Bangs?

carlyisapiratecarlyisapirate Posts: 59Registered Users
Hi curly girls!
I have 3b curls and last month I got a side bang ((that goes to my jawbone when straight)) and I love it but it's kind of hard to take care of especially when I'm separating my bangs from my longer hair. Any tips for separating my bangs? Should I get my bangs shorter and thicker?

thanks!

xx

Comments

• versaillesversailles Posts: 6Registered Users
    i have 3bish curls too and i made them thicker and shorter, it's easier to "find them" when my hair is curly because of the shrinkage. =)
  • lizzy327lizzy327 Posts: 6Registered Users
    i have the same type of bang and the same problem :tongue:
    usually I comb all my hair back and then slowly use the comb teeth to seperate the hair on my forehead (about where the bang starts) and comb from root down. This usually gets all the bang seperated, but as you mentioned, some longer pieces of hair can sneak forward. I usually take that area of long hair and grab from the root and seperate from the bang.
    I hope what I'm saying makes sense!
    I've also found that while styling with product, simply comb with your fingers and push the bang back. When it dries naturally it can frame your face nicely and create a different look instead of the usual side bang :lol:

hope this helps
  • curlycarrottop62curlycarrottop62 Posts: 245Registered Users
    im debating wether to get side bangs like tayler swift or not. My hair is 3b and shoulder length thats growing out. if anyone has bangs like this please please please tell me if they are a pain or if they are cute on them!!!
    Multi-textured head! 3a w/ some 3c, medium to high porosity, medium to coarse texture, dry!

My current favorites: Suave naturals shampoo, Suave coconut, Organix argan and moroccan oil conditioner, GFTN, LALMG, FSG <3!!

Not a huge fan of CG :/
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    yea I would reccomend getting them shorter. When curly my bangs are just a little bit above my nose, and straight they are just a little bit (about 2 cm) past my nose. it's a lot easier to find them if they are short. good luck and I hope I helped! :mrgreen:
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • curlycarrottop62curlycarrottop62 Posts: 245Registered Users
    do u wear your side bangs straight with your curly hair??
    Multi-textured head! 3a w/ some 3c, medium to high porosity, medium to coarse texture, dry!

My current favorites: Suave naturals shampoo, Suave coconut, Organix argan and moroccan oil conditioner, GFTN, LALMG, FSG <3!!

Not a huge fan of CG :/
  • simplyconfusingsimplyconfusing Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hey! I have 3a hair and i have choppy bangs..what i do to separate is flip my head upside down. grab all my hair kinda in the middle so my bangs won't be in my hand and kinda shake the bangs out (while hair is still wet and after i put my products in) then when it looks like they're all separated, i put some heat protectant on them and let my hair air dry...♥
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    amcarter62 wrote: »
    do u wear your side bangs straight with your curly hair??

most of the timeI do... I know it sounds weird but I think it looks good it even looks good curly though I love having bangs! :thumbright:
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file