Affordable Frizz Control Question And Shampoo Question

Hello~ I've been using Suave Coconut and Pro Vive Nutri Gloss once a week, then stopped using Suave when people said it made their hair more frizzy. Now my hair looks better after using Nutri Gloss that once a week, but my hair is still frizzy when I don't use it. Should I use it more often? Are there any frizz control products/co-washers/etc that are inexpensive that you suggest?

(The Shampoo Question is In a Separate Thread Now)

Thanks to anyone who helps!
I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!

Comments

• teaberryblueteaberryblue Posts: 6Registered Users
    I just use natural oils to tame the frizz! A bottle of castor oil costs the same or less than a bottle of gel/mousse, or if you don't like the smell of castor oil (it stops smelling after a couple minutes once it dries), you can add a dot of cinnamon or tea tree oil to it, or you can use vegetable glycerine. That is all I have been using after the Suave Coconut and my hair is so much less frizzy. Also, I am doing a co-wash every four days-ish.
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Posts: 100Registered Users
    I just use natural oils to tame the frizz! A bottle of castor oil costs the same or less than a bottle of gel/mousse, or if you don't like the smell of castor oil (it stops smelling after a couple minutes once it dries), you can add a dot of cinnamon or tea tree oil to it, or you can use vegetable glycerine. That is all I have been using after the Suave Coconut and my hair is so much less frizzy. Also, I am doing a co-wash every four days-ish.

Thank you~!
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!
  • vagueparadoxvagueparadox Posts: 8Registered Users
    My favorite oil for my hair is (organic) coconut oil. I've also found that olive oil works pretty well.
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 299Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. I rake it through my hair after showering and then squeeze the excess water out. It kind of acts as my leave in conditioner for my protein craving hair. It has 2 cones in it (the 1st two ingredients) but it's done such great things for my hair, that I just don't care! :tongue3:

organix coconut milk hair serum Ingredients:
    Cyclomethicone, Decaethylcyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silk Amino Complex, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Egg White Protiens, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file