CurlTalk

CJ aloe fix gel

How many of you use this and does it help with frizz? What else works well?
Co wash: GTTT Conditioner
Rinse out: G 50:50 or GVPCB
Leave In: GDLI
Gel: KCCC and LA Looks Sport
My HG is Pink Boots!

Comments

• PrettyMedusaPrettyMedusa Posts: 619Registered Users
    How many of you use this and does it help with frizz? What else works well?

I use it on dry hair for frizz, and I do find that it helps--it locks in moisture and makes for more defined curls. I know that the aloe isn't good for everybody, but I love it.

I also like Phytodefrisant--a lot of people use it on flat-ironed hair, but it definitely works to define and de-frizz curls (it's CG-friendly, too).
    Fine, porous 3a with some 3b...
    Co-wash: Suave Tropicals Coconut Conditioner (with shampoo bars 2x a month) Rinse-out: L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Leave-in: Lustrasilk Styling: CK, Pink Boots, KCCC, AOMM, HESMU, BRHG, CJ Aloe Fix Gel Post-Styling: Apply product to wet hair, scrunch out water with Curls Like Us, diffuse for 5-7 minutes Treatments: Vatika coconut oil, Kama Brahmi oil
  • PrettyMedusaPrettyMedusa Posts: 619Registered Users

I guess I don't think of them as being comparable products. I adore [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and use it on my hair when wet, but I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]Aloe Fix[/buylink] when dry. I think [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] is a better styling product, but [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]Aloe Fix[/buylink] is great when you want to SOTC or revive your curls midday.
    Fine, porous 3a with some 3b...
    Co-wash: Suave Tropicals Coconut Conditioner (with shampoo bars 2x a month) Rinse-out: L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Leave-in: Lustrasilk Styling: CK, Pink Boots, KCCC, AOMM, HESMU, BRHG, CJ Aloe Fix Gel Post-Styling: Apply product to wet hair, scrunch out water with Curls Like Us, diffuse for 5-7 minutes Treatments: Vatika coconut oil, Kama Brahmi oil
  • ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    They really aren't comparable at all. I use CJ AFG over [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]CJ CCCC[/buylink] and I love it!!
    I do sometimes use on dry hair, but I'm not comfortable with touching my dry hair w/ product in my hands so I just bought [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Fuel-Curl-Enhancing-Spray-p-490.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-curl-fuel-curl-enhancing-spray]CJ Curl Fuel[/buylink] Enhancing spary.
    But I love CJ AFG. At first I thought it made my hair frizzy (pics on my fotki) But it just turns out I wasn't getting enough moisture. Personally for me, with this product, on wet hair more is more. Then I use a harder hold gel ontop of it as it has like no hold.
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I don't find them comparable either. I like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]... I :love10: AFG. ;)

I use gel over both when using them on wet. That's what keeps my frizz down. Aloe alone has a tendency to make my hair frizzier and poufier. I like the AFG bettter because I get great volume and bouncy curls. I don't sacrifice definition for volume with it.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • heartofcurlsheartofcurls Posts: 215Registered Users
    My HG is Pink Boots!
    I suppose you could I never have. I use one small palmful of CK under a couple knuckles of AFG followed by two pea sizes of BRHG. It's very humid and muggy right now though. I used it for a while without the CK very successfully.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

I suppose you could I never have. I use one small palmful of CK under a couple knuckles of AFG followed by two pea sizes of BRHG. It's very humid and muggy right now though. I used it for a while without the CK very successfully.
    I always have a little bit of canopy frizz with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. Will I have that with AFG?
    My HG is Pink Boots!
    It depends on what your hair likes/doesn't like. It is all hit and miss really.

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    I've jumped on the CJ wagon :tongue10: I get completely different results from [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] then CJAF. I do get slightly more frizz but it's a trade off for more definition so it doesn't bother me. I get predictable results from AF whereas [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] the weather has to be just right or it leaves me stringy. I've tried SG twice and didn't like the results as much as AF. I may not have used enough but with AF I could tell how much my hair could take and it started forming my waves right away. The SG was a little more poofy and not as defined and I didn't see a lot of curl formation right away like I did with AF. Still gotta play some more though....
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    And I love the SG with just about whatever I pair it with... while I cannot for the life of me get the AF to work for me! No matter what I pair it with!! I end up with hair that "grows" as the day wears on:confused4:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Do not feel bad rudee I cannot make [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]aloe fix[/buylink] work for me either - on wet or dry hair. I do not get it. I am thinking it might be the glycerin because I was having issues with some other products with glycerin in them. I want to like it because it makes my hair curl up like crazy but then it turns to a frizzy mess and I do not usually have issues with frizz.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    I do the hair grow thing also this time of year without BRHG overtop.

I would not have an issue with my hair growing - I need all the volume I can get. For me it's the insane frizz it gives me. Is that what you (rudee and whatsercurl) mean by growing???
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I have tried it on wet hair more than once and it has never worked for me. I use it on my second day hair. I have to wear my hair loosely pulled back and I like to smooth this through my hair first. Its gotta be dry air though.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
    heart of curls if you do a Google Search and type in CJ Aloe you'll pull up a bunch of recent discussions on all of CJ products. Be sure to check out Marsha's blog too she's got some excellent suggestions on there.

Here's ella's thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=79461

Fave CJ products thread:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=75131

So those getting frizz, ella wasn't using enough product and she wasn't moisturized enough and that's why she had issues :dontknow: It's hard to say for sure, WHC uses CK under I tried this too and it helped.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    heart of curls if you do a Google Search and type in CJ Aloe you'll pull up a bunch of recent discussions on all of CJ products.

Here's a couple http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=79461

So those getting frizz, ella wasn't using enough product and she wasn't moisturized enough and that's why she had issues :dontknow: It's hard to say for sure, WHC uses CK under I tried this too and it helped.

thank you so much! I really can't figure out if I should buy it or not. I've spent a lot on products that haven't worked.
    My HG is Pink Boots!
    Yeah I hear you about the cost of products. It can be a pain, I resisted CJ stuff for a long time! What prompted me to try it was this wacky Summer we've had. My tried and true methods that worked last Summer were MEH..Then whc of course was the biggest product pusher and wouldn't take NO for an answer :lol:

You can always sample from Kathy Mac......
    Discovered CG 2007

xcptnl wrote: »
    I would not have an issue with my hair growing - I need all the volume I can get. For me it's the insane frizz it gives me. Is that what you (rudee and whatsercurl) mean by growing???

Don't know about rudee but for me I mean growing. The one time I tried empressri's application method and suggestion to use it as my only product, my hair was double its size by end of day.

Same thing happens to me with FOTE so I know it's the aloe causing it. But with BRHG overtop it's the bomb! :D

Just out of curiosity, did you have problems with CK also?

Don't know about rudee but for me I mean growing. The one time I tried empressri's application method and suggestion to use it as my only product, my hair was double its size by end of day.

Same thing happens to me with FOTE so I know it's the aloe causing it. But with BRHG overtop it's the bomb! :D

Funny you should ask. I have not used CK since last summer. In 2007 my hair loved CK, then last year - not so much so I stopped using it. I have a brand new bottle I have not even tried this summer. If I recall last summer it was also giving me frizz. That makes my thought that it's the glycerin more plausible huh?

I should try your routine tomorrow and see if I just become a whole head of frizz. We have had very low dewpoints here for the past 5 days too. I have not used any products with glycerin in them since about 2 weeks ago when I was noticing a frizz issue.
    Central Massachusetts

Yeah I hear you about the cost of products. It can be a pain, I resisted CJ stuff for a long time! What prompted me to try it was this wacky Summer we've had. My tried and true methods that worked last Summer were MEH..Then whc of course was the biggest product pusher and wouldn't take NO for an answer :lol:

You can always sample from Kathy Mac......

I think I'm going to order samples...thanks again!
    My HG is Pink Boots!

Funny you should ask. I have not used CK since last summer. In 2007 my hair loved CK, then last year - not so much so I stopped using it. I have a brand new bottle I have not even tried this summer. If I recall last summer it was also giving me frizz. That makes my thought that it's the glycerin more plausible huh?

I should try your routine tomorrow and see if I just become a whole head of frizz. We have had very low dewpoints here for the past 5 days too. I have not used any products with glycerin in them since about 2 weeks ago when I was noticing a frizz issue.

I hope it works for you because I'm betting you'll see more volume. It's one of the things I love about it. :hello1:

ITA re the CK - last summer it was my HG - this summer POOF! It means my hair swells in size and density and NOT in a pretty way, cause it simultaneously loses definition.

WHC, I tried it with the BRHG over it; it was a sticky poof:(
    My Photobucket Album
    heart of curls if you do a Google Search and type in CJ Aloe you'll pull up a bunch of recent discussions on all of CJ products. Be sure to check out Marsha's blog too she's got some excellent suggestions on there.

Here's ella's thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=79461

Fave CJ products thread:

That's true, now I use it all the time. I just swapped conditioners and started using a richer one to get more moisture. It's really strange how it didn't work for me and then suddenly did, but I'm glad it does now cause I love it.
    I use it over [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]CJ CCCC[/buylink] and under LaBella Lots of curls gel. But I've been getting the 'growing' thing lately, so I'm gonna try w/ BRHG.

rudeechick wrote: »

Rut ro. Well for my own curiosity I am going to try the ck, aloefix, bhrg combo today. Our dewpoints are in the high 40s so who knows what will happen.

I have cowashed, conditioned and raked in CK, then scrunched in AF and BHRG on top. Then I scrunched with my curlease and I just finished diffusing for a bit. It looks promising. Now, if CK/AF/BHRG start to work for me I will never know what my hair likes or dislikes.
    Central Massachusetts

Rut ro. Well for my own curiosity I am going to try the ck, aloefix, bhrg combo today. Our dewpoints are in the high 40s so who knows what will happen.

I have cowashed, conditioned and raked in CK, then scrunched in AF and BHRG on top. Then I scrunched with my curlease and I just finished diffusing for a bit. It looks promising. Now, if CK/AF/BHRG start to work for me I will never know what my hair likes or dislikes.

LOL ... AFG is the only product that I can reliably use BRHG over. Something in the AFG softens the gel and makes it less crispy and less stringy. And of course you know CK is one of my HG's. I rarely go without this time of year but I've cut back from 5 or 6 palmfuls to 1 since adding the AFG.

LOL ... AFG is the only product that I can reliably use BRHG over. Something in the AFG softens the gel and makes it less crispy and less stringy. And of course you know CK is one of my HG's. I rarely go without this time of year but I've cut back from 5 or 6 palmfuls to 1 since adding the AFG.

Thats so odd - cause while I only use the BRHG in High dews, the AFG is the only product i used with it that made it dense and tacky.....:!:
    My Photobucket Album
  • poppinspoppins Posts: 104Registered Users
    You know this was on my list of things to try....love the idea of more softness and definition, but the idea of more frizz or volume scares me as someone with coarse very dense hair....now not sure...to try, or not to try LOL
    2c coarse,very dense hair, average porousity.
    Currently using:
    Original Source conditioners
    Boots intensive Honey and Jojoba hair mask
    Boots pink curl creme
    Loreal InvisiGel mineral gel
    Also now experimenting with Anita Grant products Yay!
    Also mom to 6 little curlies of various types!:love4:
    Avi:My cute baby boy's super soft baby curls!
    I am drying crispy but that does not surprise me (and I am used the BHRG crunch) but so far no weird frizziness. I will update once fully dry and I SOTC.

Update-Ok..I do not understand my hair. No major frizz after using both CK and AF. Not a ton more volume but nice curl and not stringy-and decent root volume. I know when I used AF before the dewpoints were in this range as well so I know it's not that. Idonotgetit.
    Central Massachusetts