CurlTalk

So....Which is better?

HESMU or HETT? When I run out of my current gel I want to try a different one without 'cones.
Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
Rinse:
ACV rinse
Detangler/Conditioner:
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer

Comments

• ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    I have only used HESMU, it works pretty well. But for my hair I need a stronger hold. HETT is supposed to have the least amount of hold out of the HE gels. I don't think there are many HETT gel fans. Hopefully someone who has used both can compare the two for you.
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • CurlyCassieRoCurlyCassieRo Posts: 94Registered Users
    I've used both and I found that for my hair, which is 3b, the HETT works the best on my hair. It's not to say that SMU didn't work, I just didn't like the weight it added to my hair I suppose but, it worked fine. I just happen to like TT better.

They are cheap enough for you to try both and you can always swap out the one you don't like.
    cowash: VO5 kiwi lime
    condition: Say Yes to Carrots (also leave in a smidge)
    styling: Marc Anthony Strictly Curls and Herbal Essence's Totally Twisted and DevaCurl Set it Free
    I am finally embracing my crazy curls! :happy2:
    modified CG since Jan. 2009 I am a Jersey Girl!
    CG was the best thing I ever did for my hair. Ever. :love4:
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    Yeah, I think I'll just get both and try both of them.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I've used both and it depends on how much hold I'm looking for - HESMU is much stronger than HETT but still SOTC very soft.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.