1 Gallon Condish

ldscurly-qldscurly-q Registered Users Posts: 40
I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but Sally's has a condish in Honey Almond by Salon Care that comes in a gallon jug. It was only $8.99 and it is actually the best condish I've tried so far in conjunction w/ CG. Since I go through a lot of it, I think it's a really good deal. Just thought I'd put the word out! :)
3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shampoo twice per week with Bumble and Bumble Gentle Shampoo, followed by Rich Conditioner, Leave In (or rinse out) Conditioner and Prep spray. Bb Curl Conscious Creme (thick hair) and Tri Styling Gel.

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Do you use it as a co-wash or regular condish? Is it a good detangler? Does it have good slip? How long have you been using it? Do you have fine, thick, or medium hair and is it prone to dryness? :lol:
  • ldscurly-qldscurly-q Registered Users Posts: 40
    I have used it both ways. There is a fair amount of slip to it, but not super slimy, if that makes sense? It almost seems like my hair absorbs it, not like it's just sitting on the surface of my hair. I have fine hair that is prone to being really dry. I really like it as a co-wash just becuse it's not super slippery and it feels like it has cleaned my hair as well as my scalp. I checked out the ingredients and it is CG--thankfully because I didn't think to look at first.
    I run a comb through my hair while it's in my hair in the shower and then let it sit while I do the rest of my shower routine. I've been using it for about 3 weeks. I can usually tell in about a week if a condish is gonna suck but so far so good! :D
    Here's the link to show you what it looks like. I haven't tried it as a leave-in either because I use the monoi oil for that so I'm curious as to how it would be as a leave-in. http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1240/120364
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
    Shampoo twice per week with Bumble and Bumble Gentle Shampoo, followed by Rich Conditioner, Leave In (or rinse out) Conditioner and Prep spray. Bb Curl Conscious Creme (thick hair) and Tri Styling Gel.
    I might try it as a co-wash when I use up my White Rain. I need a condish that is slimey for my regular condish LOL :lol:
    The Sally here is open to the public. You just get a discount if you are a professional w/ a Sally card. I'm from the bay area (San Jose) and I never saw a Sally that wasn't open to the public. That's so weird. Sorry you couldn't get it! :(
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
    Yeah I grew up there but am currently in Washington because my husband is active duty Army and we're stationed here. I miss the Bay Area so much!
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
    Definitely get the Sally card! It's so worth it. In Washington they will take a military ID and give you the same discount as the Sally card. I love it! :D
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
    ldscurly-q wrote:
    Yeah I grew up there but am currently in Washington because my husband is active duty Army and we're stationed here. I miss the Bay Area so much!

My hubby used to be at Ft. Lewis. He's not Army anymore, so we moved closer to family(Poulsbo/Bremerton area). We go to Tacoma a lot, the shopping is better and we love the Tacos Guaymas on 38th street :lol:
    Oh cool, someone from up here! It must be great to be out of the Army. My husband's a lifer. 6 more years till retirement. He's in Iraq right now but he'll be home in 2 weeks for R&R :D
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
    Cool! Let me know how you like it. It has slip but it's a little different than most conditioners that I've tried in that it doesn't feel slimy but your hair will feel the same after you use it. Kinda hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean :wink:

You got a pump for it, right???
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
    Yay! Very cool. I get super excited when stuff works for people...yeah, I have no life right now. :lol:
    3A/3B, Botticelli, fine
  • growingitlonggrowingitlong Registered Users Posts: 122
    ldscurly-q wrote:
    I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but Sally's has a condish in Honey Almond by Salon Care that comes in a gallon jug. It was only $8.99 and it is actually the best condish I've tried so far in conjunction w/ CG. Since I go through a lot of it, I think it's a really good deal. Just thought I'd put the word out! :)

hi ldscurly-q,

if it's not too much trouble can you post what's in this conditioner?

thanks in advance,
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    I'll have to look for this conditioner. Does it have protiens in it do you know?

I just wanted to say Ldscurly-q The difference in your hair before and after CG is amazing! And so inspiring!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • mayimmayim Registered Users Posts: 2,301
    yup - the keratin is protein.

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    Hmm ok I'll hold off running to get it until I figure out if I"m for sure protein sensitive or just sensitive to certain products.

Thanks so much!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • mayimmayim Registered Users Posts: 2,301
    no problem.

i am really liking nature's gate herbal at the moment. no proteins. i use it to co wash and as my condish.

sorry to guano the thread ... oops!

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• RedCurly1RedCurly1 Registered Users Posts: 14
    I had bought the Honey and almond one, and that is when I learned I was protien sensetive, I used it one time and my hair was HORRIBLY dry and strawlike. I went the next day and exchanged it for the berry one, but I am kinda scared to use it, it has been sitting under my sink for a few weeks!!!
    I remember when I lost my mind - there was something so pleasant about that place - gnarles barkley
    3a with 3b underneath CG since end of July 2006
    Current favorites - CK, HE SMU, ACV Rinces, Honey
  • growingitlonggrowingitlong Registered Users Posts: 122
    tinicurlyd wrote:
    i still have the honey almond condish from sallys i love it . heres the ingrediants:
    water (aqua), cetyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, honey (mel), prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond ) oil, hydrolyzed keratin, pyrus malus (apple ), pectin extract, propylene glycol, dicetyldimonium chloride, frangrance (parfum), citric acid, polymethoxy bicyclic oxazolidine,fd&c blue no. 1, fd&c yellow no. 5,d&c red no.4, d&c red no.33

thanks tinicurlyd so much for posting the ingredients

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file