Curlaway Curl Relaxing Gel

Anyone try this yet?
http://www.hairstyle-blog.com/curly-hair-relaxing-new-product.html
I haven't--but I'm looking forward to it. There isn't a whole lot of curl relaxing products that I am a fan of, so hopefully this one will be great.

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Anyone try this yet?
    http://www.hairstyle-blog.com/curly-hair-relaxing-new-product.html
    I haven't--but I'm looking forward to it. There isn't a whole lot of curl relaxing products that I am a fan of, so hopefully this one will be great.
    I had used it a few years ago, and would have continued but didn't want to send away for it again and can't buy it locally. It does smooth the wave pattern,
    doesn't do any damage, and conditions the hair. It has a vinegar base, no lye.
  • ~mixedchick~~mixedchick~ Posts: 16Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been interested in trying this product as well. According to the Curlaway website, Walgreens carries it. However, when I contacted Walgreens (the ones that claimed to have it in stock on the Walgreens website) I'm told they do not carry it, but I can order it from their website. I was really hoping to find it in a store.

Where were you able to find it, or did you order it online?
  • niclarniclar Posts: 110Registered Users
    im curious..its not permanent and you can use it to loosen the pattern?
    http://public.fotki.com/nicolelarri/2008/

PW: lovely
    Natural 4a/some 4b type hair, Thin, cottony coffee straw coils

Thought I found my HG (KKCC)..its good but Im sure there's better:wink:

Curls Milkshake current leave in, Fantasia IC w/Olive Oil gel for smoothing/shine, Curls Goddess Glaze for Twist/Braid outs.
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    I don't want to actually straighten my thick 3C/4A hair, but I'd like to try it if it would tame the frizz and poofiness.

So, if anyone out there has tried it,
    Does this actually work?
    What exactly did it do for your hair?
    Did it meet your expectations?
    How long before you noticed a difference? How long before you got the results you wanted?

Inquiring curls want to know! :blob2:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • LoveADozenLoveADozen Posts: 1Registered Users
    I really liked Curl Away. It took me 2 years to figure how to best use it for my needs. The smell many complain is untolerable. I go around the smell by mixing mine and using it as a setting lotion or blow drying lotion on my 4b natural hair.
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Ummm...I'm not buying this. Anything that will chemically loosen your curl pattern--whatever the degree--has to be some degree of harsh. If you know anything about the chemical makeup of hair...and if you don't, then trust those of us who do. Don't fall for it--not completely, anyway. If we want to straighten or relax our curls, we have to expect damage. That's just the way it is. It may work, but expect damage. It may be cumulative damage that may not be readily apparent initially, but there. will. be. damage. Hell, shampooing damages hair. Touching damages hair.

Beware of ~*magic*~ straightening potions!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file