It's early but... Back to School styles, anyone???

FooziHeadFooziHead Posts: 17Registered Users
Planning ahead for the win!

Any ideas? I personally have 3b/c mix, almost shoulder length. Starting FRESHMAN YEAR! *gasp* So it would help to look more "mature"...:geek:

But, post whatever you can think up for anyone else who's searching to make a "good first impression" (aka not look like a total 1st grade dork!)
Of course all people with curly hair are crazy! Why'd you think the crazy sign is twisting the imaginary curls by your head?:laughing5::laughing5::tongue3:

Comments

• thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Posts: 230Registered Users
    I need help with back to school styles too. Oh and I love the quote "of course all people with curly hair are crazy why do you think the sign for crazy is twisting the imaginary curl by your head"
    so true
    conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
    leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:
  • curlytop16curlytop16 Posts: 2Registered Users
    uhh. seriously mostgirls in h.s. have straightened hair every day so theres not much to say. side braids look realllly good and the half up half down works well too. or just wear it normal because curly hair really stands out (in a good way!) since most girls fry their hair by straightening it every single day.
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Posts: 100Registered Users
    I'm at a loss this year! My hair is about an inch and a half from ny shoulder and curly, I've been growing it out and not straightening it at all this summer. Either I'm going to straighten it right when school starts and get my bangs cut or just get it trimmed and wait until mid-October. I dunno yet. ;_;
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    okay so one really cute style is half up half down. It is "mature" in my opinion if done right and makes your curls seem really cute! there is also side braids, or side ponies which in my opinion also seem pretty "mature" and look really good on curlies!!! There's always a messy bun to! here are some pics
    HAlF UP HALF DOWN (sorry that pic is so huge!!)
    half-updo.jpg
    side braid
    thumb.php%3Fn%3Dcsh-030222.jpg%26w%3D400%26ct%3Dyes
    messy bun
    z187447816.jpg
    if you need me to explain how to do any of these styles just reply to my post! I hope you find a good hairstyle for your first day of schoo!!!!:tongue5:
    Hope I helped!!!!!!

~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • makemesmile29makemesmile29 Posts: 42Registered Users
    I need help with back to school styles too. Oh and I love the quote "of course all people with curly hair are crazy why do you think the sign for crazy is twisting the imaginary curl by your head"
    so true

OMG!! i would do that alllll the time! when ever someone did that i would tell them " yes i know i do have curly hair! " and they would get sooo annoyed!!! i loved it! and same here im looking for new hair styles!
    CLAIRE <3
  • wmvbugwmvbug Posts: 43Registered Users
    I like pinning back just the front pieces of hair becuase it makes my hair look bigger. I just google image all the celebrities with curly hair like Taylor Swift and see how they do it. Also watch music videos. Lot's of ideas there. :]
    3b hair

Started CG July 29th 2009!

:D
  • SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I noticed that a lot of the styles you guys suggested are for people with longer hair.. I believe the thread creator said her hair was a little shorter than shoulder length? My hair is almost that length too.. and I haven't decided what to do yet..
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    Sandi you have a good point i'm sorry I forgot the thread maker had shorter hair although two of the three style I mentioned can be done with shorter hair the messy bun and half up half down...that's all I can really think of doing though...
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users
    My hair is shoulder length. I used to just wear it down/pull it all back with no variation because it always looked horrible pre-CG. I love messy buns, especially if your hair curls more at the front like mine does. (Given up on plain ponytails altogether - they just don't look good on me. :goofy:) Headbands are good for wearing it down and keeping it off your face at the same time, and there are literally endless possibilities with updos using large clips.

Sadly, I fail at braiding so that's never been a viable option for me. It works well on others here, though, even if you just braid one section of hair. Fortunately gym isn't mandatory anymore, so I don't have to go to school and get my hair ruined in first period. :roll:
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).
  • happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    hippie headband
    Katie_Cassidy+Feb_08_2009.jpghippieheadbands.jpg
    boho braids
    minka-kelly.jpg
    french braid
    FrenchBraid7.JPG
    a bun
    undone-bun-main-xl-53507315.jpg
    half updo
    half-updo-xl-58384935-xlarge.jpg
    curly ponytail
    image_amber.jpg
    i hope some of this helped.
    :happy1:
    Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:
  • vannessavannessa Posts: 31Registered Users
    My hair is shoulder length too and what I like to do is clip up just the bang part (or the front part) with a bobby pin and like a little poof

something like this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSah8xE6y8g&feature=channel_page

You don't have to leave it overnight if you don't want that

I usually wear my hair like that or in a high or side low ponytail
  • kawiGirlkawiGirl Posts: 56Registered Users
    personally, i have wore my hair curly since almost the end of my 8th grade year and i will be starting my junior year next week(yuck).
    i always wear a side part because i think it makes me look a little older. i will sometimes pull back the top layers and pin them back with bobby pins (think hermione granger in harry potter and the order of the pheonix).
    most of the girls at my school will straighten their hair and i pretty much just let it do what it wants to.
    if i were you,i would just experiment before my school started back and find a couple of styles that are easy to fix and that i like and look good on me. that way my hair wouldn't always look the same and you can feel happy about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file