CurlTalk

Clothes Shopping Ruins my Hair..!!!

:help:
Hi All-Just venting though, if anyone has a tip I would sure appreicate it!! The pulling on and off of clothing turns my hair into a frizzy mess and when I am shopping with my straight haired friends, by the end of the trip, my cute curls are a frizzy mess and I look like I just wrestled a bear and the bear won. So I guess the obvious is to buy a cute hat..( I don't have any though) or wear my hair up though it is kind of short to do that, it's a little above my shoulders. I'm a newbie, just started CG and CO have not had a chance to post a pic or a signature CG routine yet. Thanks! The worst is shopping with friends and going out directly afterwards.. I don't do it often with a new baby at home, but when I do, it would be great to not look like a wreak!
I guess I could stick to shopping for pants only. LOL
Any thoughts??? Advice?? Thanks- I love this website!

Comments

• tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got no advice. Just wanted to say welcome and that I feel your pain. I went clothes shopping a couple weeks ago and I looked just awful when it was over. But I some great deals so it was ok! LOL!!
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I have the same problem & hate it, HATE IT! I was just thinking about this the other day & wanted to post about it. Actually, I've thought about it since day one of shopping for myself, in the mid 80s & never knew what to do other than wet it down when I get home.
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    I always wear a headband so that kind of helps but I've just been putting it in a ponytail or bun. It does bother me too. :dontknow:
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • CurlyRaeCurlyRae Posts: 129Registered Users
    That happens to me too. It's horrible. I usually just wear my hair down while I shop, then when I'm done I pull the hair around my face back with bobby pins. That usually hides the halo frizz I get from pulling shirts on and off.
    I have med/coarse 3a/b curls with low porosity and normal elasticity. Thank you Live Curly Live Free!!

Basically CG since '06

Protein is my enemy :evil5:

Mag. Sulfate gives me serious frizz :eek:

Loving: JCWDT, KCKT & KCCC :laughing6:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyrae%2F" class="Popup
  • ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    I think most of us have this problem. I'm quite small so I don't try on tops to be honest cause I know by looking if it'll fit.
    I do have to try on pants.
    And when I do try on shirts and tops, it's a nightmare for my hair. :angry2: Lol.
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

• wookiemousewookiemouse Posts: 295Registered Users
    With a new baby at home, online shopping is your friend. :) You can fix your hair in-between clothes! If I'm out, then I wear it up in a ponytail (it does get bad by the end tho).

Stacy
    3a/some b, med/high porosity, med texture

My current HGs:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, VO5 Strawberries & Cream
    Conditioner: Deva OneC
    Leave-in: Shea M, Deva B'Leave In
    Cremes: CIAB, pink Boots
    Gels: BRHG

CG since 2/07 and loving it!
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    I think most of us have this problem. I'm quite small so I don't try on tops to be honest cause I know by looking if it'll fit.
    And when I do try on shirts and tops, it's a nightmare for my hair. :angry2: Lol.

I was going to say this too. I am not small but I usually know my top size especially since I only go to a couple of stores.
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • curlybeautycurlybeauty Posts: 81Registered Users
    My hair is pretty good when it comes to shopping trips. I just smooth it down afterward and all is good. I can usually tell if a top will fit me, so I normally don't try them on, but when I do, it's nothing more than slight, barely-there frizz.

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    When I'm going shopping for clothes and know I'll be trying on many things, I wear one of my stretchy or zip dresses that I can step into and pull up.

Of course, it doesn't help if you need to try on a pullover top. But at least you're only doing damage with what you're trying on and not what you wore in. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users

Yeah, same here. I try to be as careful as I can, but there isn't much you can do. Just expect it to not look so great afterwards. I always wear my hair up when going clothes shopping, though if I only need a of couple things, my hair is fine.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • Seren1Seren1 Posts: 20Registered Users
    Haha I have the same issues. I also noticed that the aweful lighting in the dressing rooms seems so illuminate my halo of frizz :D
    I usualy just try to put it back in a cute bun that already has pretty pieces coming loose so it looks like it's supposed to be that way when more comes out.
    I noticed your pretty gangster....I'm pretty gangster myself.:cool:
    Seren - That's a really good idea! Maybe we should all just carry a sample sizes of hair product in our purses to smooth down frizzies inbetween tryings-on! LOL!

• willwork4curlswillwork4curls Posts: 99Registered Users
    Me too! I thought I was the only one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mod CG since 8/08 -was wavy, poufy, and difficult before CG. low-poo nearly every day/diffuse daily
    Low-poo-kevin murphy
    Rinse-out conditioners - kevin murphy
    Leave-in- kevin murphy bodyguard
    Curl Enhancers-kevin murphy, curly sexy hair, kccc
    Hold-kccc & brhg
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Seren - That's a really good idea! Maybe we should all just carry a sample sizes of hair product in our purses to smooth down frizzies inbetween tryings-on! LOL!

Hehe, I do this. I but a little 2 oz jar from Walmart and I keep [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]CJ aloe fix[/buylink] in it in my purse...
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • lunabellelunabelle Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thanks everyone! At least I know I'm not alone and from now on I will try all of the tips suggested including bringing along a headband, bobby pins, bun, sample size products and dressing in easy to change clothes.
  • lunabellelunabelle Posts: 4Registered Users
    Yes, good idea..online is always an option!

Hehe, I do this. I but a little 2 oz jar from Walmart and I keep [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]CJ aloe fix[/buylink] in it in my purse...

Nothing to be ashamed of hehe, I think that's pretty savvy of you!!
    And, Willwork4curls, of course not, we're all hair obsessed here!! ;)