CurlTalk

I am so hoping!!!

BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
As some of you know, last month I got pregnant and then later that month I had a miscarriage.
I was told by a nurse friend that after a miscarriage, there's an increase in fertility. I hope so.
If I am pregnant, it is only a few days, so right now there's no way of knowing. I am so hoping I am, though!

What's the earliest someone can feel the symptoms of pregnancy? I already feel some pressure on my left ovary...I felt that last month when I was pregnant, but I had other symptoms too.

I'm actually going to my doctor (ob/gyn) today (not because of this) but because I am overdue for my annual checkup. We are going to discuss options to increase my fertility. Of course, if I'm prescribed medication, I should probably wait a week or two to make sure I'm not already pregnant.

I am actually looking forward to the soreness in my breast, possible morning sickness, and acne (yep, I broke out a little more than normal last month and I'm just starting to recover from that!!). I really want this to work out this time.

Wish me good luck, and if you have any words of encouragement-- would love to hear it!

Thanks,
Boomygrrl
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
:blob8:

3a/3b

Comments

• wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    I'm sorry about your miscarriage. Good luck, and I am sending good vibes your way. Fingers crossed, hoping for good things!

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    Good luck, Boomy! I'm glad to see you're in such good spirits. :)
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I'm hoping for you, too.

I also had an early miscarriage, and conceived my son right after that, so for me, that definitely worked and I hope the same happens for you. Keep us posted!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I've heard the same thing about miscarriages. The early pregnancy, hormones, etc. gets your body "primed" for pregnancy and women can often conceive again right away. I really hope you can. Best wishes.
    ehLB.jpg
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Good luck, Boomy! I hope thing go smoothly!

I worked on a case where a woman thought she had a miscarriage and then got pregnant within the month. Her doctor testified that it is possible. Hopefully you will be as fortunate.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    After my early miscarriage, I got pregnant with my son before I even had a period. I think especially if it's an early miscarriage that requires no D & C, that your body can go back to normal pretty quickly and start ovulating right away.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:toothy4:!
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i havent been lucky enough to have an increase in fertility after my miscarriages, but i definitely wish you luck!
  • kimberly jkimberly j Posts: 153Registered Users
    Good luck! Hope all turns out well & you are pregnant!
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    Well, still too too early to tell. I'd only be 5 days pregnant if I am...LOL
    But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    I was told the miscarriage was likely due to a genetic abnormality.
    I was prescribed clomid...I won't start it for another 6 weeks or so...not this coming period, but the next. Of course, if I'm pregnant, I won't have to start it.
    So, we'll see.
    Thanks for the responses, y'all!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    Boomygrrl wrote: »
    I was told the miscarriage was likely due to a genetic abnormality.
    I was prescribed clomid...I won't start it for another 6 weeks or so...not this coming period, but the next. Of course, if I'm pregnant, I won't have to start it.
    So, we'll see.
    Thanks for the responses, y'all!

Gah.. the suspense. I saw your post and got really excited for you. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. Good luck again!!
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users

Do you mean 5 days past conception/ovulation? Because you'd actually be 2 weeks and 5 days then, since you start counting from the first day of your LMP (or in my case, with my freakishly long cycle, I just subtracted 2 weeks from when I know I ovulated and started counting there).
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • Katina128Katina128 Posts: 560Registered Users
    Good luck! I conceived both of my sons within a month or two of miscarriages. I hope you have the same increase in fertility I did.
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
    Thanks. I'm taking another pregnancy test tomorrow morning. It might be too early, but the suspense is killing me. I figure if I'm "negative," it could mean either it's too early to tell or I'm not pregnant...but if I'm "positive".... :-)

I would keep you updated but I won't have internet access this weekend. We're switching services. We already turned off one (I'm at work now, that's why I'm on)...and Monday we should get Roadrunner. The service we had was sooooo soooo slow. We thought we were getting Roadrunner yesterday, but they have to do something to our wall ??? I don't understand...my husband knew what they were talking about.

If I'm negative tomorrow morning...then I'll retake it sometime in the middle of next week.

Wish me good luck!

3a/3b
    Today, I noticed I am more emotional than normal. Something on TV made me teary-eyed this morning...and normally a topic like that wouldn't.
    I'm also laughing more at stupid jokes than I usually do.

It's looking hopeful. Still got the slight cramping...but no tenderness in the chest...yet.

Here's to: stomach cramps, sore boobs, acne, moodiness, and nausea. A girl can only dream!

3a/3b
    PixieCurl wrote: »

Do you mean 5 days past conception/ovulation? Because you'd actually be 2 weeks and 5 days then, since you start counting from the first day of your LMP (or in my case, with my freakishly long cycle, I just subtracted 2 weeks from when I know I ovulated and started counting there).

Yeah, I know technically they add 2 weeks...I'm just talking about 5 (now 6, it's a day later) days since I got laid. Sorry, I'm crude. I have a warped sense of humor right now.

So, yeah....2 weeks and 6 days, right?

3a/3b
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    So, yeah....2 weeks and 6 days, right?

Yes :)

It's really a flawed system. They should count from ovulation/conception and say that pregnancy is (on average) 38 weeks. And for women who don't know when they ovulated or conceived, they could go by LMP and subtract two weeks.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    Well, took it Saturday and it said negative...but it's still too early to tell. Will take it tomorrow. We'll see. Getting more symptoms. Well, one more...the sensitive breasts thing again. It's looking hopeful.

3a/3b
    how about extra sensitivity to the sun? is that a symptom? I just went out to eat for lunch. It's hotter than hot, but I wasn't out but to get into my car and back to work. I look red, like I was out in the sun all hour...at least on my arms.
    Fingers crossed.

3a/3b
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    sending good thoughts, boomy.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Negative test result again today...but it's still only ten days into it (or ten days plus two weeks...LOL), so I'll try again Friday.

3a/3b
    I've experienced some spotting today. Don't know if it's an early period (even though symptoms would suggest I was pregnant...but maybe I wasn't after all). I don't know what to think anymore. If I don't have any heavy bleeding and still have the other symptoms, I'll assume it's bleeding from implantation. (that's what I read could be the cause). If I don't have further problems, I'll still assume I might be pregnant and will retest on Friday.
    If it's a repeat of last month, well at least I didn't know for sure if I'm pregnant this time around, so I can just think it was strange PMS and an early period.
    Ack!

3a/3b
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Don't know; could be pre-AF spotting (I get that sometimes, at least) or implantation spotting. Wait a couple days and see if what it does. If it goes away or doesn't turn into a period, take another test!
    ehLB.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Boomy, sending good thoughts!:love4:
    Well, I had my period early...with all those symptoms...I suspect I was pregnant and had a miscarriage-- again.
    Maybe it wasn't meant to be.
    Thanks for everyone's support.

3a/3b
  • kg91308kg91308 Posts: 327Registered Users
    I'm sorry. I know this is something you want badly. You are in my thoughts.
    Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to! :toothy10:
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I'm sorry, Boomy. I hope the Clomid works when you start taking it. Good luck to you!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    stay positive, stay calm...it will happen!!!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Well, I had my period early...with all those symptoms...I suspect I was pregnant and had a miscarriage-- again.
    Maybe it wasn't meant to be.
    Thanks for everyone's support.

I think it's also possible that you are now more tuned into the symptoms than you were before, and they could have been pre-menstrual symptoms that you often have but don't always pay attention to if you don't suspect pregnancy. Early pregnancy and PMS symptoms are very similar, which makes this so frustrating.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this month - hopefully soon you will have your blessing.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Aw, I'm sorry, boomy. Good luck with Clomid! :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
    Thanks for everybody's support.
    :-)

3a/3b