my hair is more frizzy... help!

Kimberly13Kimberly13 Posts: 4Registered Users
I started no-poo like 2 weeks ago and i find that plopping my hair tends to make my hair frizzier than when i used shampoo. I'm currently using suave naturals coconut conditioner for the co-wash and then l'oreal vive pro nutri gloss. I use garnier fructis curl shaping gel (just because i've used that for the past 3 years and haven't had problems with it yet) before i plop my hair. so does anyone have any suggestions on how i can make my hair not look so dull and frizzy? oh and i'm trying to not to spend that much money. thanks!

the first picture is my hair when i was using shampoo after ploping.
the second picture is my hair when using no-poo after ploping
the third picture is my hair the day after the second picture and not washing (and basically what it looked like when i didn't know anything about plopping or curly girl)
3a
CG since July 09

Current products
Co-wash- Suave Naturals Coconut
Conditioner- L’Oreal Pro Vive Nutri Gloss
Style- Garnier Fructis Styling Gel

Comments

• NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    Kimberly13 wrote: »
    I started no-poo like 2 weeks ago and i find that plopping my hair tends to make my hair frizzier than when i used shampoo. I'm currently using suave naturals coconut conditioner for the co-wash and then l'oreal vive pro nutri gloss. I use garnier fructis curl shaping gel (just because i've used that for the past 3 years and haven't had problems with it yet) before i plop my hair. so does anyone have any suggestions on how i can make my hair not look so dull and frizzy? oh and i'm trying to not to spend that much money. thanks!

the first picture is my hair when i was using shampoo after ploping.
    the second picture is my hair when using no-poo after ploping
    the third picture is my hair the day after the second picture and not washing (and basically what it looked like when i didn't know anything about plopping or curly girl)

Your hair can take up to 8 weeks to fully adjust to the CG method. Most people actually find that their hair looks worse the first 2-3 weeks. Plopping makes my hair frizzy, too, so I would suggest that you stop plopping and just apply your products. If you want more volume, you can do it upside down. If your hair still looks frizzy after 8 weeks, you may be overconditioned, because Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut is too heavy for some people. Try one of the V05 conditioners or another Suave Naturals conditioner for co-wash. It took me awhile to figure out what works best for me and for my hair to fully adjust to the CG method. HTH:thumbup:
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• yogawavesyogawaves Posts: 368Registered Users
    Hi Noracurl,
    I was wondering what's in your evoo hair spritz and how is it working? tia
    yogawaves, formerly known as yogagirl
  • SzandraSzandra Posts: 24Registered Users
    Hi Kimberly13!
    I had similar problems,my hair was frizzier and straight (!) but very soft. What I did, is mixed home made flax seed gel with a bit of Suave conditioner and put on my hair. I do not like gels by themselves,but with the conditioner,it works lovely. So my hair is soft and curly now.
    :)
    Natural hair colour growing out.:thumbright:
    Shoulder lenght 2b/2c medium with coarse,dry canopi.
    Co-wash: Suave Coconut
    Rinse out: Suave Milk & Honey
    DT: Conditioner with honey,avocado,etc..
    Leave in: Home made FSG with Conditioner.
    Dislikes: oils,gel by itself (the scrunchy feeling ewww),VO5 products.:sad3:

CG since 30th May 2009.
    Proud to be Hungarian in Bolivia :occasion9:
  • thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Posts: 230Registered Users
    your hair looks amazing even after my hair has gotten used to cg method its still way frizzier than yours because my hair was really damaged i would so love to have your hair.
    conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
    leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file