Does Co-washing inhibit hair growth?

EbonyCurlsEbonyCurls Registered Users Posts: 15
I just chopped off my 3b medium hair in the hopes of growing it back out. I don't want to do anything to slow my hair growth. I have never done a Co-wash before and I was thinking of using Suave Naturals Coconut (i've heard good things on here about it) about 2x a week, and pre-poo'ing with it once a week (using a low-poo shampoo).

I've heard that you should not put conditioner w/in 2 inches of your scalp (especially if you're trying to grow it out) because it will clog the pores. Do I need to worry about this w/CG friendly conditioners? Thankyou!

Comments

• velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    I've never heard of anything like that. I've been cowashing for years and I get about 3/4" growth per month, without any signs of clogged pores on my scalp. I am also using CG conditioners, if that makes a difference.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    My hair grows at the same rate now on a modified CG routine as before I started. I do not believe what you said is true...unless your conditioners contain heavy waxes and large amounts of petroleum-based ingredients.

• betweenshadesbetweenshades Registered Users Posts: 130
    I've actually found that my hair is growing slightly faster due to my scalp being healthier. :)
    Sarah - 3B/C, CG since 11/25/05

DevaCurl and Jessicurl rock my hair care world.

My Hair Journal

tiger.gif
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Registered Users Posts: 945
    I have been doing CG or modified CG for a few years now and I have never had a slown down in hair growth. My hair grows super fast and actually it may be even just a tad bit faster since doing CG. :)
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • CopperWavesCopperWaves Registered Users Posts: 83
    My hair grows just as fast as it always did and my scalp never gets dry and flakey like it used to.
    My hair is not the boss of me!!!!
  • EbonyCurlsEbonyCurls Registered Users Posts: 15
    Thankyou all for reassuring me! Turns out the co I bought (suave naturals coconut) washed out alot easier than I any co i've ever used, and my scalp seemed clean. 2 wks since my last shampoo!
    I didn't even plan to go poo-less I just decided that I would co wash my hair until it decided it needed shampoo, but it's still fresh and scalp is clean and before i knew it it's been 2 wks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file