CurlTalk

CG method question...

If I am afraid of gels (that crunchy look, to be precise), is it alright to just Co-wash with Giovanni's Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner and let it airdry? Am I missing a step?

I have coarse, wavy hair (2c, I think). My main issues have been too much volume/frizz.

Comments

• carrie640carrie640 Posts: 216Registered Users
    I guess ANYTHING is possible IF it works for YOU! If you don't think you need gel...hey, have at it. I think the biggest thing with CG is NO SILICONES! Wash with that conditioner...run from a brush...run from a blow dryer...that sort of thing.
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users
    Your hair will probably dry poofy if you don't use a leave-in conditioner and/or gel. :( Something is usually necessary to keep things from drying oddly.

When gel dries, you are supposed to scrunch out the crunch. The gel just acts like a cast to keep your curls from frizzing out and separating before they dry. :) Now, some people leave in some of the crunch, and that's cool too, but I'm confident in guessing 90%+ of the folks here scrunch out the gel crunch.

I like to put a little coconut/shea butter (KBB butter specifically) on my hands when I scrunch out my gel. It seems to smooth things out a bit. :)

HTH!

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    carrie640 wrote: »
    I guess ANYTHING is possible IF it works for YOU! If you don't think you need gel...hey, have at it. I think the biggest thing with CG is NO SILICONES! Wash with that conditioner...run from a brush...run from a blow dryer...that sort of thing.

See the thing is, I use a brush everytime I wash my hair and use a blowdryer everytime I dry it LOL oh dear!!
    I also use water soluble silicones which are okay. These are the ones with PEG- infront of them :)
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

• carrie640carrie640 Posts: 216Registered Users
    *GASP* Tell me it isn't SO!!!:confused5:

Well, ok...I do, too...sort of....my hair doesn't get the tangles/ratty stuff so nothing is pulling....and I only do it once my hair has been pulled in a pony tail for a day where it's started to "straighten" a little on it's own. Healthy ends are a GOOD start to preventing ratty stuff/tangles, etc :)

See the thing is, I use a brush everytime I wash my hair and use a blowdryer everytime I dry it LOL oh dear!!
    I also use water soluble silicones which are okay. These are the ones with PEG- infront of them :)
  • ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    I know, right? VERY BAD Ella! But after reading your post, I decided to try using a wide-toothed comb. It was difficult, but it did get the job done. I'm also airdrying today :) I hope it looks good haha.
    *GASP* Tell me it isn't SO!!!:confused5:

Well, ok...I do, too...sort of....my hair doesn't get the tangles/ratty stuff so nothing is pulling....and I only do it once my hair has been pulled in a pony tail for a day where it's started to "straighten" a little on it's own. Healthy ends are a GOOD start to preventing ratty stuff/tangles, etc :)

3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.