whoa I didn't except themt o be that huge sorry!!!

spacer.gifspacer.gif
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I forgot about all those curlies. They were gorgeous. I LOVE Helena Bonham Carter's wild hair.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    I forgot about all those curlies. They were gorgeous. I LOVE Helena Bonham Carter's wild hair.

Me too!! its truly gorgeous! The one chick at the beginning very beginning in the coffee shop harry was in had beautiful hair too! My friend who happens to be a boy was absolutley drooling over her and the girl who played romilda vane which made me kinda happy because most guys I know usually don't like girls with wild curly hair :angryfire:.I love when curly hair looks wild idky:colors:
  • CoilyDelta27CoilyDelta27 Posts: 202Registered Users
    OMG! I was so excited when I saw the girl with the big curly afro flirting with Harry in the beginning. I was like "my hair goal"! Yay! There are lots of great curlies throughout the movie. Great post!!!

:blob5:
    youtube (reginadwright) :afro:
    Pre-Poo: EVOO/TJTingle Poo: KCCC Cowash:As I Am/Mielle Organics Condish: EVOO/Aussie Moist Leave-In:KCKT Moisturizers: Qhem AOHC Sealants: Grapeseed/Apricot Oil/FlaxGel

event.png

• shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    Whoa! I haven't seen it yet, but I'm very excited about all those curls! The first two pics even look like natural-ish curlies :toothy8:
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • violeteidolonvioleteidolon Posts: 14Registered Users
    I saw the midnight showing, and it was great! I am soooo jealous of Helena's hair. Every movie she is in her hair looks crazy and great. I am always trying to copy her hair, but I always fail. :(
    3b
    Wash: KC Come Clean, Suave Juicy Apple Condish
    Conditioner: Giovanni 50:50, LVPNG, AOHR
    Leave-In: Gio Direct Leave In, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, ArcAngel, Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
    DT: BB Super Shiny, Honey, Lustrasilk Olive
    CG since Jan '09
    Questing for the perfect gel that is cheap, natural and dries fast.
  • katherinelovesevryonekatherinelovesevryone Posts: 230Registered Users
    i saw the midnight showing and i was proud to be a curly when the coffee shop girl came on screen :toothy7:
    3c/4a fotki [update 4/18/09]
    blog
    approaching BSL
    BC 4/26/08! Last relaxer April '07

:wav:
    aussie moist /suave coconut conditioner (cowash/leave-in)
    long aid activator gel
    random condish+honey+olive oil+cocnut milk+whole milk+conditioner (DT)
    finger combing>>>>Tangle Teaser
  • oceanwavesoceanwaves Posts: 7Registered Users
    emma watson is gorgeous
    emma-watson-as-hermione-granger-in-.jpg I just love the hair >_<
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    I know! Romilda Vane's hair was SPECTACULAR - what a lovely girl! Emma Watson's hair looked quite pretty for large chunks of the movie, too.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • LdawnZLdawnZ Posts: 25Registered Users
    :protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

yeah alot of people had curly hair in the film EXCEPT THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CURLY HAIR Hermione Granger's hair is supposed to bushy and curly like in the 3b or 3c range maybe if pushing it a messy 2c. ( according to the books) but no they have to go have emma watsons hair look wavy.

im sorry for ranting but hermione's hair in the movies is just a pet peeve of mine
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    LdawnZ wrote: »
    :protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

yeah alot of people had curly hair in the film EXCEPT THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CURLY HAIR Hermione Granger's hair is supposed to bushy and curly like in the 3b or 3c range maybe if pushing it a messy 3a. ( according to the books) but no they have to go have emma watsons hair look wavy.

im sorry for ranting but hermione's hair in the movies is just a pet peeve of mine
    They tend to polish up characters for the movies, any movies. Remember how Hermione had hugh front teeth (like a beaver) and wild bushy hair? and they gave her perfect teeth and smooth even waves (i don't think JKR actually mentioned any curls, just hte bushyness).

Ron was suppose to be skinny and tall with a large nose and nobody would call Rupert Grint's button nose anywhere near large and he isn't ridiculously lanky.

Also, harry's hair was supose to be sticking up in all directions, but they just gave him messy bangs.

I just chalk it up to plain Hollywoodification
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • manderzzmanderzz Posts: 40Registered Users
    wow i never really paid much attention to that throughout the movie but that is really cool!!! most of the movies now have all their characters with straight hair but it's nice to see a change for once - and im espicially happy to see that its with harry potter lol i luv the books and movies
    hair type: 3a/3b (i think)
    curently CG as of 18/11/09
    co - wash : garnier fructis triple nutrition
    conditioner : same as co wash
    leave in : for now, same as co-wash and conditioner
    -hair length goal: BSL

HARRY POTTER <3
  • emilylouiseemilylouise Posts: 93Registered Users
    I love Helena Bonham Carter's wild hair too! I heard such a fuinny quote from her, something about how she and her husband Tim Burton have houses next to each other which join through tunnels, and she said it was "to get out of each other's hair... and let's face it, we both have a lot of hair." Funny on a few different levels! :D
    BSL 2Cmiii :flower:
    normal/high porosity, normal elasticity.

• GabriellaGabriella Posts: 1Registered Users
    I too was impressed by the amount of curlies in HBP! It's great that the trend is finally turning from generic super straight hair to natural, beautiful curls and waves... I've only been natural for about 2 months, so seeing so much curly publicity has really inspired me.

Love the Helena Bonham Carter quote!

I'm going to a dress up Harry Potter party, and I'm going as Lavender Brown (the first picture). I'm about a 3a, so i think i should be able to pull off her hair okay. What do you think? Her hair is a bit longer than mine, and mine's brown. Do you still think this would be alright?
    Gabriella wrote: »
    I too was impressed by the amount of curlies in HBP! It's great that the trend is finally turning from generic super straight hair to natural, beautiful curls and waves... I've only been natural for about 2 months, so seeing so much curly publicity has really inspired me.

Love the Helena Bonham Carter quote!

I'm going to a dress up Harry Potter party, and I'm going as Lavender Brown (the first picture). I'm about a 3a, so i think i should be able to pull off her hair okay. What do you think? Her hair is a bit longer than mine, and mine's brown. Do you still think this would be alright?

I think you can pull it off, if not you could just go as hermoine too, as someone said her hair isn't that curly/bushy/whatever its supposed to be in the movies.
  • MitchellMitchell Posts: 30Registered Users
    I just watched this movie again and it was still good. Can't wait for the next one to come out!!
    I notice no one mentioned ron's mom-Molly W. Molly-Weasley.jpg
    Luna lovegoodwax_luna_spectrespecs1231181875.jpg It's a little hidden by her book, but still there.
    Hagrid
    hagrid3.jpg More poof than curl.

There was someone else but I can't remember. Great movie!!
    3b Hair and absolutely love every minute of it! I've gone from 1 inch hair to 30 inches and everywhere in between! :cyclops:

Conditioner: Say Yes To Tomatoes
    Leave-in/Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture
    Gel: L.A. Looks Curl

Last relaxer: June 26, 2010
    Big Chop/Hair cut: July 29, 2010
    lol was the whole cast a curly?! except snape, draco and harry...well ron and ginny....LOL
  • hihisakurahihisakura Posts: 11Registered Users
    Omg, I live and die for Harry Potter.

I Love love LOVE Luna's hair.
    :icescream:Type:2c/3a botticelli curls with 2b/c at the underlayers and some of the back, very thick and mid-back length, black w/ very few caramel highlights

I kept falling off the cg wagon but finally started properly as of July 2010
    I use tresemme naturals condish, liveclean argan oil and argan oil leave-in condish and curl keeper!:angel9:
  • OnyxK.OnyxK. Posts: 157Registered Users
    lol. Luna's great so's hair style in the movies
    4a/b-whatever! with a twa
    hair properties: fine,porous,dense
    :blob7: SheaMoisture Coconut hibiscus Line:blob7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file