CurlTalk

Going Clubbing/Dancing??

What the heck do I do when I'm out dancing?? :blob2:

While I am not a big drinker, I am definitely all about going out dancing! I'm always DD so I'm usually not sitting coyly at the bars winking at strangers (ain't nothin' wrong with that though! :glasses1:) but the one in the middle of the dance floor dropping it! :laughing2:

My problem is that by the end of the night, I get the frizz halo, even though half of it is pinned up, down, all around! I understand that if you move around as much as I do (as a mixed black, latin, Brazilian girl, I'm always moving!!) there's going to be *some* curl disruption, but my hair looks like I threw on a sheep and walked out of the house by the end of the night, in fact, I think sheep have more defines "curls" than I do! And I'm only a 3a/3b!

So, what do you, as my curly sisters, do?? :)
There is a phenomenal amount of beauty in self-acceptance. <3

Comments

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I usually don't care and just let it do what it wants. Its dark anyways!

If I don't want to deal with it, I usually put it up in cute updos using bobby pins, headbands, etc
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Alot of times I put it up in a ponytail. That keeps the frizz down some. My best friend though is Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray. I usually only use it lightly for regular use but when going out, I spray a little heavier to help combat the frizzies. I still get some though regardless because I get hot and that just causes instant frizz but you do what you can.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Alot of times I put it up in a ponytail. That keeps the frizz down some. My best friend though is Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray. I usually only use it lightly for regular use but when going out, I spray a little heavier to help combat the frizzies. I still get some though regardless because I get hot and that just causes instant frizz but you do what you can.

This reminds me! I use this stuff as well.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I pull it up anyway because I get so hot dancing (not to mention the heat from how packed it usually is) that I can't stand it on my neck at all. Even with it up, I usually touch it up in the bathroom with tiny bit of pomade (TINY bit, because you don't want to end up greasy). Banishes the frizz quite nicely.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • notyouraveragecurlnotyouraveragecurl Posts: 193Registered Users
    Thanks! It's kind of hard to tie it back because my hair is so short, but if I do so while it's wet maybe it will behave! :joker:
    There is a phenomenal amount of beauty in self-acceptance. <3