I want to start, but...

sadoflesadofle Posts: 3Registered Users
I'm worried my hair will be "too curly". :(

I know that sounds bad but I really do love my soft waves- I just yearn for that shiny, healthy, frizz-free look I've seen of people who go no-poo...

I'm also unsure if I can give up "cones" because my hair is SUPER thick and coarse and frankly I'll do anything I can to weigh it down while keeping the soft waves...

Thoughts?

Comments

• anatidaephobiaanatidaephobia Posts: 343Registered Users
    It doesn't sound bad at all. I would recommend you give it a try anyway and then choose styling products that loosen the curl instead of those that enhance. Some people find [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]Kinky Curly Curling Custard[/buylink]) loosens their curl and you might find the same thing. I would suggest staying away from products that contain magnesium sulfates or other salts to enhance curls.

Also, many of us apply our styling products in ways that enhance the curl and you can choose not to do that. So, you wouldn't "scrunch and pump" like I do, for example.

If it doesn't work out for you, then you can always go back but at least you'll have tried.
    CG since 6/15/09 -- fine/medium texture, medium porosity

Conditioners: GTTTT, Kenra & KCKT
    DT: CJ Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix
    Styling: KCCC, KCHP, HEBE, Loma Imply
  • silappsilapp Posts: 34Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've got really course, thick hair as well, and I always thought my hair needed 'cones to keep in under control.
    I have been doing the CG method for a few months now, and its never been better. My hair stays MUCH better under control without that stuff.. Just a lot of moisture!

Give it a try! You can always go back!
  • thefossilchickthefossilchick Posts: 25Registered Users
    I was worried about massive curl shrinkage as well. It didn't happen -- my waves are better defined, softer, less frizzy, and probably loads healthier, but they didn't go Shirley Temple on me. That looks great on some others, but wasn't the look I wanted.

That said, it took a couple of weeks for me to really see awesome results. I second silapp, it is definitely worth a shot!
    2b/2c medium to coarse, medium porosity

Wash: Jessicurl HCC, V05 Tea Therapy
    Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea, AOHR
    Stylers: Naturelle Hypoallergenic Gel, Jessicurl CC and RR
    Trying to figure out plopping...:sign6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file