What hair product ingredients can cause skin problems?

PierrePierre Posts: 6Registered Users
Anyone know?

Comments

• ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    Coconut oil is the only one that I know for sure drives my skin nuts. I can still use Jessicurl products, but straight coconut oil causes tiny milia on my skin. It's not pretty. I know that some people can't use silicone on their skin. It's all very individual.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    SLS makes my scalp freak out and I get wicked itchy dandruff. No SLS for me.

I've actually stopped using SLS entirely in my skin care too - my skin is much happier.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    whatever's in NAIR :lol: gosh that stuff is nasty
    3b-3c CG
  • BlondieCurlBlondieCurl Posts: 108Registered Users
    Petrolium and mineral oil are two biggies. Heavy silicones can also do it. Waxes could do it too.

Something I've found is that it depends on whether you wash your hair in the morning or at night. If you wash in the morning, you go to bed at night with product still on your hair. Product gets on your pillow. You toss and turn at night. Product goes from your pillow to your face. Face breaks out.

The worst hair product related breakout I ever had was with Tigi Bedhead Manipulator. Have no idea what was in the stuff that made me breakout, but boy was it bad!!
    Somewhere between a 2-3a, Currently loving Innersense Quiet Calm Curl control cocktailed with L'Oreal Melting Gel.
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Definitely stay away from the tub of waxy coconut oil they sell at Sally's by Proclaim. That stuff made my back break out something awful.
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I avoid mineral oil like the plague.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • PierrePierre Posts: 6Registered Users
    What are some examples of mineral oil? Is it just listed as that on the bottle?
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mineral Oil is also known as:

Paraffinum Liquidum
    Paraffin oil
    Liquid petrolatum
    White Mineral Oil
    Nujol
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Anything with Shea Butter sends my face into a tail spin. I also have to watch out for too much vitamin E or certain "botanicals".
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file