Banana bread lovers unite!

LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
Just made some banana bread over the weekend and wanted to share the deliciousness.

Here's the recipe:

Banana Bread

Ingredients

¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 ripe bananas
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix all ingredients

Pour into a greased & floured loaf pan.

Bake at 350

In a loaf pan, 1 hr
In 9x9.. about 45mins,
Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
It's Sydney, like Australia.
Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

Comments

• shelbymustangshelbymustang Orlando, FLRegistered Users Posts: 391
    Sour Cream Banana Bread is my jam! When my mom told me, I thought she was absolutely nuts but it makes the most delicious (and unhealthy) banana bread ever. It keeps it so incredibly moist that it just melts. Yours sounds delicious, give this one a try next time :D

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Sour-Cream-Bread/Detail.aspx

*This makes 4 small loaves which I gift out or freeze!
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    Yum banana bread. I bought bananas justfor this reason the other day. Here is my fave EASY recipe.

Banana Banana Bread
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    THANK YOU!! I luv BB!!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Yummy!

If you want more moisture but less fat, try adding grated zucchini to your BB instead of sour cream or extra butter. I know it sounds weird but it doesn't alter the flavor at all and makes it nice and moist.
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • JayneeJaynee Bay Area, CARegistered Users Posts: 2,039 Curl Neophyte
    mdrb wrote: »
    Yummy!

If you want more moisture but less fat, try adding grated zucchini to your BB instead of sour cream or extra butter. I know it sounds weird but it doesn't alter the flavor at all and makes it nice and moist.

Love this idea! Would you use the same amount of zucchini as sour cream/butter? Say, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of sour cream/butter/oil, use a half cup of that and a half cup of zucchini?
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    mdrb wrote: »
    Yummy!

Love this idea! Would you use the same amount of zucchini as sour cream/butter? Say, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of sour cream/butter/oil, use a half cup of that and a half cup of zucchini?

It depends on how much egg and banana your original recipe calls for because you still need something to hold it all together. I usually still put in about a tablespoon of butter and 1 medium sized zucchini.
    PS: The zucchini trick works with most cakes if anyone feels like experimenting!
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file